Stride around London and explore the city with a guide for free. Yes, you read that right! Reaping a free walking tour in London, a busy and sophisticated megacity is a deal breaker if you ought to travel on a budget. What’s more? It is an exclusive Harry Potter walking tour. Visit the major locations of this blockbuster, hear about the fascinating stories of the cast and crew. All for nothing!
Harry Potter Walking Tour of London
Harry Potter Walking Tour of London : In A Nutshell
Discover the most iconic locations where the Harry Potter films were based and filmed on this 2.5 hour walking tour of London.
- Stop by real locations used during the filming of the movies, stroll down the real Diagon Alley and of course, visit the iconic Platform 9 and 3/4 at Kings Cross station!
- Put on the Sorting Hat and find out which house you belong in - whether it's Potter's Gryffindor or Malfoy's Slytherin.
- Visit the sites that inspired J.K. Rowling, from Shakespeare’s Globe and St. Paul’s Cathedral to the world’s smallest police station.
What is this free walking tour in London all about?
Seize this cool offer to have a glimpse of the Hogwarts universe. If you are a pottermaniac, this is something you cannot not want. Harry Potter is easily one of the most defining pieces of literature produced in the last century. Not only is it a read for all literature lovers but also a binge for movie buffs. On this free walking tour, your guide will lead you to iconic filming locations across London as well as famous sets where parts of Diagon Alley and Gringott's Bank, to name a few, were shot.
What is the itinerary for the free walking tour London?
- The tour begins at Palace Theatre where your guide will sort you into your respective Hogwarts House before you embark on your magical walk through London.
- Once the sorting is complete, you will make your way to the many different locations on your itinerary, beginning at Diagon Alley. Your expert guide will lead the group down the real Diagon Alley where Harry bought his first wand before going to school.
- Next, you will be guided to the Millenium Bridge - the bridge destroyed by the Death Eaters in “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".
- Your next stop is King’s Cross station, home of Platform 9 ¾. Here, you can commemorate your visit with a photograph with the disappearing trolley - the perfect souvenir for wizarding folk at Platform 9¾!
- You will also be taken to famous locations that inspired J.K. Rowling such as the 900-year-old Clink Prison, Sherlock Holmes' Pub, Knockturn Alley, the world’s smallest police station, Daniel Radcliffe's School, and many more! This tour is every Potterhead's dream.
How do I book this free walking tour in London?
Booking a free tour on Headout is simple. Grab tickets to any of the following experiences below and get an exclusive 'Harry Potter Walking Tour' FREE, worth £17. Check out the experiences with which this free tour comes complementary and grab your ticket. Not to forget, you almost always earn cashbacks on your Headout purchases, hence all the more savings.
When does this tour start and how long does it go on for?
This 2.5 hour guided tour of London is available at 1:00 PM on all 7 days of the week.
Who runs the free walking tour London?
Run by passionate Potter fans who love the Hogwarts universe, this tour will acquaint you across London’s famous landmarks that the movies were featured in the movies. You are in for one crazy walkabout with geeks in love with the city and its contribution to the cinematic universe of Harry Potter.
2.5 hours of fun time with other Harry Potter fanatics! Jessica was our guide and simply amazing. We learnt so much about the movies’ shooting days and the city of London. The tour brought us to so many places that are not so well known. I was so excited that I went home and rewatched the series. We also took millions of pictures. Definitely recommend you take this tour.
Which language is this tour in?
The free walking tour London is conducted only in English.
How many people are allowed on the tour?
Despite being a free tour, they do not allow more than 30 people in one group. Like they say, the more the merrier.
Can I book the free walking tour London on the day of the experience?
The tickets are open dated and you can book them on any day you'd like. It does not have to be on the date of the experience you've chosen.
Do I need to print out my tickets?
Nope! You can show your mobile voucher to the tour guide and you're good to go.
Where does the free walking tour London start?
The meeting point is situated underneath the huge Harry Potter sign outside the Palace Theatre. Palace Theatre is situated on 113 Shaftesbury Ave in London's Soho district.
Do I have to pay a fine if I don't turn up?
Of course, no! We understand plans change, so just let us know and we'll have the tour guide know about your absence.
Visiting London On A Budget?
Here are a few detailed guides that will help you plan your budget trip to London better.