In the cultural melting pot of West End is a company that has captivated audiences for decades through its productions. With unparalleled grace, elegance and storytelling, the English National Ballet, London, delivers spellbinding performances. If you enjoy dance performances, English National Ballet shows are a must-watch. Here is a detailed guide to the English National Ballet, London, for those looking to book their tickets for a show!
Guide to the Best English National Ballet Shows
- The Formation of English National Ballet, London
- Notable Productions and Alumni of the English National Ballet, London
- Best English National Ballet Shows to Watch in West End
- How to Buy Tickets to English National Ballet Shows in London?
- Insider Tips
- Frequenty Asked Questions About English National Ballet Shows
The Formation of English National Ballet, London
The company was founded as the London Festival Ballet by Alicia Markova and Anton Dolin in 1950. Markova and Dolin wanted to tour the world and share the ballet experience with diverse audiences. The company was renamed to English National Ballet in 1989.
English National Ballet, London is one of the major touring companies in Europe. It has about 67 dancers, a symphony orchestra, known as the English National Ballet Philharmonic, and the English National Ballet School, an independent school.
Notable Productions and Alumni of the English National Ballet, London
The company has several ward-winning productions under its belt, such as Rudolf Nureyev’s Romeo & Juliet (Olivier for Best Ballet Creation 1978) and Akram Khan's Giselle (South Bank Sky Arts Award for Dance 2017 and the Manchester Theatre Award for Best Special Entertainment 2018).
The company also has stellar Award-winning dancers and alumni like Edward Watson, Marianela Nuñez, Julia Conway, Daniel McCormick, and Agnes Oaks.
Best English National Ballet Shows to Watch in West End
How to Buy Tickets to English National Ballet Shows in London?
English National Ballet shows tend to get sold out quickly so its best to book your tickets online in advance. With Headout, you can find the best seats with unbelievable discounts. Book your English National Ballet Shows at the cheapest prices, with an option to book them months ahead or just a day before!
- Remember to book your English National Ballet shows in advance and online for the best seats and prices.
- Arrive Early: This will give you enough time to find the theatre and get seated.
- Follow Venue Guidelines: Many venues strictly prohibit photography and videography. Abide by the guidelines.
- Be Respectful: Switching off your phone or silencing it will make improve your experience. It will also prevent getting annoyed stares from other members in the audience.
- Research Beforehand: Read the show's synopsis beforehand to understand the performance deeply.
Frequenty Asked Questions About English National Ballet Shows
The show times vary depending on the day and the show. You can find the show times on our ticket pages or on the theatre's official website.
Most of the shows do not have age restrictions. However some shows do have child age restrictions. It's best to check with the theatre before you book your tickets.
Yes. However, occasionally theatres have free entrances for some categories - people above 60, students or kids.
Ticket costs vary depending on the show and the seating location.