Dedicated Entrance to Orsay Museum
These dedicated entrance tickets to the Orsay Museum offer the perfect way to discover the works of the greatest painters of the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist era. Acquaint yourself with the best works of art from the 19th century. The museum also houses many stunning photographs, sculptures, and decorative arts dating from the mid-19th century to the early 20th century.
- Gain entry to the Orsay Museum, one of Paris' most popular art galleries that house world-famous works.
- Swoon over masterpieces by Manet, Monet, Van Gogh, and Pissarro, to name but a few.
- Learn about the history of the Museum which was installed in the former Orsay Station - a building which is a work of art in itself.
- In addition to being home to the largest collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art, the museum also houses a vast collection of stone and bronze sculptures that were commissioned by the wealthy in the 19th century.
- Orsay Museum tickets
- Access to permanent collections
- Access to temporary exhibitions
- Official Audioguide
These tickets can't be cancelled. However, you can use them any time until 12 Jan, 2023.
These tickets are valid until 12 Jan, 2023.
what to expect
Established in 1986, the Orsay Museum is one of the newest museums in Paris but also one of the most important. It is an institution that houses paintings from one of the most influential periods of French Art - the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist eras of the late 19th Century.
At the Orsay Museum, you will not only see famous paintings but also have the chance to catch sweeping views of Paris from its top floor. The Orsay Museum is situated at the heart of Paris, right next to the Seine and is located opposite the famous Tuileries Gardens. Once you walk into the building, you will be in the company of some of the greatest French artists and their works. You will be able to admire masterpieces from artists such as Paul Cezanne, Frederic Bazille, Edgar Degas, Edouard Manet, Claude Monet, Auguste Renoir and Alfred Sisley.
Once inside, you are free to explore the museum as you like. The exhibitions are arranged in a chronological manner, with early 19th century sculptures and classical paintings on the ground floor, leading up to the Impressionist paintings on the second and top floor. Most of the highlights of the Orsay Museum are on the top floor.
Bal du Moulin de la Galette, Pierre-Auguste Renoir | Dinner at the Ball, Edgar Degas | Luncheon on the Grass, Edouard Manet | Starry Night, Vincent van Gogh | Bazille’s Studio, Frederic Bazille | The Cardplayers, Paul Cézanne | The Circus, Georges Seurat
This ticket is for entry into the permanent collections, and for temporary exhibitions, subject to availability. Following are the current temporary exhibitions:
8 Feb 2022 - 8 May 2022: Masterpieces from the Frick Collection: Portraits and Landscapes of Whistler
For the first time in more than the century, the large collections of American painter James Abbott McNeill Whistler will leave New York to be presented at the Orsay Museum.
12 Apr 2022 - 17 July 2022: Gaudí
Dive into the creative process of the master architect and designer Antoni Gaudí, known for his unconventional architectural style.
12 Apr 2022 - 21 Aug 2022: Aristide Maillol (1861-1944). The quest for harmony
Check out some of the most notable works of the French sculptor, including the the first Mediterranean produced for its patron (1905, Oskar Reinhart Foundation, Winterthur).
know before you go
- Cloakrooms are available free of charge for visitors to drop off their coats, small luggage, and other items subject to a compulsory deposit.
- Cabin-size baggage (56x45x25 cm) is allowed, but valuables are not accepted.
- Some works in the museum are currently not visible. The mini-guide (nonofficial) indicates the rooms are closed for renovation. Click here to download the mini guide.
- Please note that entry is free on the first Sunday of every month.
- Tue to Sun: 9.30am to 6pm
- Note: Entry is free on the first Sunday of every month
- Closed: every Monday, May 1st and Dec 25th.
- Temporary Collections: The last admission at 5:15pm and rooms are closed at 5:30pm
- Late Opening on Thursday until 9:45 pm. Last access to the museum and exhibitions at 9 pm. and rooms are closed at 9:30pm.
- You will receive an email with your Orsay Museum tickets shortly. You need not take a printout.
- Please download and display the ticket on a mobile device on the day of the experience at the redemption point.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can display the voucher on your mobile device directly at: Gate A of the Orsay Museum.
- Address: 1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur, 75007 Paris, France.
- The closest railway station to Orsay Museum is Gare Musée d'Orsay.
- RER C is a direct train to this station, which is a 1-minute walk to the Orsay Museum.
- The closest bus stop is Henry de Montherlant, a 3-min walk to the museum.
- Buses #68, #69, #87, and N01 will get you there.
ratings & reviews
- People below 18 years of age may enter for free.
- Free entry on the first Sunday of each month.