Skip the Line: Versailles Palace & Gardens Guided Tour from Paris
Explore the incredible Palace of Versailles on this tour! Enjoy skip-the-line access into the estate and meander through the Mirror Room, Marie Antoinette's Estate, and the famed gardens and fountains, with the option of seeing Musical Garden and Fountain shows on days when they are running! What better way to see the Chateau?
- With skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles and organized roundtrip by train, we take the hassle out of your Versailles visit so you have to do, is relax and enjoy.
- Take the opportunity to tour the beautiful Palace of Versailles while it is less crowded and appreciate the stunning architecture on this exclusive visit.
- An enthusiastic guide will keep you engrossed and entertained throughout your tour of the palace and its gardens.
- This UNESCO World Heritage site is visited by nearly 3 million people every year.
- Skip-the-line access to both the Palace and Gardens
- Professional tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate
- Groups of 25 people or fewer
- Escorted train travel from central Paris and roundtrip train ticket
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
There is a certain magic that fizzes through the air in the Palace and Gardens of Versailles. Hidden away from the modern world, this majestic European castle on the outskirts of Paris is a perfectly preserved example of the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy. This is Paris life at its most luxurious and just as you imagined it with gold brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds, and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see.
With a maximum of 25 people per group, your tour of Versailles will be intimate, unhurried, and enjoyable. We skip the lines via the pre-booked entrance to Versailles and your guide will lead you from one marvelous room to the next, pointing out where Louis XIV tormented his friends and family with long, boring ceremonies and where it was that Marie Antoinette ate her cake. Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the largest and most beautiful castles in the world with a whopping 700 rooms. Peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1250 fireplaces as you work your way through the highlights of the castle including the King and Queen’s apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, the Hall of Mirrors, and the Salon of Abundance – how many residences can boast one of those? This list of rooms your guide will show you go on and on, each one an entirely different and unique experience from the Peace Room to the Queen’s bedchamber. And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you’ll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling manicured gardens, over 1,800 acres in size.
We suggest choosing a date when either the famous Versailles Fountain Show or Musical Gardens are running (all running days from April to October, except Wednesday Thursday). The ticket to the show will be included in your tour price. The Versailles Fountain Show is a wonderful musical event held in the exclusive groves, designed by André Le Nôtre. Watch fountains explode to the sounds of a cello at the Fountain Show or just be enchanted by the simple beauty of classical music played in beautiful surroundings during the Musical Gardens event. All tours, access, and roundtrip train transfers are included, so all you have to do is enjoy your travel through time on this one-of-a-kind tour developed for you by City Wonders Palace of Versailles experts.
All visitors over the age of 11 will be required to wear a mask in the palace, please make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point or access will be denied. Social distancing rules and preventive measures must be respected in the palace.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- Only Versailles Palace Tour
- Versailles Palace + Musical Gardens
- Versailles Palace + Fountain Show
- The tour is 4 hours long and the departure times varies depending on the option selected
- We recommend that you reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
- Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- The access is free except during Musical Fountains Shows and Musical Gardens.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 5.30pm on 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 21, and 28 July, 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18 and 25 August.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6pm on 30 October.
- The Gardens close exceptionally at 6.30pm on 8 and 9 July.
- Please avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- All visitors over the age of 11 must be required to wear a mask in the palace. Please make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point or your access will be denied.
- Social distancing rules and preventative measures must be respected in the palace.
- This service ends at the Palace of Versailles. You will be provided with a return train to Paris.
Infants aged 0-1yrs go in for free. Children aged 2-14yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- You will receive an email confirmation with your mobile voucher instantly.
- Please display the same on a mobile device along with a valid photo ID to the tour representative at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
The meeting point is outside the metro stop, 'Invalides' on the rue de l'Université, 75007 Paris.
Metro lines 8 or 13 will bring you to the metro stop Invalides.