Think Dubai and what immediately comes to mind are superlatives: tallest, largest, biggest, longest, fastest, and the like. Also, Dubai happens to be a business hub, party-destination, a shopper’s paradise, a tourist haven, and the place-to-be for connoisseurs. In short, it is everything a tourist would want, rolled into one.
What’s so great about Dubai is its rapid development in such a short period (just a few decades). From a sheer desert region to a bustling cosmopolitan city, Dubai’s transition was quick and remarkable. It keeps astonishing both its residents and tourists with attractions, tours, and experiences that no other city in the world can offer. This is also one of the reasons why tourists love flocking to the ‘City of Gold’. New projects are not at all a surprise in Dubai and the constant endeavor to remain one of the top tourist spots in the world is worth every bit of appreciation that the city receives.
The Palm Jumeirah is one of the key spots that everyone touring Dubai loves paying a visit to. Let’s discuss in detail, one of the most exciting attractions which is due to open soon at the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai.
The View at The Palm Jumeirah Dubai | The Palm Tower
The View at the Palm will be the world’s most premiem observation deck, towering 240 meters above Palm Jumeirah on the 52nd floor of the Palm Tower. It aspires to give visitors a world-class experience that educates and inspires, in addition to celebrating the mind-blowing achievements behind the creation of the Palm Jumeirah. It will be the only viewing point in Dubai that gives visitors a spectacular view of the Palm Jumeirah, the Arabian Gulf and the Dubai skyline; all at once. The View at the Palm is scheduled for an opening on 7 April, 2021.
Your experience will start at the roof of Nakheel Mall. From there, you will head to an elevator equipped with a floor-to-ceiling digital sea, sand, and sky experience, which will take you to the on the three-minute ride to the observatory on the 52nd floor of Palm Tower. From here, you will be able to get 360-degree views of the surrouding area and the sea.
The Palm Tower Dubai
The Palm Tower is a massive 52-floor hotel and residential complex on the Palm Jumeirah, located next to Nakheel Mall, which will open on March 18, 2021. Residents and visitors of the tower enjoy direct access to the mall apart from the island’s exotic beach clubs, including Nakheel’s Club Vista Mare and Palm West Beach projects. The highlights are listed below:
- Mixed-use building spanning 52 stories, the first of its kind in the Palm Jumeirah.
- 432 luxury residences along with a 290-room five-star hotel featuring splendid choices in dining and leisure facilities including a restaurant, an infinity pool, and a viewing deck (a.k.a The View).
- St. Regis Dubai - The Palm, a luxury hotel, will take up the first 18 floors of the building. The hotel is expected to open to the public on May 1, 2021.
- The Palm Tower residences comprise fully-furnished apartments (studios to 3 BHKs) with unmatched views of Palm Jumeirah, the Dubai skyline, and the Arabian Gulf.
The View at The Palm Jumeirah Dubai Highlights
- The Only Panoramic View: The View boasts the unique vantage point from where one can see the Palm Jumeirah in its entirety. Also, one will be able to see the complete Dubai skyline in a single view from the observation deck.
- A High-Value Experience: The View offers an enriching experience that is sure to exceed the expectations of visitors while staying within strictly affordable price limits. As such, it hopes to become a great value-for-money experience.
- Smart Edu-tainment: The Palm Jumeirah is in itself a marvelous architectural feat. When you visit The View, you’ll get to learn various stories on the technicalities of this engineering wonder that touch upon all senses.
- Exclusive Events: The observation deck will function both as an attraction as well as a space for private events owing to its flexible space. One can host private birthday parties, conferences, corporate and community events, and even fashion shows based on requirements.
- Extreme Thrills: One of the major attractions while visiting The View would be the Palm Jumeirah zip-line, touted to be the longest in Dubai when completed. Yes, it would literally amount to flying over the Palm Jumeirah offering the best views.
The View at The Palm Tower - Exhibits
Aside from the Observatory, The View will also expect to comprise a courtyard for visitors to roam about, a cafe offering delicious treats, fully immersive portals, and theatrical experiences, along with an array of interesting exhibits. Here are the available details on the five exhibits that we expect to see at The View:
1. Building The Reef
Sustainability was the central aspect that the ruler of Dubai was keen on, even while building new artificial reefs to shift the underwater environment. Also, existing reefs were moved from the path of a shipping channel to the tranquil waters surrounding the Palm Jumeirah.
2. Wonder Of The Universe
Palm Jumeirah has undoubtedly changed the landscape of the Dubai coastline and also, its economy. You’d be surprised to learn that the Palm Jumeirah can be viewed alongside other wonders of the world such as the Pyramids, the Berlin Wall, and the Great Wall of China.
3. Shaping The Palm Jumeirah
With the help of cutting edge GIS technology, the island was shaped to look like a palm tree. A super-powered satellite, positioned 676 km away in space, oversaw the directions of rainbowing boats that assured the accuracy of shape.
4. Solidifying The Foundation
When the idea is to create an artificial island, there are pertinent risks involved in the form of earthquakes which might result in complete sinking. To counter this danger, sand compacting technology was employed to stabilize the surface and make it ready for construction purposes.
