Longacre Theatre | An Overview
Opened : 1913
Longest Running Show: Maria Rosa
Box Office Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10am - 8pm | Sunday: 12 pm-6 pm
Number of Seats: 1045 seats | Orchestra (506), Mezzanine (314), Balcony (243)
Available Facilities: Coat check, Accessible entrance, Wheelchair accessible seats, Accessible bathrooms, Hearing Assistance, Food Stall, Water fountain
Now Playing at Longacre Theatre
A Brief History Of Longacre Theatre
Designed by Henry Beaumont Herts, The Longacre Theatre is named after Longacre Square (now Times Square). It was made by manager H.H. Frazee (infamous for selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees as the then Boston Red Sox owner) and officially opened with the William Hurlbut-Frances Whitehouse comedy Are You a Crook on 1st May 1913. After Frazee plunged into financial hardship, the theater changed hands many times before being sold in 1919 to Astor Theatre Incorporated, a subsidiary of Shubert. The building has served as a studio for radio and television during the 1940s and 1950s.
Best Seats in Longacre Theatre
Value for money
Mezzanine Center and orchestra back.
Best views of the stage
Orchestra Center and Mezzanine Center first three rows.
Most expensive seats
Orchestra Center front seats.
Interact with the Longacre Theatre Seating Chart before buying your tickets.
Facilities Available at Longacre Theatre
- Accessible Entrance
- Wheelchair Accessible Seats
- Unisex Accessible Bathrooms
- Water Fountain
- Coat Check
- Hearing Assistance
- Concession Stands
- The bathroom is located on the orchestra level. If you are sitting somewhere other than the orchestra level, you head to the bathroom as early as possible during the intermission..
- The food stall sells products at an inflated rate. Get your eating and drinking done before you enter the theater.
- Get tickets for the first rows of the orchestra and mezzanine level or the corner seats if you need extra legroom.
- The theater is known to have too many stairs. Buy tickets only for the accessible seats if you have a mobility issue.
Getting To Longacre Theatre
Located in the middle of the busy Theater District, getting to the Longacre Theater is fairly easy both by road or by rail. If you plan to take the subway there are plenty of choices that you can choose from depending on your starting point. You can either ride the B, D, F, or M train to 42nd Street and 8th Avenue, 1,9 to 42nd Street and Broadway or take the N, Q, R, or W train to 42nd Street and 7th Avenue. Cabs can take you directly to the theater from any part of New York.
Parking Near Longacre Theatre
Hotels Near Longacre Theatre
Restaurants Near Longacre Theatre
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: Fast-food chain offering Mexican fare, including design-your-own burritos, tacos & bowls.
- The Mean Fiddler: Boisterous Irish sports bar with DJs at night & a menu of American & Irish pub grub.
- Hurley’s Restaurant & Bar: Revolving American bar & grill on the 48th floor of the Marriott Marquis with Times Square views.
- Times Square Diner & Grill: American diner fare & a full bar offered in a stylish, modern atmosphere with loft-height ceilings.
- Pongsri Thai Restaurant: Branch of long-running Thai mini-chain (since 1972), serving traditional specialties.