Adventure in Dubai
Popular Things to Do
Sort By: Our Recommendations
Kidzania Dubai TicketsKidzania Dubai Tickets
AED 80AED 70
Save up to 12%
Ski Dubai TicketsSki Dubai Snow Classic Pass: Unlimited Access to Snow Park
Ski Dubai TicketsSki Dubai: Snow Plus Pass
Ski Dubai TicketsSki Dubai - 2-Hour Slope Session
Dubai Desert Safari ToursArabian Dune Desert Safari with Sandboarding, Camel Ride & BBQ Dinner
AED 230AED 163.56
Save up to 28%
Browse By Themes
Tickets :Theme ParksMuseumsZoos & AquariumParksWater ParksLandmarksCity PassesTours :Walking ToursHop-On Hop-Off ToursCity ToursPrivate ToursMulti-Day ToursTransportation :Airport TransfersCar RentalsAttraction TransfersPublic TransportTravel Services :Wifi & SIM CardsCruises :Sightseeing CruisesDinner CruisesLunch CruisesEvening CruisesFood & Drink :Dining ExperiencesFood ToursFood PassesDay Trips :Nature EscapesAdventureEntertainment :MusicalsPlaysOperaConcertsComedy ShowsSportsBalletsAdventure :SkydivingZipliningIndoor AdventureOutdoor ActivitiesDesert SafariAerial Sightseeing :Helicopter ToursAirplane ToursWater Sports :Scuba DivingJet SkiingKayakingBoat RentalsSpeed Boat ToursYacht ToursNature & Wildlife :CampingWellness :SpaFitness PassesClasses :Fitness ClassesSpecials :Digital ExperiencesCombosComing Soon
What are the top adventure activities in Dubai?
Located along the Persian Gulf, Dubai offers a stunning desert landscape and many adventurous things to do for every visitor. From dune bashing to deep-sea fishing, there is no shortage of adventure in Dubai. If you are looking for some hair-raising experiences, here’s a summary of our Dubai guide on outdoor adventure:
- Ziplining: One of the top adventure sports in Dubai is ziplining. The city is home to both the longest zipline as well as the longest urban zipline.
- Skydiving: Cross skydiving off your bucket list in Dubai! Freefall out of a plane from a height of 4000 m/13,000 ft and enjoy the sights below.
- Indoor adventures: Indoor adventures in Dubai are a great way to escape the heat and humidity outside. Some of the indoor activities that you can experience are Ski Dubai, Dubai Ice Rink, iFly Dubai, Clymb Abu Dhabi, and more.
- Outdoor adventures: Outdoor adventures in Dubai are a great way to explore the city and its surroundings. The most popular ones are Adventura Park, Topgolf Dubai, Bear Grylls Explorer Camps, hot air ballooning, and more.
- Desert Safari: A desert safari is a great way to experience the desert. There are many different desert safari tours and sports such as sandboarding, Desert quad biking in Dubai, camel rides, dune bashing, and more.
- Water sports: Located right next to the Persian Gulf, Dubai is a great place also to enjoy water sports. The different water sports you can experience in Dubai are scuba diving, jet-skiing, kayaking, yacht tours, speed boat tours, shark feeding, and more.
Which are the best outdoor activities in Dubai?
Dubai is home to a wide variety of outdoor adventure sports. Here are our top recommendations for outdoor activities in Dubai:
- Skydiving in Dubai: Skydiving in Dubai is a great way to get an adrenaline rush. There are two different drop zones to choose from—Desert Campus Drop Zone and Palm Drop Zone, so you can choose one based on what views you want to admire from up above. The views from up high are also incredible. You can see the city skyline, the desert, and the ocean all in one place.
- Dubai desert safari: Dubai Desert Safari is a great way to experience the desert. There are many different activities to choose from, so you can find one that suits your interests. The safari includes a camel ride, sandboarding, and quad biking. You can also choose to add on other activities such as a henna tattoo or a belly dance performance.
- Dune bashing in Dubai: Dune bashing in Dubai is an adrenaline-pumping activity where you will be driving through the sand dunes in a luxury 4x4 SUV. You can expect to get dirty and dusty, but it is all part of the fun.
- Quad biking in Dubai: Quad biking in Dubai is a great way to explore the desert. You will be driving through the sand dunes on a four-wheeled ATV. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.
- Sandboarding in Dubai: Sandboarding in Dubai is another great way to experience the desert. You will be riding down the sand dunes on a board, similar to snowboarding or surfing.
- Ziplining: Zipline at Jebel Jais Flight, the longest zipline in the world at 2,83km. You will be flying through the air on a zip line, reaching speeds of up to 100 kilometers per hour. You will enjoy the bird’s eye view of the Hajar mountains and Ras al Khaimah.
- Dune buggy riding: A Dune Buggy is a car-like vehicle with a high horsepower that can glide over the desert sand with ease and speed, which makes Dune buggy riding a must-do activity in Dubai for adrenaline enthusiasts.
