One of the most thrilling forms of entertainment that London offers is the circus. Circus shows are a delightful mixture of acrobatics, comedy, music, drama and stunts appealing to all age groups. Right from date nights to family outings, London circus shows are the perfect opportunity to have fun with your loved ones.
What Is a Circus Show?
Circus shows originated in Rome as arenas for a display of chariot races, gladiator fights and animals. In the 18th and 19th centuries, travelling shows featuring acrobats, jugglers, magicians and trained animals toured Europe and America. These evolved into the modern circus we recognise today, usually performed in a circular arena or a tent. Today, the circus also incorporates elements of theatre, dance and technology, innovating the experience. Thus, circus shows are those that combine acrobatics, stunts and other acts with music, acting and a narrative, transforming them into a unique live entertainment experience.
Top 3 Reasons to Watch London Circus Shows
- The Talent at Helm: A circus show is not only a display of strength, balance or agility but also the creativity of acts and masterful storytelling. Prepare to be immersed in the experience!
- One Experience to Rule Them All: Circus show acts are often diverse. One show ticket will allow you to witness acrobatics, dance performances, theatre, music and much more all rolled into one live entertainment extravaganza!
- Perfect for Every Occasion: Many circus shows can be enjoyed with children, friends, dates and even colleagues. So whichever company you’re in, whatever the occasion, prepare to be stunned.
Top London Circus Shows
Where to Get Tickets to London Circus Shows?
West End circus shows often get sold out months in advance. For the best seats and discounts, follow the golden rule: book early, book online. With Headout, you will get the cheapest London circus show tickets and a smooth booking experience. Headout also offers the best prices for last-minute tickets!
What to Wear to a Circus Show?
Dress according to the occasion and the venue. While there are no strict dress codes, wearing clothes that allow for easy movement. Circus shows are also great opportunities to express your personality and style through colourful and playful outfits!
To make the most out of your circus show experience in London, follow these insider tips:
- Book your tickets online in advance for good discounts.
- Arrive early to avoid queues and last-minute hassles and to get seated comfortably.
- Some circus shows may have age restrictions. Read the details of the show before booking a ticket.
- Follow basic etiquette rules such as turning off or silencing your phone and not talking loudly.
- Have fun and make the most of your experience!
Frequently Asked Questions About London Circus Shows
For the best seats and discounts, book your tickets online in advance.
Many circus shows are suitable for children! Read the description or get in touch with the organisers to confirm the age limit.
Ticket prices for London circus shows differ based on shows, venues, dates, and seats. Tickets typically range from £15 to £150 per ticket. With Headout, you can book London circus show tickets at the best discounts!
Thrilling stunts, acrobatics, theatre, dance, comedy are some aspects of London circus shows.
Photography or videography are prohibited at most theatres.
More West End Guides
For more West End information, here are some helpful quick links!