Usually a city that dazzles with its modern architecture, vibrant culture, and endless attractions, the Dubai Crocodile Park, is a bit of a change and a must-visit for adventure seekers and wildlife enthusiasts. Or if you have kids who love David Attenborough! If you’re still wondering if it’s worth it, then here’s everything you need to know - from ticket options and hotels nearby - about visiting the Dubai Crocodile Park. It’s worth it, you’ll see. After all, this park is home to over 250 Nile crocodiles!
Dubai Crocodile Park in a Nutshell
|⏰ Suggested Duration:||2-3 hours|
|☀️ Best Time to Visit:||Morning or late afternoon|
|🚇 Closest Metro||Satwa Metro Station|
African Lake Aquarium
Crocodile feeding sessions
The Crocodile Museum
Things to know
Home to 250 crocodiles
Architectural style: Arab Fort
Opening Hours And Address
Crocodile Park is open from 10 AM to 10 PM every day of the week.
Address: The Dubai Crocodile Park, Mushrif Park, Ali Village, Dubai.
Why is Crocodile Park Worth Visiting?
- Interactive Shows: The new crocodile feeding show is a popular attraction at the park. Visitors can watch the crocodiles being fed by the park's staff. The show is educational and entertaining, and it is sure to be a hit with visitors of all ages.
- Kids Corner: The new children's playground is a great place for kids to let off some steam. The playground features a variety of slides, swings, and climbing structures. There is also a sand pit and a water feature.
- Crocodile Museum: Immerse yourself in the world of crocodiles through informative exhibits and displays that provide insights into their biology and conservation efforts.
- Educational Experiences: Learn fascinating facts about crocodiles and their habitats, contributing to a deeper understanding of these incredible reptiles.
Crocodile Park Recommended Tickets
Crocodile Park History
The Dubai Crocodile Park was founded in 1999 by Tarryn Clare, a South African woman who had a passion for crocodiles. Home to over 250 Nile crocodiles, as well as a variety of other reptiles and amphibians, this was a hit with the families and kids. The park has also been featured in a number of documentaries and television shows, including National Geographic's "Crocodile Hunter" and the BBC's "Planet Earth."
In 2016, the park underwent a major renovation, which included the construction of a new crocodile breeding center. The breeding center is home to a number of rare and endangered species of crocodiles, and it is one of the most important breeding centers in the world. Again in 2021, the park closed for renovations, and reopened on April 18, 2023. The park has been completely redesigned and updated, and it now features a number of new attractions and features, including a new crocodile breeding center, a croc feeding show, a kiddies play area, a learning centre, restaurant and gift shop too!
Crocodile Park Architecture
Inspired by traditional Arab fortresses, you're greeted by two towers that flank the way in. The interior of the park is divided into a variety of courtyards, and the buildings are made of traditional materials like mudbrick and palm fronds. It’s almost like you’re stepping into Jurassic Park or into an Indiana Jones film! Bring on the adventure.
The park's architecture is also designed to be sustainable, with locally-sourced and environment-friendly building materials. Plus, a number of features that are designed to conserve water and energy, like solar panels and water-saving fixtures.
You’ll also find a large lake in the centre of the Dubai Crocodile Park. The lake is home to a variety of fish and other aquatic animals, and it's a popular spot for visitors to relax and enjoy the scenery. The lake is also used for a variety of activities, like feeding the fish and kayaking.
Highlights of Crocodile Park
1See the crocodiles
The park is home to over 250 Nile crocodiles, as well as a variety of other reptiles and amphibians. You can learn about the different types of crocodiles, as well as their natural habitats.
2Watch the feeding show
The park offers a variety of feeding schedules for the crocodiles. You can watch the crocodiles being fed, and learn about their diet and feeding habits.
3 See the live shows
The park offers a variety of live shows, including a crocodile show and a snake show. The shows are a great way to learn about these amazing creatures, and they're sure to be a hit with visitors of all ages.
4Visit the gift shop
The park has a gift shop where you can purchase souvenirs, including t-shirts, hats, and stuffed animals.
5Relax by the lake
The lake is home to a variety of fish and other aquatic animals, and it's a popular spot for visitors to relax and enjoy the scenery. The lake is also used for a variety of activities, like feeding the fish and kayaking.
Exploring Crocodile Park: What to Know
Day Trips from Crocodile Park:
- Dubai Marina: Explore the iconic Dubai Marina, indulge in waterfront dining, and take a relaxing boat ride.
- Palm Jumeirah: Visit the man-made palm-shaped island and enjoy luxurious resorts, beach clubs, and water sports.
- The Walk at JBR: Stroll along the vibrant promenade lined with shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
Entrances to Crocodile Park:
- Main Entrance: Access the park through the main entrance, conveniently located near the parking area.
- Crocodile Park offers guided tours led by knowledgeable experts who provide detailed information and insights into the park's inhabitants and conservation efforts.
- Audio Guides: Enhance your visit with audio guides available in multiple languages, offering a wealth of information as you explore the park.
Best Time to Visit Crocodile Park
The best time to visit Crocodile Park is during the cooler months, from October to April. The weather is pleasant, allowing you to enjoy the outdoor exhibits comfortably. To avoid the crowds, plan your visit during weekdays and arrive early in the morning when the park opens. This ensures a more serene and immersive experience with the fascinating crocodiles.
Checkout best time to visit Dubai to plan your trip!
Crocodile Park Opening Hours
- General Timings: Crocodile Park is open from 10 AM to 10 PM, daily.
- Last Admission: The last entry to the park is at 9 PM.
- Closed: Crocodile Park remains open throughout the year, including public holidays.
