The Churchill Theatre, named after the former Prime Minister Winston Churchill, has been a hub of live entertainment since its opening on July 19, 1977, in the presence of the Prince of Wales. Nestled in the heart of Bromley, Southeast London, its impressive repertoire of musicals, drama, comedy, dance, family shows, one-night events and pantomimes, has captured the hearts of art enthusiasts far and wide. What sets it apart is the tradition of hosting 'Bromley Premiere' shows, offering audiences a sneak peek into new productions before they feature on National or West End tours.
Designed and constructed by the London Borough of Bromley, the Churchill Theatre boasts a remarkable architectural charm reminiscent of European opera houses. Its hillside location provides picturesque views and cunningly conceals its true size. The auditorium is complete with air-conditioning, bars, refreshment kiosks, and spacious foyers and it also has a multi-use studio space accommodating up to 100 people.
Address: High St, Bromley BR1 1HA, United Kingdom
Seating Capacity: 781
Seating Chart: Check out the Churchill Theatre Seating Plan.
For accessibility, a lift connects the Terrace to Stalls, level with Row F, with one shallow step per Stalls row. In the Circle, there is step-free access from the Circle Foyer to Row HH. An access lifting platform connects the Circle Foyer to the Terrace. In the Circle, there are four deep steps per row (excluding Row HH).
Limited wheelchair spaces are available in both the Stalls and Circle sections. In the Stalls, there's a wheelchair space at the end of Row F, seat 36, suitable for smaller wheelchairs, with a companion seat. Aisle seats at the end of Rows E, seat 33, and G, seat 40, are suitable for visitors transferring from a wheelchair or requiring easy access. Wheelchair spaces are also available in Circle seats HH 1-5 and HH seat 15.
Restrooms: You can find restrooms for both men and women, gender-neutral options, and accessible facilities within the theater.
Guided Tour: Experience a fascinating guided tour of Churchill Theatre, uncovering backstage secrets and 40 years of history. You can also savour afternoon tea and snacks during the tour.
Pre-Order Drinks: Use the Churchill Theatre App to pre-order your beverages and snacks.
Restaurant: Relish in a complete pre-show dining experience with food and drinks served right at your theater seats. Don't miss out on value-packed entertainment-based dining events.
Bars: Enjoy the two bars in the Foyer and Stalls, offering a variety of wines, spirits, beers, and treats like ice cream, soft drinks, sweets, nuts, and crisps.
Guide Dogs: Churchill Theatre welcomes guide dogs in the theatre.
Creative Learning Classes: Explore weekly classes and workshops covering dance, drama, standup comedy, music, singing, and more for all age groups.
- Book your tickets online well in advance to secure your seats.
- Arrive at the theatre at least 30 minutes before the show starts.
- No photography, videography, or audio recording is permitted inside the theatre.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside the theatre.
- The bar opens 1.5 hours before the performance; arrive early to enjoy refreshments.
- Latecomers can purchase tickets at the counter within the first 15 minutes after the show begins.
- Reduced-price tickets are available for students, guests over 60, children under 16, and the unwaged.
- Children under four are admitted only to family shows and anyone under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 18 months can enter for free, if on a guardian's lap during family shows.
Bus: By Bus: Board buses 61, 119, 138, 146, 246, 352, 367, N3, or 126, and to Bromley Town Centre (Stop P) and the theatre is a 5 minute walk away.
Train: Take a train to Bromley North or Bromley South and the theatre is a 6-10 minute walk away.
Restaurants Near Churchill Theatre
1. SMOQUE Bromley: Indulge in diverse flavors at SMOQUE Bromley, offering small plates, charcoal-grilled delights, and classic pub dishes. Plus, don't miss their inviting bar.
2. Papayaya: Delve into authentic Southeast Asian street food at Papayaya, sourcing ingredients from Malaysia, Thailand, and beyond. Pair your meal with fine wines or Asian beer for a delightful experience.
3. Etna - Proudly Sicilian - Restaurant: Etna's Italian charm shines with delectable seafood, pizza, pasta, meats, and desserts.
4. Havet Restaurant: Experience contemporary Turkish Cypriot cuisine at Havet, featuring hot and cold meze and chargrilled delights.
5. Cow & Pig Bromley: Enjoy traditional British fare at Cow & Pig Bromley, set in a chic, rustic ambiance. Complement your meal with their selection of fine wines and classic cocktails.
Frequently Asked Questions About Churchill Theatre
Where is Churchill Theatre located?
What is the seating capacity of Churchill Theatre?
Does Churchill Theatre have accessible seating?
What are the facilities available at Churchill Theatre?
Which is the nearest train station to Churchill Theatre?
More West End Guides
For more West End information, here are some helpful quick links!