Sky’s the limit for Metropolitan Opera - Now online for free
Mandated halt of all public places has forced various tourist attractions to shut down lately owing to the COVID-19 outbreak. Ergo, New York’s Met Opera had to cancel its extravagant live performances. However, with thousands of travel plans getting disrupted for people all around the world, businesses have now started serving virtually to keep their customers engaged.
Consequently, the Opera house that spearheaded the performance arts scene in New York refused to step down during the chaos, and announced it’ll be streaming its encore performances online for the viewers to experience the spectacle from the comfort of their homes. For free!
The performances have been available to stream from 16th March onwards, with week-wise schedules released on the official Met Opera website and are available to be streamed from 7:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. the next day.
Where To Watch
Although nothing can replace witnessing the performances live, Met Opera believes to give you the second best way to live the moment! The performances can be streamed on the Met Opera website - https://www.metopera.org/ and on the official Met app.
Below is the slated queue for Week 4:
- April 6, Monday - Verdi’s Aida - From October 6, 2018
- April 7, Tuesday - Puccini's La Fanciulla del West - From January 8, 2011
- April 8, Wednesday - Verdi's Falstaff - From December 14, 2013
- April 9, Thursday - Wagner's Parsifal - From March 2, 2013
- April 10, Friday - Gounod's Roméo et Juliette - From January 21, 2017
- April 11, Saturday - Donizetti's Don Pasquale - From November 13, 2010
- April 12, Sunday - Mozart's Cosi fan tutte - rom March 31, 2018