A river-themed wildlife park where you can experience the majesty of iconic rivers while making some new animal friends? We’re not making any of this up! The River Safari Singapore is a wildlife sanctuary spanning over 12 hectares, home to freshwater habitat of world rivers like the Amazon, Mississippi, Mae Klong, Nile, and more
The reserve features a setup which allows you to explore the wildlife park on foot and end the experience with a magical cruise that traverses the park's gentle waters, where you can spot a myriad of aquatic animals like the endangered giant Mekong catfish. You will also get an opportunity to meet the resident giant pandas Kai Kai and Jia Jia at the Giant Panda Forest
River Wonders in a Nutshell
|⏰ Suggested Duration:||3 hours|
|☀️ Best Time to Visit:||Mornings|
|🎟️ River Wonders Singapore Tickets||S$39.90|
|🚇 Nearest MRT||Khatib|
Giant Panda Forest
Amazon River Quest
Things to know
Constructed in: 29 November 2012
Location: Mandai Wildlife Reserve
No. of animals: 11,000
Total area: 30 acres
Opening Hours And Address
Daily 10 AM - 7 PM
80 Mandai Lake Rd, Singapore 729826
Why Visit River Wonders?
- Unique Fauna: Housing over 6000 animals across 200 species, and 400 plant species, River Safari Singapore is an experience you just cannot miss! Out of the 200 animal species present in River Safari, 40 are threatened, making the place even more special.
- Learning Experience: Understand the ecology of rivers and their significance to our planet. Interactive exhibits at River Wonders ensure an educational experience for visitors of all ages.
- Thrilling Adventure: You can explore the park along the Mississippi, Congo, Nile, Ganges, Mekong and Yangtze rivers, where you can get a good look into the freshwater aquariums and the rich walk-through exhibits.
- Conservation Efforts Beyond being just a fun experience for families, River Safari Singapore takes active part in global conservation efforts pertaining to many species of flora and fauna.
Recommended River Wonders Tickets
River Zones At River Wonders Singapore
The most popular, and for good reason, attraction in River Safari Singapore is the River Zones. You’ll get to experience the following iconic rivers:
- Mississippi: This exhibit features a range of North American wildlife from the world’s fourth longest river. Packing a powerful bite are the alligator snapping turtles and their cousins, the common snapping turtles.
- Congo: The Congo River, also known as the Zaire River, is one of the largest rivers in the world and the deepest (220 m at one point!). Here you can discover colourful fish species like the Congo tetra, giant freshwater puffer etc.
- Nile: Regarded as the longest river in the world at 6800 km, the Nile’s water resources are shared by about 11 countries, particularly Egypt and Sudan. Here you'll discover the African arowana, tigerfish, and giraffe catfish.
- Ganges: Strange, mysterious, and holy at the same time, the Ganges river is revered by Hindus and home to the unusual Indian gharial, frog-faced softshell turtle, and the intriguing goonch catfish.
- Mekong: Mekong River, the closest to Singapore, is the lifeline of countries in the region like China, Burma, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. It is a powerful source of clean energy, and humongous river life like the monster giant catfish and the freshwater stingray.
- Yangtze: The Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia and third in the world. It has been deeply intertwined with the history, culture and economy of China for centuries. Exhibited here are the ancient sturgeon, giant salamander and the Chinese alligator.
Highlights Of River Wonders Singapore
1Giant Panda Forest
A key attraction of River Safari Singapore, the Giant Panda Forest offers a delightful little experience. Here, you can meet lovable giant pandas Kai Kai and Jia Jia in a climate-controlled biodome that simulates their natural habitat. The Giant Panda Forest is also home to the rare red panda, so watch out for them while here.
2River Safari Cruise
End your day of exploration and discovery by hopping on the River Safari Cruise to enjoy and relax after a fun-filled day. Look out for scenic photo opportunities as you gently cruise along the upper Seletar reservoir. The best part? There’s no height restriction for the cruise, which means everyone in your family can come along for this adventure.
3Amazon River Quest
Experience the marvelous and mysterious Amazonian boat adventure with Amazon River Quest. Designed to simulate a journey along the Amazon River, your keen senses will come into play here. Try and spot the well-camouflaged and elusive wildlife hidden among the lush vegetation. Highlights include the Brazilian tapir, jaguar, and the giant anteater!
