The canal city of Dubai Marina with its shiny high rises and sprawling infrastructure has emerged as an awe-inspiring example of human excellence. The city district is built along the Persian Gulf and is at its finest under the night sky. One of the best ways to experience the glittering magnificence of Dubai Marina is by sailing through the network of canals on a Dhow Cruise. We'll take a look at the best Dubai Dhow Cruise tickets on offer and its many benefits.
What is a Dhow?
Traditionally, Dhow vessels were used in the region by pearl divers and traders, but with time, these boats have evolved to offer a rare glimpse of the past and present of this thriving metropolis. These traditional boats are an icon of sea transportation in the gulf and give you a fine of Arabian history. Read on to know more about why a Dubai Marina Dhow cruise is specially recommended.
Why Go For A Cruise In Dubai Marina
Dubai Marina is an artificial canal city along the Persian Gulf shore, which also happens to be the world's largest man made marina! We believe that is reason enough to visit the Dubai Marina! However, there's more. With buildings like the Burj Al Arab and Dubai Mall, the canal district has the world’s tallest building and the largest mall that are part of the world’s ‘tallest block’.The Marina area also comprises of wonderfully architected skyscrapers including the Dubai Marina Yacht club, Dubai Marina Mall and large number of five star hotels. What’s more is that with the growing number of locals and tourists in the area, there are new food and leisure joints opening frequently, adding to the charm of Dubai Marina. There's no better way to cover the length of the Dubai Marina, than on a dhow cruise. Hop aboard and through the 2 miles long canal with terrific views to either side.
A Typical Dubai Marina Dhow Cruise Experience
So, what does a Dubai Marina Dhow Cruise look like? Below are the 3 key features of a Dubai Marina Dhow Cruise, depending on your selection of cruise. All in all, it is fun guaranteed!
Dubai Marina is a sight to behold and cruising through the canal beside it promises unparalleled views of the buildings that have become landmarks on the international map. Among the many sights you will pass by, some that you should not miss are the Burj Al Arab, Hotel Atlantis the Palm, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Marina Yatch Club Promenade, and the Dubai Marina Mall. You will also get a chance to admire the unique architecture that surrounds the area in form of residential buildings, recreational spaces, and office buildings. You can opt for a day-time cruise if you are interested in understanding the architecture, or go on an evening or night-time cruise to see New Dubai glittering under the dark sky.
Dining on a luxurious cruise under the night sky can be a memorable experience and if it’s along the Dubai Marina, it can be truly magical. What can enhance this experience further is the option of going on a Dhow Dinner Cruise. You can enjoy a sumptuous three-course meal of continental or international dishes under the night sky as you cruise through the canal and relax with a glass of chilled juice or soft drink. You can either go for a sunset cruise with dinner or choose the dedicated Dinner cruise that sails after sun down.
Dhow Cruises in Dubai not only offer great culinary and sightseeing experiences, but also a glimpse into the region’s cultural heritage. Depending on the cruise you opt for, you will be treated with live performances of traditional art forms by expert artists who practice the Tanoura Dance, Youwla Dance or Arabic music. At the time of booking a cruise experience you can choose the one that offers one or all of these performances and enjoy a holistic experience.
Top Dubai Marina Dhow Cruises & More
1. Dubai Marina Sightseeing Dhow Cruise
• Dubai Marina Sightseeing Dhow Cruise leaves every hour between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm from a designated pier on the Dubai Marina promenade.
• As you board the cruise, you will be welcomed by the softly playing traditional music, and glasses of cool drinks for the hour-long journey.
• You will pass by the ‘Tallest Block in the world’ and witness the unending heights of skyscrapers like the Infinity Tower, Ocean Heights, Marina Pinnacle, and Sulafa Tower.
• The 360-degree glass walls offer an uninterrupted view of the city side and the intriguing architecture that marks the opulence of Dubai Marina.
• If required, you can also have a hotel pick-up arranged.
2. Dubai Marina Dhow Dinner Cruise
• The Dubai Marina Dhow Dinner Cruise leaves every evening at 8:30 pm and docks back at the pier at 10:30 pm after sailing for two hours.
• On the evening of your cruise, a car will pick you up an hour in advance from your hotel and before boarding the Dhow, the staff will welcome you with a glass of chilled drink, Arabic dates and coffee.
• Once onboard, settle in for a relaxing cruise through the Dubai Marina as the traditional music gently fills the air.
• You can choose to enjoy the evening air on the outer deck, or lounge indoors and look at Dubai’s passing skyline through the 360-degree glass walls.
• The highlight of this cruise experience is the three-course continental buffet that offers a variety of dishes.
3. Dubai Marina Sunset Cruise with Live Music
• If watching sunsets is your thing, then the Luxury Sunset Cruise with Live Saxophonist is a great option for you.
• In the two hours that you spend onboard, the cruise will pass through the Marina Esplanade and you will be able to witness Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, Hotel Atlantis the Palm, Dubai Marina Mall and other such landmark structures.
• Enjoy the evening with an unlimited supply of soft drinks and juices as the sun sets behind Dubai’s tall buildings.
• As the evening progresses, you will head indoors for the sumptuous buffet of food from different parts of the world.
• Note, this is not a dhow cruise on Dubai Marina, but a luxury boat cruise.
4. Dubai Marina Dinner Cruise with Live Music
• The Luxury Dinner Cruise is a one of a kind experience on a glass houseboat that offers a stunning view of New Dubai’s skyline.
• The unlimited supply of soft drinks and juices will keep you refreshed through the two hours of cruise.