- Kayaking: Kayaking in Dubai is an amazing water sport to experience for all levels of kayakers. The city has so many waterways to explore, and the views from the water are incredible. The weather in Dubai is perfect for kayaking year-round, so you can go anytime. Just be sure to check the weather conditions before you go, as strong winds can make kayaking difficult.
- Scuba diving: The Dubai coastline has a lot to offer scuba diving enthusiasts. There are plenty of shipwrecks, reefs, and other underwater features to explore. The visibility is usually good, and the water temperature is comfortable year-round.
- Mountain biking: There are a few different places that are popular for mountain biking in Dubai. One of the most popular spots is the Hajar Mountains that offers some challenging terrain to explore. Other popular spots include the Al Qudra Lakes, the Hatta Mountain Bike Trail, and the Jebel Jais Mountain Road.
- Hot air balloon rides: The most popular spot for hot air balloon rides in Dubai is the desert, where you can get a unique perspective on the city. Other popular locations include the Palm Jumeirah, the Burj Khalifa, and the Dubai Marina. Each location offers its own unique views, so you'll want to choose one based on what you're hoping to see.
- Indoor skiing: Indoor skiing in Dubai is a popular activity, especially during the summer months when the weather is too hot to ski outdoors. The most popular indoor ski resort is Ski Dubai Snow Park, which is located in the Mall of the Emirates. This resort has five slopes of varying difficulty, as well as a snow park and a toboggan run.
Which are the best indoor activities in Dubai?
Apart from offering many amazing activities for an outdoor adventure in Dubai, the city is home to many fun indoor activities as well. Here are the best indoor activities in Dubai:
- iFLY Dubai: iFLY Dubai is the world's largest indoor skydiving facility and is open all year round. It has two different tunnels, so you can choose the one that suits your skill level.
- Ski Dubai Snow Park: Ski Dubai Snow Park has five different slopes, so you can find one that suits your skill level. There are also several different lessons and activities available, so you can learn how to ski or snowboard.
- Green Planet Dubai: Green Planet Dubai is UAE’s very own indoor rainforest with more than 3000 exotic animals and birds from tropical climates. There are four levels; the Canopy, the Midstory, the Forest Floor, and the Flooded Rainforest, each representing the different parts of the rainforests.
- Ice skating at Dubai Ice Rink: Ice skating in Dubai is a great way to cool off during the hot summer months. Dubai Ice Rink is located at the Dubai Mall and is the largest one in the UAE. You can find one that suits your skill level and needs. There are also several different lessons and activities available, so you can learn how to skate or improve your skills.
- IMG Worlds of Adventure Dubai: : IMG Worlds of Adventure is the largest indoor theme park in Dubai and it is open all year round. Dubai has five different zones, each with its own unique theme that children and adults can enjoy.
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: Also located in Dubai Mall, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo have one of the world's largest aquariums, so you can see much of the marine life. You can also choose to go on a glass-bottom boat tour or a cage dive.
Which are the best adventure sports for groups in Dubai?
If you are traveling with your family or planning to do adventure activities in Dubai with them, then you have to consider a suitable activity that is fun for all. Dubai is a family-friendly destination and offers a lot of adventure sports that the entire family can enjoy. The best adventure activities in Dubai for families are:
- Desert safari: If you are looking for an adventure in Dubai, a desert safari is a great option. There are many different desert safari tours available, so you can choose one that suits your interests. A typical Dubai desert safari includes activities such as dune bashing, camel riding, and sandboarding in Dubai. You can also choose to add on other activities such as quad biking in Dubai and more. These activities are generally followed by a lavish BBQ meal and live entertainment.
- Hot air balloon ride: A hot air balloon ride in Dubai is a great way to get a 360-degree, bird’s eye view of Dubai. A typical hot air balloon ride lasts for about an hour. During this time, you will have the opportunity to see both the cosmopolitan, modern side of Dubai as well as its endless expanse of golden deserts.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts: With Dubai Parks and Resorts tickets, get four exciting theme parks all in one destination! Here, with your family, find a unique assortment of rides and attractions across parks such as Motiongate Dubai, Legoland Dubai, and Bollywood Parks Dubai.
- Dubai Kartdrome: This is the only indoor karting track in Dubai and it is open all year round. The track is lit up at night, so you can race even after the sun. There are also several different racing leagues that you can join, so you can compete against other drivers.
- Ski Dubai: This is the largest indoor ski resort in the world and it is open all year round. Ski Dubai has five different slopes, so you can find one that suits your skill level. There are also several different lessons and activities available, so you can learn how to ski or snowboard.
Can I book tickets online for adventure sports in Dubai?
Yes, you can book our tickets for adventure sports in Dubai online with Headout. We offer our guests adventure experiences that are operated by trusted and experienced tour operators, ensuring the safety of our guests. Plus, you can get several benefits with your online bookings such as special cashback, additional discounts, flexible cancelation, instant confirmation, and more on your confirmed tours and tickets.
What are the starting prices for adventure activities in Dubai?
