With plays, musicals, kid-friendly shows, pantomimes, and more, West End's shows are running warm in London's thriving theatres, and are sure to impress you!
Can't seem to make up your mind on which West End show to watch, with all the choices? We've got your back! Stay onboard to catch the best West End shows, with the best tips!
Top 10 West End Shows to Watch This Season
How to Get Tickets to the Best West End Shows?
West End, aka London's version of Broadway is as worthy as the latter, and the ticket sales are a witness to this. From Lion King to the Phantom of the Opera, West End's best shows have been running for ages due to its massive popularity, and many keep coming back for more.
Which is why it is best to book your London Theatres - West End Show Tickets as early as possible to get the best seats, from where you can have the best view of the stunning performances.
And with Headout, you can conveniently book your tickets from home, with even options to purchase last-minute tickets!
Things to Know Before Your West End Show
If you're looking to watch a west end show, there are a few things you can do to ensure you have the best experience.
- Be prepared - Try to find out what the show is about and what it's all about. This will help you get a better understanding of the show and enjoy it more.
- Book in Advance - Make sure to book your West End Show Tickets in advance as many popular west end shows tend to be sold out.
- Arrive early - This will give you plenty of time to find your seat and get situated. The earlier you arrive, the less rushed you'll feel. You'll also get the best seats!
- Dress comfortably - You'll be sitting for a while, so it's best to dress in clothes that are comfortable and won't restrict your movement.
- Be prepared for loud noises and bright lights - Some shows can be quite loud and bright, so if you're sensitive to those kinds of things, it might be a good idea to bring some earplugs and sunglasses.
- Enjoy yourself! - The whole point of going to a west end show is to have fun, so make sure to relax and enjoy yourself!
What to Wear to a West End Show in London
If you're heading to a west end show, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind when it comes to what to wear:
- Most importantly, dress for the occasion! You'll also want to choose an outfit that is appropriate for the type of show that you are seeing.
- A dress or skirt and blouse, or a tuxedo is a good option, or if you're feeling more adventurous, go for something a little more flashy.
- Make sure that your outfit is comfortable and doesn't restrict your movement in any way.
- A glamourous evening at the theatre calls for something a little more dressy than a matinee performance, for example.
- Finally, don't forget to accessorize! A statement necklace, a nice scarf, or bold earrings can add the perfect finishing touch to your look!
There is no definitive answer, as everyone's tastes vary, but some popular West End shows include "The Phantom of the Opera," "Les Misérables," and "The Lion King."
One way to decide which show to watch is to read reviews from theater critics and others who have seen the show. Another option is to ask friends for their recommendations. And finally, our recommendations are always insightful!
The price of tickets varies depending on the show and the seating location. Generally, prices range from £10 to £80 per ticket.
Tickets can be purchased from the box office at the theatre, which will take time, as you'll have to wait in the queue or you can book online from us at your convenience!
The best way to get to the West End depends on your location. There are several Tube stations located near the theatres, as well as bus routes.
Yes, there are often discounts available for West End shows, including senior and student discounts.
More West End Guides
Use our handy guides to plan your visit to the London theatre district!