• You can enjoy the delicious dinner, which is catered by The Address Hotel, under the star-studded night sky and look out at the engineering marvels like the Palm Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab and other famous buildings that make up New Dubai.
• Note, this is not a dhow cruise on Dubai Marina, but a luxury boat cruise.
5. Yellow Boats 60 Min : Dubai Marina & Palm Lagoon Boat Tour
• Travel through the magnificent Dubai Marina with a breathtaking skyline, magnificent 21st Century modern architecture and experience the buzz and vibrancy of a chic, urban lifestyle.
• It is fantastic in the day, or by night when the Marina comes alive with its stunning lights, colors, and activities.
• Your 60 minutes guided journey will highlight some of the famous landmarks of the most spectacular marina in the world.
• Here are some amazing architectural structures you will see along the cruise: Twisted Tower, Princess Tower, Dubai Marina Yacht Club, Address Hotel, Al Fattan Towers, JBR.
• Note, this is not a dhow cruise on Dubai Marina, but a yellow boat cruise.
Dubai Marina Cruise Vs Dubai Creek Cruise
|About|| A relaxing hour-long cruise down the Dubai Marina in a traditional dhow. |
| A serene 1-hour cruise on a traditional dhow in Dubai Creek. |
A Dubai Marina Dhow Cruise takes you through modern Dubai. It is an artificial canal city with skyscrapers, luxurious hotels, unique cafes, quaint boutiques and fine examples of modern architecture on either sides. You can also experience trams and cars passing over the bridges around you.
The Dubai Creek is a fragment of old Dubai, a place where the Arabs settled when they relocated to the city from villages in the desert. You'll see glimpses of the souqs, abras floating by, the famous Bastakiya Quarter and some of the first few skyscrapers that came up in the city.
The aura surrounding the Dubai Marina is mostly leisurely and laid back. You are likely to see people having a leisurely stroll along the promenade or having coffee at one of the quaint cafes fringing the shores.
The Dubai Creek has more hustle bustle that is associated with daily routine. The traffic, daily business routine and barges departing to ports make the ambience of the place.
Dhow Marina cruise departure times : 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
Dhow Creek cruise departure times : 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30 pm.
While there is no clear winner, it all depends on the experience you're looking for and your budget. If you're looking to experience the glam of Dubai, then the Marina Cruise it is. If you're looking to experience the toil of Dubai, then the Creek cruise it is. If you're on a budget, the Creek cruise is an obvious choice. If you're willing to shell out a little extra, then you can go for the Marina Cruise. A great way to save money on Dubai Marina Dhow Cruises is purchasing combo deals that allow you to spend less and experience more. Check out the top selling Dubai Dhow Cruise Combo.
What is the best time to go for a Dubai Marina Dhow cruise
While a Dhow Cruise ride is scenic and beautiful day round, the best time would be around sunset. Witnessing the evening sun cast a pink hue on Dubai's glittering landscape is a sight behold. Moreover, you get to catch a glimpse of Dubai's routine and the city's crowd trickling back after a day at work. However, know that the evening slots are the quickest to fill and hardest to get. Hence, we highly recommend booking them online.
What are the different entertainment and dinning options on these dhow cruises?
Dubai Marina Dhow cruises are more than a glide in the waters of Dubai. It gives you a glimpse of local cultural entertainment like Tanoura dancing or belly dancing for you and your guests. Note, Marina cruises with entertainment are restricted only to dinner cruises, wherein enticing entertainment is accompanied with a traditional feast. As for dining options, you are served a welcome meal of coffee, dates and snacks accompanied by a buffet dinner with array of cocktails and wine ending with mouth watering dessert.
How do I choose a cruise between Dubai Creek and Dubai Marina?
With no hands down winner between the Dubai Creek and Marina, you can visit either depending on your convinience and expect a world class experience. To know the exact difference between Dubai Creek Vs Dubai Marina, check our section above.
Is there any dress code I need to be wary of?
Men are required to wear full pants with shirt or T-shirt, a semi-formal attire in essence. They are not allowed on Dhow with shorts and slippers. Likewise, women should be properly covered and should skimpy clothes. This dress code is mostly followed for Dinner Dhow Cruises and rules are a little less stringent for Sightseeing Dhow Cruises
Dubai Marina Dhow Cruise Reviews
Went on dinner dhow cruise from marina.Well organised & maintained cruise. No confusion on seating arrangement.Lower deck is ac & upper deck is an open one & def views are better.Cruise sailing takes around 2 hours.Pick up & drop is included along with dinner and tanura dance performance. The ambience is nice & the food was average & ordinary but edible. Marina is a better area compared to creek cruise.The views of the lit up buildings around depict the modern dubai skyscrapers & the marina walk is spectacular.Worth a visit once only.
Shachi V, Tripadvisor December 2018
One of the main attractions of Dubai is Dhow Cruise with Dinner and it takes you on a wonderful journey of about 2 Hours.Cruising the waters of Dubai Creek and the modern Dubai Marina, these dhow cruises are renowned for their one-of-a-kind sightseeing and dining experiences. Wonderful Experience .
Mohit13Jain, Tripadvisor December 2018
Ready For Your Dubai Marina Dhow Cruise?
Here are other Dubai Dhow Cruises that are famous and much sought after. The views are splendid and the experience is out of the world! Check them out.
You can discover more such exciting Dubai dhow cruise deals at Headout and make your Dubai vacation one to remember.
If you couldn't find a dhow cruise you're looking for or would like to check out other dhow cruise options in Dubai than the Dubai Marina, head over to our exclusive Dubai dhow cruise guide.