Located at 1260, Avenue of the Americas, Radio City Music Hall is an entertainment venue that serves as the headquarters for the precision dance company, the Rockettes. The venue was designed by Edward Durell Stone and Donald Deskey and construction occurred between 1932 and 1940.
Radio City Music Hall boasts an Art Deco style architecture with a large auditorium. In 1978, the performance venue was decreed a New York City Landmark and the Music Hall was restored and allowed to stay open. While initially intended to host stage shows, Radio City Music Hall hosted performances in a film and stage spectacle format and even some big movie premieres. The Music Hall has also hosted televised events including the Tony Awards, the Grammys, the Daytime Emmy Awards and more.
Presently, the venue mainly hosts concerts and live shows, including the iconic Radio City Christmas Spectacular.
If you’re looking to catch the show, our Radio City Music Hall seating chart has all the information you could possibly need.
Address: 1260 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020
Check out the Radio City Music Hall Seating Chart.
Top Trending Shows on Broadway
Orchestra: From the ticket lobby, stay to the left and there will be another automatic door opener on the wall on the left side; just before the doors into the Grand Foyer. Proceed into the Grand Foyer and directly into the Orchestra. You may ask an usher for assistance to be situated.
Mezzanine: From the ticket lobby, stay to the left and there will be another automatic door opener on the wall on the left side, just before the doors into the Grand Foyer. Proceed into the Grand Foyer and make a left. A bank of four elevators is located on the left side at the end of the Grand Foyer. These elevators will take you up to the First, Second and Third Mezzanine. Please be aware that you enter each of the Mezzanine sections from the rear. The last row requires one step up and each row down requires two steps down. Feel free to ask an usher for assistance getting settled.
Restroom: There are restrooms in Radio City Music Hall that are usable and accessible for wheelchair patrons. There is one stall with grab bars on the First, Second and Third Mezzanine in the men and women’s restrooms—located in the back promenade near Aisles A & B. There are two wheelchair accessible stalls each in the Grand Lounge men and women’s restrooms, one each of which has a sink, hand dryer, mirror and grab bars.
Concession Stands: Upon request from visually impaired individuals, concession stand sales personnel will verbally provide selection and price information, and will retrieve merchandise. Concession stands are located on every level of Radio City; with a souvenir concession stand located in the Grand Foyer. There are food and beverage concession stands located in the Grand Lounge and on the First, Second and Third Mezzanines. All concession stands are wheelchair accessible.
Water Fountain:Water fountains are usable and accessible for patrons with disabilities. For your convenience, disposable cup dispensers are located adjacent to each water fountain. The water fountains are located on First, Second and Third Mezzanine in the back promenade near Aisles C and F, as well as in the Grand Lounge.
Assistive Listening System: Assistive listening devices, which are complimentary, are available for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Specifically, we provide the R7 Personal PA model manufactured by the Williams Sound Corporation that operates on an FM system. Please see a guest relations representative upon your arrival at the Music Hall to arrange for the use of an Assistive Listening Device. You will be required to leave valid identification such as a driver’s license as collateral.
- Please arrive at least half an hour prior to showtime. All your belongings will be checked before entry and that will take a bit of time.
- No video equipment is allowed inside the Radio City Music Hall.
- The Radio City Music Hall is equipped with elevators that can be used by guests with disabilities that service every level.
- Please note that no outside food or beverage is allowed inside the venue. You can purchase food or drinks from the concession stand before the shoe begins or during the intermission.
- Restrooms are located in the downstairs waiting area and all three mezzanine levels. All the restrooms inside the venue are wheelchair accessible.
Getting To Radio City Theatre
The following buses stop near the Radio City Music Hall: M42, M104, M6, M10, and M27/50.
By Subway :
You can take the 1, 9, C or E train to 50th Street or the N or R train to 49th Street to reach the venue.
Restaurants Near Radio City Theatre
You can make your Broadway experience extra special with our hand-picked selection of the best restaurants near Radio City Music Hall. If you’re looking for an in-depth guide for food options in the Theatre District, we have got you covered. Looking for a quick bite before or after your Broadway show? Here our some of our favorite restaurants around the Radio City Music Hall:
- Johnny Utah's: An Enjoy an authentic Midwest experience at this BBQ diner with an urban cowboy setting and mechanical bull riding.
- Sardi's: This iconic diner is decorated with caricatures of showbiz celebrities and serves delicious continental food.
- The Capital Grille: Part of an upscale steakhouse chain, The Capital Grille serves classic American fare in a refined setting.
- Connolly's: A wood-paneled Irish pub perfect for pub food and a beer in the city.
- DB Bistro Moderne: Daniel Boulud’s Moderne serves modern French bistro cuisine with a fair amount of American flavors.
Radio City Music Hall was designed as a palace for the people, a place of beauty where ordinary people could see high-quality entertainment. Since its 1932 opening, more than 300 million people have gone to Radio City to enjoy movies, stage shows, concerts and special events.
1260 6th Ave, New York, NY 10020, United States.