Water Sports in Dubai
Popular Things to Do
Sort By: Our Recommendations
Burj Khalifa TicketsDubai Fountain Show & Abra Lake Ride Tickets
AED 90AED 72
Save up to 20%
Yacht ToursMega Yacht Dinner Cruise
Speed Boat ToursDubai Signature Self-Drive Boat Tours: Hero OdySea
Browse By Themes
Tickets :Theme ParksMuseumsZoos & AquariumParksWater ParksLandmarksCity PassesTours :Walking ToursHop-On Hop-Off ToursCity ToursPrivate ToursBikes & SegwayMulti-Day ToursTransportation :Airport TransfersCar RentalsAttraction TransfersPublic TransportTravel Services :Wifi & SIM CardsCruises :Sightseeing CruisesDinner CruisesLunch CruisesEvening CruisesFood & Drink :Dining ExperiencesFood ToursFood PassesDay Trips :Nature EscapesEntertainment :MusicalsPlaysOperaConcertsComedy ShowsSportsBalletsAdventure :SkydivingZipliningIndoor AdventureOutdoor ActivitiesDesert SafariAerial Sightseeing :Helicopter ToursAirplane ToursWater Sports :Scuba DivingJet SkiingKayakingBoat RentalsSpeed Boat ToursYacht ToursNature & Wildlife :CampingWellness :SpaFitness PassesClasses :Fitness ClassesSpecials :Digital ExperiencesCombosComing Soon
Why should I try water sports in Dubai?
With nearly 50 km of coastline, Dubai is home to some wonderful beaches. As a result, some of these offer a variety of water sports such as jet skiing, kayaking, speed boat tours, flyboarding, and more. If you are trying to escape the heat or wish to tick off a few adventure sports off your bucket list, Dubai is the perfect place for it.
Which are the best water sports in Dubai?
Dubai offers a lot of amazing adventures for visitors to enjoy including some extreme water sports as well. Here are the best water sports in Dubai:
- Jet Skiing: Jet Skiing in Dubai is one of the top water sports to try. Moving at a speed of 70 km/h, this 60-minute activity gives you a great adrenaline rush and is the perfect escape from Dubai heat.
- Parasailing: For those who love flying, parasailing in Dubai is a must. Enjoy an unforgettable experience of soaring in the sky while admiring Dubai’s skyline in the distance.
- Speed boat tours: Feel the cool sea breeze against your skin as you soak in the city’s skyline on a speed boat tour in Dubai. Travel at adrenaline-pumping speed as you view landmarks such as Burj Khalifa, Atlantis Hotel, Dubai Marina and more.
- Wakeboarding: Wakeboarding in Dubai is also a great choice as you can find award-winning instructors here for a learning session. It is a combination of water skiing, surfing, and snowboarding, and is a must-try in the city.
- Scuba Diving: Due to the Arabian Gulf’s rich biodiversity, scuba diving in Dubai is one of the most popular water activities for adventure enthusiasts. Strap on your kit and go deep into the seas to discover a variety of wonderful marine animals.
- Kayaking: To soak up the beautiful landscape and relax in the water, kayaking in Dubai is the perfect water sport to enjoy. Anyone above the age of 16 can enjoy this activity and one can even go for a solo kayaking tour or team up with your friends or family for even more fun.
Can I go jet skiing in Dubai?
One of the best things to do in Dubai is go jet-skiing around the gorgeous beaches of the city. This adventure activity lasts generally for 60 to 90 minutes and is not just a great way to enjoy the panoramic views of the city, but to test your balance and coordination, increase endurance, and of course, to have fun. Since there are only a few places where you can go jet skiing in Dubai, make sure you get in touch with certified tour operators prior to your trip.
Can I go scuba diving in Dubai?
Yes, one of the top water sports to try in Dubai is scuba diving. Enjoy a dive into the exciting Arabian Gulf and observe the diverse marine life found here. You will come face-to-face with all kinds of marine animals including sharks, manta rays, turtles, and more. There are many diving centers available in Dubai, allowing you to easily find a diving company that suits your budget and experience. Beginners can choose to do an introductory Discover Scuba Diving at Dubai Aquarium course, while licensed divers can go dive at the various dive spots around the city. You can also get tickets to scuba diving at Atlantis Aquaventure, try a shark dive at Dubai Aquarium, and more.
