When you need a break from the heat that Dubai has on offer 24*7 (well, almost), the Dubai Ice Rink is just the place to be! Located on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Ice Rink is an Olympic-sized skating rink that extends right up to the second floor.
A perfect place to relax in-between shopping, eating, and admiring the beauty that is the Dubai Mall Fountain and/or the Burj Khalifa - the Dubai Ice Rink is the ideal spot to unwind, and learn a thing or two about ice-skating.
The Dubai Ice Rink in a Nutshell
Know before you go
Best time to visit - Early opening hours or afternoons
Starting Dubai Ice Rink Ticket price - AED 85
Suggested duration - 90 to 120 minutes
Location - Ground Floor, between the Souk and Dubai Aquarium, Dubai Mall
Monday to Friday - 12 noon to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday - 10 am to 10 pm
Why Visit Dubai Ice Rink
1. It is the snow-filled break you didn’t know you needed from the scorching heat of the sun in Dubai.
2. Throw on your skating equipment and get ready for a fun-filled 90-minute session trying to balance and skate on snow.
3. It's the perfect spot to unwind and relax after a long day with your family and friends.
4. For in-between entertainment during your ice-skating sessions, classic arcade games and concession food counters will always be at your service.
5. The ‘Dubai Snowfall’ helps you enjoy a romantic skate with your partner as a blanket of white snow envelopes you.
Top things to do at the Dubai Ice Rink
1. If you’re an amateur who is looking to learn ice skating or a part of the general public who just wants to sit and watch, the public training sessions that are conducted are a good way for you to either hone your skills or relax and have good fun watching
2. For pro-ice-skaters who want to show off their figure skating skills, freestyle skating is right at the top of things to do at the Dubai Ice Rink
3. The Dubai Snowfall not only adds authenticity to your ice-skating experience but also acts as the perfect backdrop for a romantic evening with your date/partner
4. The DJ Night Disco is a two-hour session where the Ice Rink transforms entirely. It turns into a highly energetic dance/disco floor with a resident DJ to entertain you fully
Which Dubai Ice Rink Tickets Should You Buy?
The Dubai Ice Rink is a favourite for tourists and locals alike, as it IS the perfect way to catch a break from all the heat. Hence, long waiting lines are natural. Here are some Dubai Ice Rink tickets you can buy, so you can save time and dime:
There are plenty of attractions that you can visit around the Dubai Ice Rink, and if you're planning on visiting more than that - pick the combo tickets! You can couple your Ice Rink tickets with the coffee from At the Top in Burj Khalifa, or IMG world, OR the Dubai Frame, only for a few more dirhams!
Plan Your Visit
Dubai Ice Rink Opening Hours
The Ice Rink is open from 10 AM to 12 midnight, everyday.
Getting to the Ice Rink
There are two buses that service The Dubai Mall every 16 minutes: route 27 from the Deira Gold Souk station and route 29 from Ghubaiba bus station. The buses arrive and depart from the tourist drop-off area, located in front of the Grand Drive Entrance, on the Lower Ground Floor of The Dubai Mall.
The nearest metro station is the Burj Khalifa/The Dubai Mall station, which is within a walkable distance from the Mall if you use the Metro Link Bridge. Alternatively, feeder buses service the mall directly with frequent passenger drop-offs daily.
If you’re planning to drive in from the center of Dubai, take the first interchange and go on to the Financial Centre Road.
Best Time To Visit Dubai Ice Rink
While there is no perfect time to visit the Ice Rink - it’s always hot during the summers - peak afternoons will be a good time to relax and take in the cold. Ideally, it’s also the perfect time to beat the crowds. Most people are bound to visit the attraction in the latter half of their days, and so, visiting in the afternoon is the best time to practice your figure skating skills.
Dubai Ice Rink Parking
If you're headed to Dubai Mall to visit the Ice Rink, the most convenient parking space is the Cinema Parking P3.
Directions to Dubai Ice Rink Parking.
Insider tips for visiting Dubai Ice Rink
- Always pre-purchase your tickets. Although offline tickets are available, it’s better to buy your tickets in advance to avoid crowds and the disappointment of not getting any at the last minute.
- There are tons of options available for ice-skating lessons. Pick one that suits your needs and preferences the best. Depending on how confident you are about your skills, you could pick an amateur/a pro lesson. There’s a Disco Ice Skating session, group, and/or individual lessons.
