Paris Catacombs Entrance Tickets with Audioguide
Head directly to the entrance to enter a mysterious network of tunnels, 20 meters below the streets of Paris. These tickets give you access to bypass the 3-5 hour long ticket lines and directly join much shorter queues.
- The Catacombs of Paris are a grim yet beautiful reminder of the city’s important history
- Explore 2km of underground tunnels that house the remains of over six million Parisians
- Discover over 2,000 years of Parisian history on this incredible tour
- You will have an informative audio guide for company (available in English, French, German, and Spanish)
- Entrance to the Catacombs
- Audio Guide (Optional)
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be amended, canceled or rescheduled
On the day of your experience, take your mobile voucher to the entrance at the Catacombs, scan your ticket and gain entrance to the Catacombs. Once you gain entry, venture 20 meters (65 feet) underground, into one of the city’s most enticing attractions.
After descending 130 steps, you’ll land on a gravel pathway. From here, allow your audio guide to lead you through a one-way, 2km stretch of the mysterious ossuary. Explore the ancient past of Paris as you make your way along a maze of walls lined with skulls and bones. Learn all about how the Catacombs came to be and discover the role they’ve played on the city’s past and present. Hear urban legends, ghost stories, and tales about secret Cataphile parties. At the end of your tour, climb up 83 steps and make your way out of the dark, back to The City of Lights.
know before you go
- A Paris Catacombs audio guide runs for 30 minutes; however, you may stay inside longer if you wish to do so. You will have the ability to pause and resume your audio guide at any point in time
- Generally, visitors spend an average of 45 min - 1 hr inside the Catacombs
- There is only one toilet, located at the exit
Audio Guide Languages
English, French, German, and Spanish
The Catacombs maintain a constant temperature of 14°C (57°F). Be sure to dress warmly or bring a jacket. Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty
Tue to Sun - 10:00 AM to 8:30 PM
All Mondays, 1 Jan, 1 May 1 & December 25
- Children aged 18 and under, disabled and their personal care attendant and job seekers can go for free (carry a valid photo ID).
- Beneficiaries of the following income support supplements: RSA, single parent allowance, personalized autonomy allowance and state social aid for refugees, city of Rome inhabitants (Paris twin City), city of Paris employees and councilors in activity or retired, professional visual artists with written evidence can go for free upon presenting a valid photo ID.
- Additionally, Art World professionals: International Association of Art Critics, museum guides, French and foreign curators, « la commission du Vieux Paris », ICOM and ICOMOS members, journalists, art press reporters, and federations can also go for free upon presenting a valid photo ID.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at - Place Denfert Rochereau, outside the entrance to the Catacombs
- Address: 1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris, France
- To locate the redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Place Denfert Rochereau
- To arrive at the Catacombs by Metro please take Line 4 or Line 6 to the Denfert-Rochereau metro stop
- Exit using "Sortie 1" the entrance to the catacombs can be found directly across the street from this exit
You must enter the Catacombs at the time slot you have booked