What if you’re offered with a walking tour in one of the most artistic hilltops in Paris? Now, what if this tour is given to you absolutely free? This pinch-me offer is a steal deal and here’s why. The free walking tour Paris takes you to Montmartre, a beautiful hilltop district home to art, French history and nightlife. Your expert guide will also fill you in with stories and secrets from this quirky part of Paris. Know inside-out of the stories that surround the haunted mansions of the district. If you’re in for not digging deep into your pocket, you have all the more reason not to let this one go.
Free Walking Tour Paris- Montmartre
Walking Tour of Montmartre : In A Nutshell
Explore Montmartre of Paris with this exclusive free 1.5-hour English guided tour. The district’s the locality's rich architectural heritage, history and culture that has inspired countless artists, poets and writers over the centuries.
- Walk through cobble-stoned alleyways of Montmartre Hill and climb the steps of Sacré-Coeur Basilica.
- Discover iconic attractions such as the Carrousel, the last windmill in Paris and homes and workshops of famous artists that called Montmartre home.
- Listen to stories about the mythical Passe-Muraille and the Witch of Montmartre.
What is the free walking tour Paris all about? ?
Grab this hot deal of visiting Montmartre, a hillock so pleasing that it inspired world famous artists. Find out about the history of this wonderful province and what makes it the most bohemian and artistic. Uncover the secrets that make it one of the most popular tourist destinations in Paris. Besides, this free walking tour in Paris will let you save a couple of euros. With the experienced and passionate guides who love to show-off their town around, this tour is on par with paid tours.
What is the itinerary for the free walking tour Paris?
Tourists of all age on the Free Walking Tour Paris Montmartre.
- Get to the Sortie Métro Blanche (Metro Blanche Exit), where you will find your guide waiting for you. You can then join the small group and begin your walking tour.
- This exclusive tour starts at the Carrousel - one of the oldest in Paris. Situated at the base of Sacré-Coeur, the carrousel features scenes of Venice on its painted roof.
- After learning about the carrousel and the intriguing history behind its existence, the group will head towards Sacré-Coeur.
- Later, you will be guided to the homes and workshops of the many artists that called Montmartre home. Some of the most notable artists who've lived in Montmartre include Picasso, Van Gogh, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Edgar Degas and Salvador Dalí.
- The tour will also take you to often looked-over parts of Montmartre such as the last windmill in Paris, haunted mansions and castles.
How do I book the free walking tour Paris?
Booking a free tour on Headout is simple. Grab tickets to any of the following experiences below and get an exclusive 'Walking Tour of Montmartre' FREE, worth €21. Check out the experiences with which this free tour comes complementary and grab your ticket. Not to forget, you almost always earn cashbacks on your Headout purchases, hence all the more savings.
When does this tour start and how long does it go on for?
This 1.5 hour English guided tour of Montmartre starts at 2: 30 PM or 3 PM depending on the day you select.
Who runs the free walking tour Paris?
Local guides of Montmartre who love their hometown run this exciting tour. The guides are very knowledgeable about the place and will make every stop interesting for you! Get to walk around the hill station and gel with the hippy people of this town. Crafted for solo travellers and families alike, you will yield a memorable time.
Hell lot of fun! We really enjoyed our walk around the streets of Montmartre. This was an amazing tour for the entire family. Our guide was excellent and he was filled with all kinds of interesting tidbits about how Montmartre came to be. We loved the of restaurants and little pubs in the area. Highly recommend everyone visiting Paris to take this tour.
Which language is this tour in?
The free walking tour Paris is conducted only in English.
Do I need to print out my tickets?
Nope! You can show your mobile voucher to the tour guide and you're good to go.
How many people are allowed on the tour?
Despite being a free tour, they do not allow more than 30 people in one group. Like they say, the more the merrier.
Where does the free walking tour London start?
The tour starts at the Sortie Métro Blanche (Metro Blanche Exit).
Do I have to pay a fine if I don't turn up?
Of course, no! We understand plans change, so just let us know and we'll have the tour guide know about your absence.
Can I book the free walking tour London on the day of the experience?
The tickets are open dated and you can book them on any day you'd like. It does not have to be on the date of the experience you've chosen.
Visiting Paris On A Budget?
Here are a few detailed guides that will help you plan your budget trip to Paris better.