Les Invalides: Napoleon’s Tomb and the Army museum Tour
Les Invalides is a famous French monument that houses several museums and artifacts pertaining to the military. You can also see Napoleon’s Tomb here along with incredible paintings and more!
- Discover the Hotel Des Invalides, a building complex dedicated to the French Military.
- Visit the grave of the famous French commander, Napoleon Bonaparte.
- See the collection of artifacts at the Military Museum.
- Visit the Dome Church and the cathedral of Saint Louis.
- Local English-speaking guide providing insights through the duration of the tour.
English speaking guide
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
The Hotel des Invalides was founded by Louis XIV to accommodate the veterans and wounded soldiers. Today it hosts one of the largest collections of weapons and armor in the world dating from ancient times to the present day.
Led by a guide, you will discover the history and the architecture of this emblematic and historical place for France. You will see, for example, one of the most beautiful pieces of the 16th-century collection: the armor of François 1er, weighing more than 30 kilos. Your guide will also show you the famous painting of Napoleon by French painter Ingres, which shows Emperor Napoleon 1st in coronation costume on the imperial throne.
Then you will have the opportunity to visit the magnificent Cathedral of Saint-Louis, which was originally the soldiers’ church and is connected directly to the Dome of Invalides. There, under the Dome, you will be able to contemplate the impressive Tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte and the guide will tell you all about the legends surrounding the death of the Emperor in 1821 in Sainte-Hélène.
know before you go
know before you go
The tour is available three times a week at 10:00 AM.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Café de l'Esplanade, 52 rue Fabert, 75007 Paris.
- Your guide will be wearing their guide card with an orange lanyard.
- Address: 52 Rue Fabert, 75007 Paris, France.
- The closest bus stop is Invalides - La Tour Maubourg, which is a 1-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Bus 69 will bring you here.
- The closest train station is La Tour-Maubourg, which is a 1-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Train 8 will bring you here.