Nestled in the charming South Hampstead neighborhood within the London Borough of Camden, you'll find the Hampstead Theatre. This hidden gem of the Off West End theatre scene has been cultivating creativity since its inception in 1959, originally housed in Moreland Hall, Hampstead Village, before settling into its current home.
What sets this theatre apart is its unwavering commitment to fostering fresh talent and original works without stifling artistic expression. Over the years, it's been a stage graced by remarkable performers like Jude Law, Alan Rickman, Rowan Atkinson, and Felicity Kendal. Join us on a journey through this vibrant London theatre's rich history and exciting present.
Address: Eton Ave, London NW3 3EU, United Kingdom
Seating Capacity: 405
Seating Chart: Check out the Hampstead Theatre Seating Plan.
Hampstead Theatre is committed to accessibility, ensuring a welcoming experience for all. The ground-level entrance features push button-controlled doors, and an elevator with audio announcements, Braille lettering. Various accessibility features serves all areas, including the auditorium and studio theatre. Flat, level-access seats are available in both venues, alongside wheelchair-accessible spaces. Companion tickets are offered adjacent to accessible seats, and accessible toilets are conveniently located on all levels.
Cafe Bar: At the theatre, you'll find a cozy cafe bar offering a delightful menu of sandwiches, sausage rolls, wines, various beverages, savory snacks, sweets, and ice cream to satisfy your cravings.
Washrooms: Restrooms are conveniently situated on every level of the theatre for your convenience.
Cloakroom: You'll also have access to a cloakroom where you can securely store your belongings.
Discounts: The theatre offers discounts to students, patrons under 30, access guests, senior citizens, and groups, making it more accessible to a diverse range of audiences.
- Book your tickets in advance online to avoid sell-outs.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before the show; latecomers may not be admitted.
- Refrain from photography, videography, or audio recording.
- Enjoy concession tickets at £10 for patrons under 30.
- Note that outside food and drinks are not permitted inside the theatre.
Tube: Use Jubilee Line Exit 2 at Swiss Cottage Station for a quick one-minute walk to the theatre.
Bus: Catch C11, 13, 31, 46, 113, 187, or 268 to Swiss Cottage (Stop D). A 3-minute walk takes you to the theatre.
Restaurants Near Hampstead Theatre
1. Hampstead Theatre Cafe Bar: Satisfy your cravings with a selection of delicious sandwiches, sausage rolls, and other savory snacks. Complement your meal with a variety of wines, sweets, and ice cream, all within the comfort of the theatre.
2. Bradleys: Experience contemporary European cuisine crafted from fresh, locally-sourced ingredients in this stylish restaurant.
3. Pasticcio London: Delight in farm-to-fork Italian fare, including breakfast options and a fine selection of wines, at this charming restaurant.
4. Green Cottage: Savor delectable Chinese cuisine featuring soups, noodles, and succulent roast duck at this inviting establishment.
5. ZZANG: Dive into a traditional Korean culinary adventure with a menu offering rice bowls, BBQ delights, and crispy fried chicken.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hampstead Theatre
Where is Hampstead Theatre located?
What is the seating capacity of Hampstead Theatre?
Does Hampstead Theatre have accessible seating?
What are the facilities available at Hampstead Theatre?
Which is the nearest tube station to Hampstead Theatre?
More West End Guides
For more West End information, here are some helpful quick links!