Have only one day to spend in Singapore? Fortunately, this small island country is quite conducive to short trips. Home to one of the world’s most efficient and extensive public transport systems, the MRT - travel around the in no time and make the most of your stay in the city - even if it’s just for one day. With this one-day itinerary, dip your toes in Singaporean culture, stimulate your senses as you immerse yourself into a natural haven, and, of course, have some fun! To help save time - hit up one of the city’s many hawker stalls and grub out on delicious local food in-between your activities.
1 Day in Singapore - Singapore Zoo, Marina Bay Sands, Promenade, Singapore Flyer
The impressive Singapore Zoo is well-known around the world, thanks to its 11 different zones and 12 exhibits that house over 2,800 animals, including over 300 wildlife species of mammals, birds, and reptiles. The zoo has made sure to create exhibits that replicate the exact natural habitat each of its animals would live in. Make a trip to the Primate Kingdom for a glimpse of 39 species of primates, explore underwater galleries, and much more. Guests can also attend interactive animal shows, go on tours and safaris, and feed some of the animals.
Daily from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM Address
80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore 729826
- Be prepared with sunscreen and a poncho for untimely rains.
- Apply insect repellent upon arrival to avoid unexpected bites.
- Don’t share your food with the animals unless it is allowed.
• Skip the Line: Singapore Zoo Flexible Entry Tickets with Optional Transfers
• Super Saver Combo: Singapore Zoo + River Safari
• Super Saver Combo: Singapore Zoo + Night Safari
Plan to stay
A trip to Marina Bay would certainly not be complete without a visit to the SkyPark Observation Deck. Rise 57 feet above the city and witness the heart of Singapore in all its glory. The public observation deck at Marina Bay Sands SkyPark resonates with luxury and even reveals the world’s largest infinity pool. Sip a tall glass of champagne as you overlook the breathtaking city skyline. If it's in your budget, you can also indulge in a delicious lunch at one of the fine restaurants in the vicinity. Offering a spectacular wine and dine experience, it's sure to be an unforgettable meal. Be sure to take home some exclusive souvenirs from the aesthetic Sands Sky Park Shop.
Daily from 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM Address
10 Bayfront Avenue, Level 57, Sands Skypark Tower 3, Singapore 018956
- Make sure you buy a ticket to Sands Sky Park if you’re not staying at the Marina Bay Sands.
- The SkyPark may be closed for an event or occasion, it is best to check with the hotel before you plan out your day.
• Marina Bay Sands SkyPark Observation Deck Tickets
Plan to stay
After soaking up the views from atop the SkyPark, head to the water for some more sightseeing. The waterfront promenade at Marina Bay is a 3.5 km stretch that serves as a popular walkway and recreational space in Singapore. Designed as an environmentally friendly area, it also successfully brings people together. Rejuvenate as the mist relieves you from the Singaporean humidity, or, sit back at a 'breeze shelter', equipped with motion sensor fans. A walk around the promenade will acquaint you with some of the most impressive looking skyscrapers that make up the city’s skyline. Frolic by the fountain or take a picturesque walk down the boardwalk. After a day of fun, watch the sun go down over the glorious waterfront.
Open 24 hours Address
1 Esplanade Dr, Singapore 038981
- It is highly recommended to watch the light and laser show that takes place in the evenings.
- You can also take a boat ride in the bay; however, the experience can be steep if you’re on a budget.
Plan to stay
Last, but certainly not least, watch the sun set aboard the iconic Singapore Flyer. At a staggering height of 165m, the Flyer is one of the world’s largest observatory wheels - think of it as the London Eye of Asia. It's even been deemed as one of the biggest tourist attractions on the continent. The breathtaking view aboard the Flyer promises an expansive view of the skyline, along with a brief glimpse of Malaysia and Indonesia from the top. The urban architecture is a masterful addition to the country and displays flawless engineering along with cosmopolitan cityscape. Sip on champagne as you enjoy the panoramic views of Singapore aboard the Flyer and see the city in a whole new light.
Daily from 8:30 AM to 10:30 PM Address
30 Raffles Ave, Singapore 039803
- It is advisable to go either early in the morning or late in the evening for the best possible experience.
- Book online in case you’re planning to visit on a weekend, when the attraction will undoubtedly be busy and crowded.
- It’s best to check the skies for clear weather if you wish to enjoy an unobstructed view of the skyline.
• Singapore Flyer Night Discovery
Plan to stay