A permanent fixture on the Singapore skyline since 1974, the Singapore Cable Car is one of its most exciting experiences. The Mount Faber cable car line links Mainland Singapore to the buzzing Sentosa Island. While the newly added Sentosa Line is an intra-island line and covers the length of the Sentosa Island. The colorful cable cars dot the skyline and offer a fantastic panoramic view of the city. The latest addition, Sentosa Line, even won the Top 50 Engineering Feats award at IES-SG50 in 2016. Visitors can enjoy a truly unique experience while on the Singapore Cable Car, like an evening dining pass, which makes the entire journey extrememly memorable.
Singapore Cable Car Ride
Know before you go
Best time to visit - during sunsets
Starting Singapore Cable Car Ticket price - S$24.5
Duration - Approximately 30 minutes
Routes - Mount Faber Line and Sentosa Line
8:45 AM to 10:00 PM every day
The last boarding is at 09:30 PM
Harbourfront Cruise Centre
Harbourfront Station, 1 Harbourfront Avenue,
Keppel Bay Tower, Singapore 098632
Why Take A Singapore Cable Car Ride
The Singapore Cable Car line offers the most spectacular views in all of Singapore. The first aerial ropeway in the world to span a harbor, it connects Mainland Singapore to Sentosa Island. The two lines of the cable car network, Mount Faber and Sentosa, pass through all the stunning and iconic sights of Singapore. You can get a bird’s eye view of the world-class Singapore infrastructure, the picturesque beaches and harbor as well as renowned Singapore attractions and theme parks. The cable car line has gotten a multi-million dollar makeover in 2010 and boasts of comfortable cabins with modern facilities including the latest safety measures. So hop on for the ride and enjoy an experience of a lifetime!
What to Know Before Your Singapore Cable Car Journey
The Singapore Cable Car is one of the most popular ways of reaching the Sentosa Island. The two lines of the Cable Car, Mount Faber and Sentosa Line, have a total of six stations.
• Mount Faber Line: The line begins on Mount Faber Station, Faber Peak and continues through the Harbourfront Station towards the third and last stop on the Mount Faber Line, Sentosa Station.
• Sentosa Line: The Sentosa Line begins at Merlion Station and continues on to the Imbiah Lookout Station before ending at Siloso Point Station.
Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass
Unlike standard tickets, the Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass allows you to access all the six stations, during a single trip. This is irrespective of where the ticket holder got on to the ride!
What Is a Cable Car Round Trip?
If you opt for a round trip on the Singapore Cable Car, the best advantage you have is that you not only get one-time access to all six stations across the Mount Faber and Sentosa lines, but once you've completed all stops, you can go right back to the start and get off at the first station you hopped on. The best way to avail a round trip is by opting for a Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass.
Singapore Cable Car Tickets
Choosing The Right SNG Cable Car Tickets
You can purchase tickets for the Singapore Cable Car Skypass online in advance or at the station itself. However, if you are looking to buy discounted Singapore Cable Car tickets, you can do so with Headout, a trusted online marketplace. Headout regularly offers exclusive discounts up to 40% off the regular price.
What to See During a Singapore Cable Car Journey
The vibrant cable cars whizzing across the skyline between Singapore and Sentosa provide an unparalleled travel experience in Singapore. It has been rated as one of Singapore’s Top Ten Landmarks by TripAdvisor, it continues to be the most sought after mode of transport between Singapore and Sentosa.
Exploring Singapore and Keppel Harbor
The Mount Faber Line is perfect to catch the sights of the Central Business District in Singapore and the Keppel Harbor. The round trip time on this line is of about 30 minutes and the best way to start your trip is from the Harbourfront Station towards the Mount Faber Station. You can explore the Faber Peak and then embark on your journey towards the Sentosa Station.
Ideally, you can combine your cable car visit with attractions in Sentosa. This way you can also space out the time and take the return journey in the evening or night. The night time views from the cable car are amazing and you can see the glittering skyline of Singapore and Sentosa.
To get on to the Sentosa Line you need to get off the Sentosa Station and take a short walk to the Imbiah Lookout Station. You can go either way from there, either on to Merlion Station or Siloso Point Station on the opposite end. The round trip on this line takes about 15 minutes and covers a brilliant stretch of Sentosa’s best attractions. You will have to return back to Imbiah Station and walk back to Sentosa to take the return cable car to Harbourfront Station.
Suggested Singapore Cable Car Itinerary
- Start your trip from the Harbourfront Station. The Harbourfront station is located on Level 15 of Harbourfront Tower 2.
- Take the cable car towards Mount Faber Station. This route is often less crowded and provides spectacular views of Singapore and the harbour.
- Alight at the Mount Faber Station and enjoy the beautiful views of Central Business District and Keppel Harbour.
- From Mount Faber Station, travel all the way towards Sentosa Station. On this route, you will see Keppel Harbour, Singapore Cruise Terminal, Adventure Cove Waterpark and Universal Studios Singapore. This completes the Mount Faber Line.
- Get down at the Sentosa Island and walk to Imbiah Lookout Station to get on the Sentosa Line. The Imbiah Lookout Station is located 5 minutes on foot from the Sentosa Station.
- From the Imbiah Lookout Station, you can go to either Merlion Station or Siloso Point Station.
- On the way to Merlion Station from Imbiah Station, you will see Skyline Luge's tracks, Skylift and the beach.
- From Imbiah Station to Siloso Point Station, you will see Mount Imbiah's jungle, MegaZip Adventure Park, Fort Siloso, and Siloso Beach.