4Squirrel Monkey Forest
The Squirrel Monkey Forest will give you ample opportunities to get really close to these small, adorable animals, native to Central and South America. Unlike other animals, squirrel monkeys are generally quite curious, which means you won’t have to strain your eyes looking for them in the camouflaged natural surroundings.
5Amazon Flooded Forest
In the world’s largest freshwater gallery, get a special view of remarkable aquatic animals in an underwater ecosystem that mimics the submerged Amazon. You’ll get to witness red-bellied piranhas, manatees, electric eel, black-finned pacu, motoro stingray, arapaimas, and giant river otters!
Best Time To Visit River Wonders
While there is no perfect time to visit River Wonders - it's an established fact that the views and vibes are best during sunset. Ideally, it’s also the perfect time to bump into a plethora of people. If you're someone who loves beating the crowd, sometime early afternoon, or late evening should be the best time to visit. Additionally, read about best time to visit Singapore before you plan!
River Wonders Singapore Opening Hours
River Wonders is open from 10 am to 7 pm, everyday
Getting To River Wonders
To come to Singapore River Wonders by public transport, take the MRT Red Line and transit to a connecting public bus such as no. 927 and no.138. If you're coming by car take the SLE towards Mandai Road and reach Mandai Lake Road.
Other Attractions Around River Wonders Singapore
Here are some top attractions which are located near River Wonders, that you should add to your itinerary.
Gardens By The Bay is an awe-inspiring 101-hectare nature park in Singapore, showcasing horticultural artistry. This green oasis boasts impressive features such as the futuristic Supertree Groves, the Cloud Forest, and the colorful Flower Dome. With its panoramic waterfront views and diverse range of plant life, it offers an unforgettable journey into the realm of flora.
The Night Safari is an immersive experience which brings the visitor closer to the life of nocturnal animals. The experience allows visitors to see animals live like they would in the wild in an artificially constructed habitat that allows these animals to live outside their cages. Whether you’re an adult or a child, this experience will leave you feeling enriched.
A permanent fixture on the Singapore skyline since 1974, the Singapore Cable Car is one of its most exciting experiences. The Mount Faber cable car line links Mainland Singapore to the buzzing Sentosa Island. While the newly added Sentosa Line is an intra-island line and covers the length of the Sentosa Island. The colorful cable cars dot the skyline and offer a fantastic panoramic view of the city.
The Singapore Zoo , locally known as the Mandai Zoo, the massive nature enclosure that is the Singapore Zoo, spreads over an area of 28 hectares. With Singapore Zoo tickets, get the unique opportunity to see over 315 animal species, 16% of which are categorised as threatened; the zoo is divided into six zones that are replicas of different habitats from across the world.
Facilities available at River Wonders Singapore
- ATM: POSB & UOB ATM machines are available at the Singapore Zoo main entrance.
- Lost & Found: If you've lost an item in River Wonders, contact River Wonders Visitor Services for assistance.
- Nursing Rooms: They can be found at Entrance Plaza, Pavilion Capital Giant Panda Forest, Boat Plaza, and Amazon Flooded Forest.
- Diaper Changing Facilities: Available at Entrance Plaza, Pavilion Capital Giant Panda Forest, Boat Plaza, and Amazon Flooded Forest.
- Mobility Access: Rent a stroller (S $15), wagon (S$18), electric scooter (S$ 20), or a wheelchair (complimentary).
- In-Park WiFi: Look for 'PARK_FREE_WIFI' to get connected for free.
- First Aid: Ask the uniformed staff. Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are also available at Entrance Plaza, Pavilion Capital Giant Panda Forest, and Boat Plaza.
- Lockers: Rental lockers are available to store your belongings.
- Small locker (45H X 43L X 28.5W cm) is S$5 for the first 3 hours, and S$1 for every additional hour or part thereof.
- Large locker (60.5H X 43L X 35.5W cm) is S$10 for the first 3 hours, and S$2 for every additional hour or part thereof.