The price of each adventure activity in Dubai differs and depends on the duration and the tour operator. However, the starting price of the adventure activities in Dubai is AED 70. This can go up to AED 360 or even 650, depending on the activity that you have chosen.
Here is a glimpse of how much the top activities can cost
- Ziplining: 230-600 AED
- Skydiving: 1600-3000 AED
- Desert Safari activities: 160-1200 AED
- Cruises: 60-300 AED
Can I go skydiving in Dubai?
Yes, skydiving in Dubai is one of our top picks of adrenaline activities in the city. You can choose to dive over the desert or Palm Islands and enjoy a view of Dubai’s skyline. Admire iconic landmarks from a height of 13,000 ft and feel the rush of the freefall, with a parachute strapped to your back. From the height, you will get a bird’s eye view of the World Islands, the Palm Islands, Burj Khalifa, and more. Go through our Dubai skydiving guide for more details.
Can I go ziplining in Dubai?
Yes. Dubai has not one but two of the world’s longest ziplines: Jebel Jais Flight, the world’s longest zipline, and Xline Dubai Marina, where you enjoy a view of Dubai Marina from a height of 170 m. At Jebel Jais, you will soar across the vast desert and soak in the view of the majestic mountains around, and at Xline, you’ll enjoy the view of crystal blue waters surrounded by skyscrapers.
Can I go for a desert safari in Dubai?
Yes, one of the top desert adventures in Dubai is going on a desert safari. This adventure activity gives you a chance to enjoy the golden sand dunes around Dubai’s deserts and gives you an opportunity to experience exciting desert activities such as dune bashing, sandboarding, quad biking, dune buggy riding, and camel riding. Depending on the experience chosen, you’ll also enjoy return transfers, BBQ meals, live entertainment, and more with your desert safari with Dubai.
Are water sports available in Dubai?
Dubai features a coastline stretching about 50 km with numerous beautiful beaches. As a result, there are many spots where you can enjoy water sports in Dubai. Here are a few top water sports that you can experience:
- Scuba diving in Dubai: Scuba diving in Dubai is a great way to explore the underwater world and the city provides some of the best underwater views in the world. The most popular dive sites include the Dubai Aquarium, the Lost Chambers Aquarium, and the Jumeirah Sailing Club.
- Kayaking in Dubai: Kayaking is an awesome water sport to explore the waterways of Dubai. There are several routes you can take such as Dubai Creek, the Palm Jumeirah, and the Burj Al Arab. Each route offers some unique sea views of the city and you will need to choose one based on what you want to experience.
- Snorkeling: The Dubai coast is a great place to explore the deep sea via snorkeling. It is known for having some of the best instructors and the best deep-sea views. You can swim with turtles, reef sharks, and many other underwater creatures.
- Sailing: Dubai is especially known for sailing. You can take a sail in the form of luxury cruises in Dubai. You can pick from a range of cruises depending on the activity you are interested in: sightseeing cruises, lunch cruises, dinner cruises, or evening cruises with entertainment along the Dubai Marina.
- Parasailing: Experience the best of sea and ariel adventure at once, by parasailing in Dubai. You will be tied to a parachute and linked to a jet ski, and flown along the sea. Towards the end of your flight, you can request to be dipped into the sea to experience an exhilarating end.
Are adventure activities safe in Dubai?
Generally, adventure activities are considered safe in Dubai since the city has applied high standards for safety and equipment everywhere. It is still important that you choose a reliable and trusted operator for your adventure tour. Make sure you research the operator well, and make sure all your safety and precaution questions are answered before you book your tickets. Guests are also required to strictly adhere to rules and guidelines related to age, weight, height, and health.
What is the best time to go for an adventure activity in Dubai?
Since summers in Dubai tend to get extremely hot, outdoor activities may get quite uncomfortable for travelers who are not used to a lot of heat. Summer months last between May to September and during these months, you can alternatively indulge in indoor sports. The best months are definitely the cooler ones, between November to March, when you can try every adventure activity comfortably to your heart’s content.
Are there any age restrictions for adventure activities near Dubai?
Yes, most adventure activities near Dubai have an age restriction, depending on the risk level. For instance, skydiving in Dubai is limited to those who are 18 years old or above. Similarly, ziplining in Dubai can only be enjoyed by those who are aged 12 - 65 and weigh 45 - 100 kgs. There are many such restrictions for adventure sports in Dubai so, it is important to read and check with the company before you book for your kids.
Are there any health restrictions before going for an adventure activity in Dubai?
Each adventure activity has its own set of guidelines and restrictions. Some common ones to keep in mind are not to have heavy, greasy meals before the activity, avoid wearing clothing or jewelry that may get caught or lost, follow the height restriction if mentioned, avoid the activity if you have a health condition such as heart disease, back ailments, are pregnant, suffer from frequent migraines, and of course, if you experience any symptoms of COVID-19.
The world on your tap!Get the Headout app to get tickets on your phone and access app-only deals. Talk about win-win.