- By Bus: The bus is the most affordable way to get to the Dubai Crocodile Park. The bus fare is AED 2 for a single journey. Buses run every 15 minutes during peak hours and every 30 minutes during off-peak hours.
- By Train: The train is a more convenient way to get to the Dubai Crocodile Park. The train ride from Ibn Battuta to Crocodile Park takes about 10 minutes. The train fare is AED 5 for a single journey.
- By Tram: The tram is the most scenic way to get to the Dubai Crocodile Park. The tram ride from Ibn Battuta to Crocodile Park takes about 15 minutes. The tram fare is AED 4 for a single journey.
- By Taxi: Taxis are readily available in Dubai, and you can simply tell the driver that you want to go to the Crocodile Park. The ride should take around 30 minutes, depending on the traffic.
- By Ride-Sharing Service: Ride-sharing services like Uber and Careem are also available in Dubai. The ride should take around 30 minutes, depending on the traffic.
- By Car: If you are driving, you can take Sheikh Zayed Road to Al Khail Road. The park is located on the left side of the road, just before the Dubai Safari Park.
Insider Tips to Visiting Crocodile Park
- Arrive Early. Beat the crowds and enjoy a more peaceful experience by arriving early in the morning.
- Wear comfortable shoes and lightweight clothing to navigate the park comfortably, especially during warmer months.
- Don't miss the adrenaline-pumping crocodile feeding sessions to witness these incredible creatures in action.
- Visit during the cooler months. The Dubai Crocodile Park is located in a desert climate, so the weather can be very hot and humid, especially during the summer months. If you want to avoid the heat, it is best to visit during the cooler months, such as November to February.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking around the park, so it is important to wear comfortable shoes. Avoid wearing sandals or flip-flops, as they can be slippery on wet surfaces.
- Bring a hat and sunscreen. Even if you are visiting during the cooler months, it is still important to protect yourself from the sun. Bring a hat and sunscreen to protect your skin and eyes.
- Take your time. There is a lot to see and do at the Dubai Crocodile Park, so don't try to rush through it. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
- Be respectful of the crocodiles. The crocodiles at the Dubai Crocodile Park are wild animals, so it is important to be respectful of them. Do not feed them, touch them, or try to get too close to them.
The Crocodile Park Restaurant is located inside the park and offers a variety of food options, including burgers, pizzas, and salads. The restaurant also has a view of the crocodile enclosure.
The Terrace Restaurant is located on the top floor of the park and offers a panoramic view of the park and the surrounding area. The restaurant serves a variety of international cuisine, including Italian, French, and Indian food.
The Aquarium Restaurant is located inside the park and offers a unique dining experience. The restaurant is surrounded by an aquarium, and guests can watch the fish swim by while they eat. The restaurant serves a variety of seafood dishes, as well as other international cuisine.
Hardee's is a popular American fast food restaurant that offers a variety of burgers, sandwiches, and salads. The restaurant is located about 10 minutes from the Dubai Crocodile Park.
Oregano Restaurants Mirdiff is a popular Italian restaurant that offers a variety of pasta dishes, pizzas, and salads. The restaurant is located about 15 minutes from the Dubai Crocodile Park.
Things to Do around Dubai Crocodile Park
Visit Dubai Marina, a bustling waterfront destination offering upscale shopping, fine dining, and thrilling boat tours.
Distance from Dubai Crocodile Park: 15 km
Explore the famous man-made island, Palm Jumeirah, home to luxurious resorts, beach clubs, and the iconic Atlantis The Palm.
Distance from Dubai Crocodile Park: 18 km
Take a leisurely stroll along The Walk at JBR, a vibrant promenade lined with shops, restaurants, and street performers.
Distance from Dubai Crocodile Park: 15 km
Experience one of the world's largest shopping malls, featuring an extensive range of retail outlets, entertainment options, and the iconic Dubai Aquarium.
Distance from Dubai Crocodile Park: 28 km
Marvel at the breathtaking views from the world's tallest building, Burj Khalifa, and visit the observation decks for a panoramic cityscape.
Distance from Dubai Crocodile Park: 28 km
Discover cultures from around the world at Global Village, an immersive cultural and entertainment destination offering shopping, live performances, and international cuisine.
Distance from Dubai Crocodile Park: 30 km
Hotels around Casa Amatller
Dubai Crocodile Park is a zoo located in Mushrif Park, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is home to over 250 Nile crocodiles, as well as a variety of other reptiles and animals. The park was opened in 2023 and is a popular tourist destination.
Visitors to Dubai Crocodile Park can see a variety of crocodiles, including Nile crocodiles, saltwater crocodiles, and mugger crocodiles. The park also has a variety of other reptiles, including snakes, lizards, and turtles. In addition, the park has a petting zoo, a museum, and a restaurant.
Yes, Crocodile Park is suitable for children, offering interactive shows and educational experiences that are both entertaining and informative.
Yes, for safety reasons, there are age restrictions for certain activities involving crocodiles. Please check with the park staff for specific guidelines.
Dubai Crocodile Park is wheelchair accessible. There are ramps and elevators throughout the park.
Yes, photography is allowed inside the park. Capture incredible moments with the crocodiles, but remember to follow any guidelines provided by the park staff.
Yes, there is ample parking available near the park. Follow the designated parking areas and ensure you adhere to any parking regulations.
There are a few rules that visitors must follow when visiting Dubai Crocodile Park. These rules include:
* No feeding the animals
* No smoking or vaping
* No running or playing in the park
* No taking photos or videos of the animals without permission
The crocodiles are fed twice a day, at 10am and 4pm.
No, it is not possible to interact with the crocodiles. They are dangerous animals and should be kept at a safe distance.
The most popular activities at Dubai Crocodile Park are the feeding shows, the educational talks, and the petting zoo.