- Wear comfortable clothing, but also ensure it fits well. Avoid loose/ill-fitting pants and long coats, especially if your skating session includes an IceByke.
- Ensure that you pair your clothing with thick socks, shoes, gloves, etc - now, you can either bring your own, or rent/purchase some from the Dubai Ice Rink.
- Don’t carry any phones, electronics, or sharp objects while you’re out on the ice rink.
- Lockers are available for the safekeeping of your belongings and precious items (AED 15 per session)
Attractions near Dubai Ice Rink
Here are some top attractions which are located near the Ice Rink, that you should add to your itinerary.
The world’s tallest performing fountain, the Dubai Fountain is a water, music, and light spectacle, that stretches up to two football fields! The fountain performs to a range of songs from contemporary to classics. More so, you can take rides in an abra/kayak and get front row seats to the magic!
The At the Top experience at Burj Khalifa is your chance to experience Dubai from the tallest building in the world. The world’s fastest elevator takes you up to the 124th and 125th floor seemingly fast, after which you can enjoy 360-degree views from the observation deck.
The Dubai Aquarium houses hundreds of species that are stretched over a 48-meter long tunnel that gives 270-degree views of the aquarium. On Level 2, the Underwater Zoo takes guests through aquatic environments and distinct displays, along with experiences such as shark encounters and diving, scuba diving, shark walking, etc
On level 122 of the Burj Khalifa, the At.mosphere restaurant has a variety of cuisines for you to choose from, and the drinks and dessert menus are especially extensive.
Located within the Opera District in Downtown Dubai, the Dubai Opera is a 2000-seat performing arts center. It hosts a variety of performances including theatre, opera, ballets, concerts, conferences, and exhibitions.
Restaurants Near the Dubai Ice Rink
While the Dubai Ice Rink has your standard food concession stands for a quick bite, there are several great restaurants around it too. Some of these are:
This restaurant is the perfect spot to explore, and indulge in what is typically known as African dining/cuisine. Although they’re famous for their steaks and cheeseburgers, rest assured that they’re a vegetarian-friendly restaurant. The views of the Dubai Fountain and the Burj Khalifa, enhance the meal.
Distance from the Ice Rink: 0.3 kms
One of the best restaurants in town for Asian (more specifically Japanese) food, is the place to be! Famous for its ramen, Wagamama is the perfect spot to be when you’re hungry and need prompt service.
Distance from the Ice Rink: 0 km
A one-stop shop for every meal and cuisine you can imagine, The Cheesecake Factory is certain to raise your spirits every time you visit. Oh also, don’t forget to try the cheesecake - it’s in the name!
Distance from the Ice Rink: 0.1 kms
Mediterranean food that makes you visit the restaurant over and over again, Awani is a place with near-perfect views, and the perfect food. With options aplenty for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or brunch, you’re guaranteed to have a good time.
Distance from the Ice Rink: 0.2 kms
As the name suggests, Social House is the spot to unwind after long days of shopping and exploring the Dubai mall. A global hub of cuisines, the views, and the design is enough to pull you in and ensure that you don’t feel like leaving.
Distance from the Ice Rink: 0.2 kms
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Dubai Ice Rink?
The Dubai Ice Rink is situated on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall, right in between the Souk and the Waterfall Aquarium. It’s the closest to Cinema Parking P3.
How much does a ticket to the Ice Rink cost?
A ticket to the Dubai Ice Rink typically costs between AED 110 and AED 125 depending on the session you choose.
Are five-year-olds allowed at Dubai Ice Rink?
Yes. Children under 100cm must be accompanied by a paying adult. Children under 3 years of age are considered infants, and so, get free entry. Of course, adult supervision is a must at all times.
Can you rent the ice rink?
To put it simply, yes! Whether your hockey team is looking for an arena to practice in, or you need to entertain multiple children, or just host an event of your own, the Dubai Ice Rink has various ice rental packages for you to choose from.
What are the offers at Dubai Ice Rink?
The Dubai Ice Rink has several offers for you to choose from: right from discounts on group bookings/school trips to a flat-out discount on tickets you book with us at Headout.
How can I buy Dubai Ice Rink tickets?
You can buy Dubai Ice Rink tickets online and book them in advance with exciting offers.
Do I need tickets to enter the Ice Rink?
Yes, you need tickets to enter and chill at the Ice Rink.