Dubai is the world’s leading destination in entertainment and leisure attractions. From creating entire environments indoors – Ski Dubai, Dubai Aquarium, and a rainforest inside the Green Planet, to hosting the world’s best adventure parks – IMG Worlds Adventure, Dubai Parks and Resorts and Legoland – Dubai has it all! The latest on the city’s long list of exciting attractions is Ripley’s Believe It or Not! located in Global Village Dubai. A part of the worldwide network of Ripley’s attractions, this attraction hosts over 150 unbelievable natural, scientific, artistic, and human oddities. A perfect family-friendly destination, with quirky galleries, mirror mazes, animal oddities, pop-culture memorabilia and more; there’s something for all ages at Ripley’s Mirror Maze. And the cherry on the cake? It’s prime location inside Global Village, Dubai’s leading international winter festival featuring entertainment, shopping, and dining options from across the world.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! In a Nutshell
For a century now, the ‘Ripley’s’ name has been associated with all that’s bizarre and unbelievable. The Ripley’s collection has more than 30,000 artifacts worldwide, and some of the most iconic ones will be displayed at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not attraction at the Global Dubai Village. You will see oddities from all spheres of life, including nature, science, art, and human physiology across six galleries. The most exciting exhibits in Dubai are - Megalodon shark jaw, the world’s only roadworthy wooden-built Ferrari, a millennia-old iron Gibeon meteorite, and the smallest assembly-line manufactured road-legal car. The Mirror Maze lit up by over a thousand LED Lights is also said to be quite a sight!
Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Highlights
If you're visiting Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Dubai, here's what you can look forward to.
The Ripley’s Believe It or Not attraction at Global Village has six zones that showcase over 150 unbelievable exhibits. These zones include – Robert Ripley’s Tribal Jungle, Human Oddities, Ripley’s Warehouse, Ripley’s American & Arabian, Magical Studio, and WOW Space Gallery.
Ripley’s has a mind-boggling mirror maze that uses a labyrinth of mirrors decorated with LED lights to create fantastical illusions. It is a great location to indulge in creative photography, and don’t worry you if you get lost, a search party is sent every half hour!
Looking for souvenirs or gifts to remember your trip to the Global Village Dubai? Ripley’s store is your go-to destination for all things wonderful and weird. The official Ripley’s Believe It or Not merchandise has products inspired by the museum exhibits.
A visit to the Ripley’s Candy Factory will most definitely bring out the inner child in you! Enjoy the stunning display of multi-colored candy in all shapes and sizes, buy some to indulge your sweet tooth and pack some away for your trip back home.
More Things to do at Global Village
After finishing your Ripley's visit, here's all that you can do in Global Village. Make sure to keep aside a whole day to make the most of your visit.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Dubai - Opening Hours
Ripley’s Believe It or Not Dubai is open from 29th October 2019 to 4th April 2020. The opening hours are as follows –
- Saturday to Wednesday – 4:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- Thursday, Friday and Public Holidays – 4:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Mondays are only for families and ladies. Bachelors will not be allowed inside the Global Village premises on Monday.
Directions To Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Dubai
Getting To Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Dubai is fairly easy. Once you reach Global Village Dubai, there are signboards indicating the directions to Ripley's.
Getting To Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Dubai
- Bus no: 103, 102, 104 and 106 have stops at Global Village Dubai
No direct metro is available to Global Village Dubai at the moment.
Get on Dubai - Al Ain Rd/E66, take Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 to Exit 37 and continue on Exit 37 to Global Village.
Tips for Visiting Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not is located to the right of the Main Stage and the quickest way to reach the attraction is from the ‘Cultural Gate’. Use the same gate if you’re arriving via taxi or bus. The Ripley’s exhibits are a mix of interactive and non-interactive items. You can touch and feel some of the exhibits but for your safety you will have to steer clear of other items, so keep a look out for boards which prohibit touching the exhibits.
- Allocate at least 1 hour to explore the Ripley’s Believe It or Not attraction. Youou will need anywhere between 15-30 minutes for the mirror maze and about 30 minutes to view all the exhibits.
- The best time to visit the Ripley’s attraction is as soon as the Global Village opens, around 4:00 PM. The attraction is indoor so you can stay away from the afternoon heat, plus it is less crowded as most of the visitors take their time exploring the park and then wind up here around late evening.
- You are allowed to photograph the exhibits, and in fact a few exhibits like shrunken heads jars, world’s tallest man and the shark head are ideal for taking quirky photographs. Don’t miss out on these photo ops!
- There is no luggage or locker room space either in Ripley’s Believe It or Not attraction or at the Global Village. Refrain from bringing large bags and suitcases.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! FAQs
I have previously been to Ripley’s Believe It or Not attractions in other cities, is it advisable to go again?
Yes! Every Ripley’s Believe It or Not has different, interesting exhibits, and you will undoubtedly find something new and exciting at each attraction. The Global Village Ripley’s also has a Mirror Maze and Candy Store! Plus, there is the Global Village Dubai itself - the perfect melange of dining, shopping and entertainment.
Is there a separate entrance ticket for the Ripley’s Believe It or Not attraction?
Yes, you will have to purchase a Ripley’s Believe It or Not ticket in addition to the Global Village entry fee. The tickets are separate for the Galleries and the Mirror Maze as well, but you can choose to buy a combo ticket or view each separately.
Where can I purchase tickets for Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Dubai?
The tickets can be purchased on the official website, or you can choose to buy tickets on Headout, at a discounted price with additional cashbacks! Check it out now.
Is the Ripley’s Believe It or Not Dubai a child-friendly attraction?
Yes, children love the Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum exhibits. However, it’s best if they are accompanied by adults who can guide them through the quirky exhibits.
Can I buy the exhibits on display at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not attraction?
No, you cannot buy the exhibits displayed in the galleries and museums zones, as they are authentic exhibits with a rich history. However, the Ripley’s Store is a great place to buy replicas and inspired souvenirs.
More Dubai Guides
Looking for other fun things to do in Dubai? Check out our guides on Dubai attractions and plan your visit better.