Where can I book tickets for water sports in Dubai?
For a convenient and hassle-free experience, you can book tickets for water sports in Dubai on Headout. There are many water sports experiences to choose from including a Dubai Fountain - Water Bikes experience, Love Boats: 60 Minutes Marina Tour, a Dubai Fountain - Kayak experience, and more. Booking these experiences on Headout will get you additional discounts and deals on your tickets. Moreover, your confirmed ticket will include exact information about your experience, including location, duration, travel essentials to carry, what to expect, and more.
Where can I try water sports in Dubai?
Dubai is one of the best places for water sports as it is home to numerous gorgeous beaches. If you are wondering where to try water sports in Dubai, then check out these best beaches in Dubai:
- Jumeirah Beach: One of the top places to try water sports in Dubai is Jumeirah Beach. From water skiing to sailing, to kayaking, there are a lot of amazing water activities to do here.
- Kite Beach: For those who are interested in kitesurfing, one of the best places to visit in Dubai is Kite Beach. The wind conditions are ideal for kitesurfing here and you have access to many food stalls to make it a fun outing with friends and family.
- Dubai Marina: Some of the best water activities take place at Dubai Marina. From speed boat tours to jet skiing, get your fill of adventure activities here.
- JBR: The beaches along Jumeirah Beach Residence are ideal to feel some thrill, with activities such as parasailing, flyboarding, kayaking, paddle boarding and more.
Which are the cheapest water sports in Dubai?
The cheapest water sports in Dubai are pedal boating, kayaking, abra lake rides, among others. These water activities can be enjoyed by people of all ages and are not as extreme as other water sports in Dubai. Some of our budget-friendly activities are Dubai Fountain pedal swan boats, Dubai Fountain - Kayak experience, Dubai Fountain show and abra lake ride tickets, and Dubai Fountain - water bikes experience and more.
How much do water sports in Dubai cost?
The price of water sports in Dubai varies, depending on the season and the type of water activity. The activities could cost anywhere between AED 55 to upwards of AED 350 . Generally, water activities such as water bikes, abra tickets, kayaking, boating, etc. are more budget-friendly than other extreme water sports in Dubai such as jet skiing, yacht tours, etc.
What should I wear for water sports in Dubai?
If you are planning to spend a few hours indulging in water sports in Dubai, it is important to choose the right clothing for a comfortable experience. Make sure to wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat when enjoying light water sports such as boating, cruises, yacht tours, or kayaking. in Dubai. For extreme water sports in Dubai such as scuba diving, wakeboarding, and more, a wetsuit or a rash vest is a good idea; moreover, for these sports, you can also rent the right sporting gear.
Can children participate in water sports in Dubai?
Yes, children can participate in water sports in Dubai but there are age restrictions placed for different sports. If the child is under the age limit, he/she may not be allowed to participate in the activity or might need to be accompanied by their parents. The age restrictions vary for different water sports in Dubai.
Are there any age restrictions for water sports in Dubai?
There are many fun water sports in Dubai that have a minimum age requirement that must be followed. For activities such as SUP, jet skiing, etc. in Dubai, you must be at least 16 years old. On the other hand, a jetpack activity is suitable for anyone aged 10 or above. For other activities such as kayaking, parasailing, wakeboarding, etc. in Dubai, children must have their parent’s permission and in a few cases must be accompanied by them as well to join the water activity.
Are there any health restrictions for water sports in Dubai?
Generally, the health restrictions for water sports in Dubai differ, based on the activity. However, one thing that is common is that visitors who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs shouldn’t take part in most water sports. A few water sports such as scuba diving, parasailing, etc. also require you to be fit and healthy with no signs of cold, congestion, epilepsy, or other medical conditions. Similar restrictions apply for pregnant women and individuals who suffer from heart conditions or other major physical ailments.
What should I eat before trying a water sport in Dubai?
One of the most crucial things to remember when trying a water sport in Dubai is that you shouldn’t overeat before it. Eat a healthy breakfast that consists of carbohydrates and fats as it will provide you with extra energy during the water activity. You can eat bananas, nuts, grains, cereals, etc. but avoid spicy or acidic food. Reduce your normal diet by eating a small portion and fill up on sports drinks and lots of water to prevent dehydration.
The world on your tap!Get the Headout app to get tickets on your phone and access app-only deals. Talk about win-win.