Dubai, known as the 'City of Gold', has quietly made it to the top of the list of places you must be heading to, the next chance you get. It’s not just the lavish lifestyle of the city that attracts visitors, it is Dubai’s inclusive attitude that has caught people’s attention. It has amusing theme parks for kids, quaint restaurants for the foodies, state-of-the -art theatres for the performance arts aficionados, and some of the most electrifying adventure sports opportunities if you are an adrenaline junkie. Bungee jumping, skydiving, sandboarding, shark diving, flyboarding, micro lighting, and parasailing are just a few of the possibilities in Dubai. Read on to find out about how to go parasailing in Dubai.
What is Parasailing?
Parasailing is one of the most popular adventure sports in the world. It is also known as parakiting or parascending. A harness attaches you to a vehicle, which pulls you behind it as you hang on to a specially designed canopy wing or a parachute. At a certain speed, the canopy takes to a height of around 100-200 meters, thus helping you gain an unprecedented perspective of your surroundings. In recreational parasailing, you will not have any control over the direction of the canopy. However, in a competitive format, the sailor’s ability to guide themselves to a target spot is tested.
Parasailing came into being in 1962 as a training exercise for parachutists and astronauts. The activity was aimed at helping the trainees perfect their landing and water survival. It took almost another 30 years for the activity to emerge as a recreational activity. Since then, guidelines and safety measures have been put in place to ensure the fun in the activity remains intact without endangering you. It is important that you choose to parasail only with reputed service providers for your own safety.
Parasailing in Dubai
Ensconced in the golden sand is the wonderfully advanced city of Dubai. It is a marvel of flawless architectural planning and sheer will to challenge the boundaries of possibility. The result is quite exquisite, and parasailing lets you explore that from a unique perspective. As you rise 150 meters above the pristine sea, you witness the beaches give way to the concrete miracle. The landscape is one that is inimitable and unique to Dubai. .
Understand that even though the activity might seem a bit risky, proper measures have been taken to ensure your safety. You will not be taken out for the activity if the wind is too strong or there is a likelihood of a downpour (quite a rare occasion in Dubai). Only the best set of equipment will be used for the activity. You will be trained to use proper hand signals and landing positions. So strap in, and enjoy.
Book a Parasailing Experience in Dubai
Hydro Water Sports, Ritz Carlton JBR , Dubai
• Safety briefing instructions by an expert in English.
• Parasailing for a duration of 7-10 minutes.
• All equipment and gear required for the entire experience.
• Speedboat ride to the starting point after the activity.
• Individuals under the age of 10 years are not eligible for the activity.
• Individuals above the age of 10 years will require full tickets for the activity.
• Individuals with restricted mobility are discouraged to take part in the activity.
• Participants must be able to swim to be eligible for the activity.
• Embark on a custom-built speedboat in premium condition.
• Head out at least 500 meters into the sea according to the standardized safety requirements for parasailing.
• Get a safety overview in English for the activity from an expert, including hand signals.
• Slip into your parachute and get fitted up with the safety harness.
• Rise around 150 meters above the sea and behold Dubai in all its glory.
• Descend on to your speedboat and enjoy your ride back to the shore.
Parasailing Tips For Beginners
Have a look at this list of tips that beginners are likely to benefit from:
- Go through the release form well before signing it.
- Reach at least 15 minutes in advance for the activity.
- Remember your hand signals and instructions well, and never hesitate to ask again.
- Inquire in advance regarding weight restrictions if you haven’t been briefed already.
- Refrain from going on this activity if your fear of heights is too extreme.
- Understand that at any point in time your activity can be called off due to unavoidable circumstances, such as wind speed and sea condition.
We hope you have a splendid time trying out Parasailing in Dubai. Once you tick it off your bucket-list, let us know how your parasailing experience went, in the feedback space provided below.