- To head back to the mainland, get down at Imbiah Lookout Station, walk to Sentosa Station to get on the Mount Faber Line and get down at the Harbourfront Station.
Tip: Space your travel itinerary out so that you can enjoy both the daytime and night-time views of Singapore and Sentosa. Both are equally magical.
Sights and Attractions Covered along the Singapore Cable Car Skypass
This is an interactive map. Click on the icons for more details.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Your dose of travel fix - from hacks and deals to travel tips and everything in between, delivered monthly to your inbox
Perks of buying the Singapore Cable Car Skypass
The Singapore Cable Car offers a bird’s eye view of every possible attraction in Singapore. It runs over a beautiful harbor, fantastic adventure parks, lush forest and modern architecture. With a Singapore Cable Car Skypass you can enjoy these breathtaking views at your pace while hopping on and off the route.
Attractions along the Mount Faber Cable Car Line
The Mount Faber Line offers panoramic views of the Central Business District of Singapore as it moves across the world-class highway. Kids especially love watching the vehicles whiz past on the roads below them. The Faber Peak surrounded by thick greenery is a welcome change from the steel and chrome landscape of the city.
The Mount Fable Cable Car on its way to Sentosa also crosses the Keppel Harbor including the Harbourfront Cruise Centre. As the cable car looms on to the Sentosa Island, the Merlion greets you to Sentosa! The vistas are breathtaking and a delight for photographers.
Attractions along the Sentosa Cable Car Line
The Sentosa Cable Car Line is also a visual wonderland and cuts across a considerable length of the island. On the line from Imbiah to Merlion you can see Skyline Luge’s tracks, Skylift and the brilliant blue waters of the beach.
From Imbiah to Siloso Point, you can see Mount Imbiah’s jungle, MegaZip adventure Park, Fort Siloso and the Siloso beach.
Combine sightseeing with cable car ride
You can even combine your sightseeing along with the Sentosa cable car ride. From the Imbiah station or Merlion Station you can easily walk down to Madame Tussauds, Sentosa Merlion, Universal Studios, and Kidzania. From the Siloso Station you can head to the Siloso Beach, Fort Siloso and the Underwater World.
Both the Mount Faber Cable Car and Sentosa Cable Car lines offer fantastic photo opportunities. To make the most of these, you can get a Skypass so you don’t have to purchase Singapore Cable car tickets at every stop.
Singapore City Pass
If you're looking for an easy way to explore all the major attractions and experiences during your visit, why not opt for a Singapore City Pass?
With this passs, not only do you get a 2-way cable car ride, you also have the opportunity to visit other popular attractions in Singapore. You can combine your sightseeing itinerary and commute by the cable car to make the most of your Singapore City Pass. It is perfect for tourists short on time and who wish to enjoy as many experiences as possible. It also allows you to skip the lines at certain attractions and you don’t have to keep purchasing tickets at each destination. This will save you a lot of time and money on the go.
Singapore Cable Car Reviews
Absolutely loved it! Its quite an experience to see the west side of this country from top & in the air. It was also a time to rest our feet for a while from the day-long walking. During the night the lights of the ships and the hotels create a unique ambiance nice! Highly recommend Read
I have traveled to many places till now however this was my solo trip to Singapore. I went to Sentosa Island by the Singapore cable car. This was a wonderful experience. You can see the whole Sentosa Island from the Top, especially Universal Studios (one of the attractions of Sentosa Island). I just love the ride. It is of around 5-7 minutes ride but it's amazing. I would highly recommend the visit once at least. Whenever you get a chance to visit Singapore you must visit there.
Insider Tips For First Timers
- Try to time your round trip journey so that you can cover the day time and night time view. Both the views are spectacular and offer different perspectives of the Sentosa Island and Singapore waterfront.
- The cable car cabins can get stuffy on sunny days. While there are fans inside the car, ensure you leave the windows slightly open for extra ventilation.
- If you are particular about lighting for photography, you can open the window and take pictures without the tint or glass reflection affecting the photograph.
- Late mornings and afternoons on weekends are especially crowded on the Mount Faber Line. If you are a solo traveler, then you may have to share the cabin with others.
- If you wish to re-board the cable car at any of the four stations, you will have to line up in the boarding line. This is because the boarding and alighting areas are separate.
- The cable car is quite spacious and fits 8 adults comfortably. It can even fit in a stroller for a baby.
Singapore Cable Car FAQs
Where can I book Singapore Cable Car tickets?
You can book your Singapore Cable Car tickets at your preferred station, or online at Headout to get the best discount and experience options.
What is the Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass?
This pass allows guests to access all cable car stations on a single trip. This is irrespective of where the pass holder has gotten onto the cable car ride. If you purchase a round trip pass, you can visit each station twice.
What routes are available on a Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass?
There are two main routes: the Mount Faber Line and the Sentosa Line.
How long is a Singapore Cable Car ride?
It depends on the Singapore Cable Car ticket you purchase. A basic ticket gives you a 30-minute ride, while if you choose one with lunch/dinner variant, your journey could be between 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
Is lunch/dinner included in my Singapore Cable Car ticket?
No. You would have to specifically book a ticket that includes lunch or dinner in its inclusions.
What is the visitor capacity of a Singapore Cable Car?
The cable cars are spacious and can comfortably accommodate up to 8 guests, including a baby stroller.
Ready To Explore Singapore?
Check out our comprehensive Singapore Travel Guide packed with itiniraries, tours, culture trips, best hotels, restaurents and a lot more.