5. Protecting The Palm Jumeirah
This exhibit covers the enormous efforts put in by engineers in performing hard-to-execute calculations and coming to effective conclusions regarding storm strength, tidal surges, wave elevation, and rising sea levels while designing a defensive breakwater.
The process of creating the island also involved dredging a large amount of sand off the ocean floor and spraying it into place.
The View at the Palm is set to open in late November or early December of 2021. In the meantime, you can check out the iconic landmark of Dubai - The Burj Khalifa, in case you haven't already.
The Viewing Deck & Other Experiences
The Viewing Deck offers immense photo-ops along with unbeatable views of the Palm Jumeirah and the Dubai skyline. There is a movable glass partition that separates the indoors from the outdoors. Additionally, a VIP lounge which functions as a comfortable event/private space, with five-star hospitality, snacks and refreshments, speedy services, and a green room facility. Head to Nakheel Mall next door if you’re in the mood for retail therapy.
The View at The Palm Tower - Timings
The exact opening hours of the The View at the Palm Tower Dubai will be disclosed closer to the date of opening.
The View at The Palm Tower - Location
- The Palm Tower is directly connected to Nakheel Mall.
- The tower is just a couple of minutes away from Palm Jumeirah beaches and marinas.
- Located just 5-7 minutes from Sheikh Zayed Road, the Palm Tower is positioned 35 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and the Expo 2020 site.
- It lies sufficiently close to Dubai's key business districts and leisure attractions.
The ideal way to get to The Palm Tower presently would be a self-driven vehicle or a taxi. There are no direct bus routes available to this area. While the Palm Monorail is not directly connected to the Dubai Metro, the Dubai Tram can help you connect to it via the Jumeirah Lakes Towers or Dubai Marina tram stations. The Palm Monorail is expected to have stations at Nakheel Mall as well as The Pointe when their construction is complete and they’re opened to the public.
About Nakheel Mall
The upcoming centerpiece of the world-famous Palm Jumeirah, Nakheel Mall has been inspired by the concept of luxury and looks set to become Dubai’s most elite lifestyle dining, shopping, and entertainment destination. The following are the mall’s highlights:
- 4.5 million sq. ft. retail, dining, and entertainment destination in the heart of Palm Jumeirah.
- Five levels of retail space with 350 shops, eateries, and leisure attractions.
- Roof plaza with a fine-dining option offering dazzling views of Palm Jumeirah, Arabian Gulf, and the Dubai skyline.
- Three underground parking levels, with nearly 4,000 parking spaces.
- Situated next to The Palm Tower and accessible via The Palm Monorail and reasonably close to the Dubai Tram and Dubai Metro.
Other Upcoming Projects at Palm Jumeirah
Another soon-to-be stellar retail and entertainment hotspot at the tip of the Palm Jumeirah, The Pointe will position itself just across the bay from Atlantis The Palm. The highlights of The Pointe are given below:
- 1.4 million sq. ft. waterfront retail, dining, and entertainment complex at a superb location.
- The waterfront venue will showcase spectacular fountain shows, a charming promenade and a large variety of options when it comes to shopping, dining, and socializing.
- A 1.5 km promenade featuring over 100 restaurants and retail outlets for an excellent seafront dining and shopping experience.
- A 1,600 space car-park to support the influx of visitors.
- The Pointe will be accessible via The Palm Monorail which is connected via Dubai Tram and Dubai Metro stations.
FAQS View at the Palm Tower
Is Palm Jumeirah open 24*7?
Yes, the Palm Jumeirah island can be accessed 24 hours, all through the week. The timing of the various nightclubs, restaurants, and retail shops may vary.
How do you get around the Palm islands?
The Palm Monorail connects Dubai's mainland with the Palm Jumeirah Island station. It's the perfect way to travel around the Palm islands and soak in aerial views of the man made island.
How long is the Palm Boardwalk?
The Palm Boardwalk is 11Km long and is loaded with several dozen food trucks, refreshment stands and souvenir vendors.
When is The View at the Palm Dubai opening?
The View at the Palm Dubai is expected to open in 2021. The exact dates are yet to be announced.
How long does it take to visit the Palm Jumeirah?
The Palm Jumeirah is massive island and it would take a minimum of 3 days to explore all the attractions it has to offer.
What is Palm Jumeirah famous for?
Palm Jumeirah is the world's largest man-made island, an entertainment destination in itself. It is home to the exotic Atlantis Hotel, The Lost Chambers Aquarium where you can swim with dolphins, a host of exciting water sports, a clean serene beach, a 100+ restaurants and bars, lavish spas and now the latest - The View at the Palm Jumeirah.
Explore Top Dubai Attractions
If you have ample time at your disposal, you can explore Dubai attractions on your vacation and make the most of your trip. Here’s everything you can explore on your next visit to Dubai! From Burj Khalifa to IMG Worlds of Adventure, we’ve got tickets for everything covered at heavily discounted rates.
To explore top things to do in Dubai, click here.