With the pandemic slowly but surely retreating, international travel is starting to open up. If you too have been waiting patiently for your travelcation, now is the perfect time to start planning a trip. September is a great month to travel to various parts of the world for many reasons. For starters, since the Autumn Equinox falls in September, there’s a considerable change in the weather around the globe. In the Northern Hemisphere, the season transitions from summer to autumn while the Southern Hemisphere bids farewell to winter and welcomes spring. Coastal destinations, the North Pole, and generally any landlocked regions are great for a September trip. Looking for the definitive list of the best places to visit in September? You’re at the right place. Here’s a handy list of places best visited in September to help you plan your trip better.
15 Best Places to Visit in September
Here are our top 15 picks for those looking to holiday in September
Tips for your travel in September
- Central Asia is a great location to explore in September, so plan a road trip through Central Asia if that fancies you.
- Prepare for your September holiday by packing right. There's a lot of unpredictable weather through September, so make sure to check the weather forecast.
- Depending on the country you're planning to travel to, check the COVID-19 restrictions and account for quarantine, RTPCR tests etc.
- It is recommended that you and your companions are vaccinated before heading out on a vacation in September 2021. This is for your safety as well as the safety of those you meet during your travels.
- If you're looking forward to new experiences and attractions in the country you're visiting, book your tickets online from Headout. Headout offers fantastic experiences in different countries around the world at great prices.
- Even if you like making travel plans as you go, it's recommended to create a basic itinerary. This ensures you don't end up wasting your time running around in circles.
FAQs about traveling in September
Some of the countries that you can visit in September include Italy, Costa Rica, Scotland, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, and more.
Countries open for travel in September include Mexico, Costa Rica, Albania, Seychelles, Egypt, Maldives, and more.
The cheapest places to vacation in September include Hawaii, Hungary, Spain, Morocco, Brazil, Italy, and more.
The best places to vacation in September include Ireland, England, France, Switzerland, Wales, Turkey, Bali, and more.
Some of the countries with good weather in September include Greece, Italy, Turkey, Scotland, Ireland, Iceland, and more.
Some places you can go for a family vacation in September include French Polynesia, Barcelona, Croatia, Singapore, Tokyo, and more.
Some of the best places to visit with kids in September include Bali, England, Turkey, Greece, Italy, and Switzerland.
Some of the best holiday locations for couples looking to travel in September include Croatia, Greek Islands, Aruba, Sicily, and French Polynesia.
The cheapest places to fly in September include Hawaii, Budapest, Rio de Janeiro, Barcelona, and Sicily.
The best places to vacation in the US in September include Asheville, NC, Grand Canyon, Charleston, SC, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Kauai, Montreal, and Yellowstone.
The best places in Europe to visit in September are Loire Valley, Formentera, Milan, Costa Del Sol, and Albanian Riviera.
The best countries in Asia to visit in September are Indonesia, China, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia.
The best places in Africa to visit in September are Cape Town, Garden Route, Okavango Delta, Chobe, Etosha, and more.
The best places in Oceania to visit in September include Sydney, Melbourne, Bora Bora, Auckland, and Fiji.
The best locations in North America to visit in September include New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and more.
The best places in South America to visit in September include Buenos Aires, Peru, Machu Picchu, Rio de Janeiro, and more.