- Left Baggage: Large suitcases can be placed at the Rental Services counter. Services start at S$10 for the first 3 hours and S$2 for every additional hour or part thereof.
- Prayer Room: Assistance is available at the park's reception counter.
- Rain Gear: Ponchos and umbrellas are available for purchase at the gift shop.
River Wonders: Rules & Regulations
- While it might seem enticing, please stay away from all areas that are marked restricted. Venturing into prohibited areas is not allowed and can be highly dangerous.
- Be compassionate towards all the animals you come across. No feeding or teasing animals is allowed.
- Make sure that you’re seated and have your hands and feet inside the boat at all times during the amazing boat rides.
- River Wonders is a smoke-free park. If you absolutely must smoke, please proceed to the designated smoking area located outside the park.
- You are not allowed to film footage inside the park for commercial use, unless you have official consent from River Wonders.
- Your pets or plants are not allowed inside River Safari Singapore. This is done to ensure that the animals inside the park stay safe.
- No flash photography is allowed inside the park. Please switch off the flash before you take any pictures, because the bright light can disturb the animals.
River Wonders Singapore Tips
- There’s a lot to see and do at River Safari Singapore, so it would be best to plan your day in advance. You’ll need at least half a day to completely explore the park, so plan accordingly and make the most out of your visit!
- While there’s no official best time to visit River Safari, our recommendation would be during the winter or early summer. Since there’s a lot of walking around to do, avoiding the sun is in your best interest.
- If you are visiting the park during the summer, don’t forget to bring your sunglasses and lather up your skin with sunblock or sunscreen.
- If possible, try and visit the park during weekdays since it’ll be less crowded as compared to the weekends, giving you time to explore everything at your own pace.
- River Safari is primarily a wildlife reserve so make sure to apply some insect repellent before you start exploring the park.
- Bring along adequate drinking water for your trip to River Safari. There’s a bit of walking involved and you don’t want to be dehydrated. If you didn’t bring any water, there are water dispensers you can get drinking water from.
Singapore River Wonders FAQs
How much is the ticket for River Wonders?
Tickets for River Safari start from as low as S$39 for adults. The tickets includes a complimentary Reservoir Cruise ride as well.
What are the Singapore River Safari timings?
River Safari is open from 10 AM to 7 PM. It is open every day of the year.
How do I reach the Singapore River Safari?
River Safari is located in 80 Mandai Lake Road. You can reach via public transport - Mandai Khadib shuttle, the Mandai bus service, Safari Gate bus(takes you directly to River Safari).You can also self drive or take a taxi.
How long will it take to complete River Safari park?
You can spend anything between a few hours to half a day depending on the amount of time you allocate to every attraction and the crowd inside the safari park.
How many types of boat rides are there in River Safari?
Amazon River Quest and Reservoir Cruise are the two types of boat rides. Children must be at least 1.06m to take the rides.
How long will boat rides in River Safari take ?
Amazon River Quest is a 10-minute boat ride with a view of animals living along the Amazon river.Reservoir Cruise is a complimentary 15-minute ride along the Upper Seletar Reservoir.
What all can you do at River Safari Singapore?
You can experience River Zones, Giant Panda Forest, River Safari Cruise, Amazon River Quest, Squirrel Monkey Forest and the Amazon Flooded Forest among many other experiences.
Are there any rules for the Singapore River Safari?
It is important to stay away from the restricted areas.River Safari is also a smoke free area. It is mandatory to follow many other rules like no feeding or teasing the animals,no filming allowed for commercial use without official consent, no flash photography etc.
Is River Safari inside Singapore Zoo?
River Safari and Singapore Zoo are adjacent to each other. The River Safari is a 5 minute walk from Singapore Zoo.
Are there services available to go around River Safari?
Yes.Strollers and wagons are available for infants and toddlers,electric scooters are available to move around for all visitors, they all come with certain rental fees.Wheelchairs are available for visitors with limited mobility(complimentary service).
What is the River Safari ticket price for children and senior citizens?
Children below 3 years have free entry to the park. Children above 3 years have an admission fee of S$20.70. Senior citizens above 60 years of age have a concession under the Senior Citizens’ Concession Rate with necessary proof of identity.