After facing the brunt of the pandemic in the second half of 2020, efforts by governments across the world seem to have brought the pandemic under control to a reasonable extent. With airfares becoming cheaper and countries more willing to open their borders to foreign tourists, the tourism industry is slowly but surely coming back to life. If you want to unwind from the stress of last year’s pandemic, you could consider traveling to an exotic location this June. From temperate coastal paradises like Cyprus to the remote mountains of Kazakhstan, there’s a wide array of options for tourists looking to travel to new places. This list is intended to give you an overview of some of the best places to visit in June.
20 Best Places to Visit in June
June marks summer in most places around the world - with packed piazzas, overflowing beer gardens, beaches brimming with locals and tourists alike, and long days with lots of sunshine. If you're longing for a short summer siesta, here are 20 countries around the world that are perfect to visit in June.
Tips for your travel in June
- Ensure that you carry sun lotion, hats, and comfortable/loose clothing. The afternoon sun can be quite harsh in June, especially in countries like Afghanistan and Chad.
- COVID-19 restrictions are constantly changing since the pandemic is not yet under complete control. Ensure that you check COVID restrictions for your intended destination before booking tickets.
- If you are traveling solo, try and avoid crowded tourist-centered hotels and eateries. They tend to charge exorbitant prices.
- Keep yourself hydrated at all times if you are visiting countries like Chad or Tanzania.
- Buy all your attraction tickets and passes online before you fly to the country to avoid standing in crowds and risk getting infected with COVID-19.
- Try to look for ways to experience the local culture. Avoid overly touristy locations and attempt to support local businesses in lesser-known tourist destinations.
FAQs about traveling in June
Chad is one of the warmest places to visit in June.
The Solomon Islands is an intriguing tourist destination to try out in June.
Although it is warm during the day in most countries in the Northern Hemisphere, nights can get quite cold, especially in places like Canada and Afghanistan. It is advisable to carry warm clothing at all times. Additionally, pack COVID protection equipment such as masks, face shields, gloves, and plenty of sanitizers.
Fiji offers some great attractions for families.
Island destinations such as the Marshall Islands or the Solomon Islands are perfect for kids who love playing on the beach.
If you are in for some adventure, trekking in Iceland is a good option for couples. Iceland also has geothermal pools if you’d prefer to relax and spend some quality time together.
If you decide to stay in local inns and eat native food, Afghanistan and Tanzania can be quite budget-friendly.
Côte d’Ivoire is a brilliant country that you should definitely consider visiting in June.
Fiji is one of the top destinations in Oceania to visit in June.
If you haven’t visited the country before, Canada can be an interesting addition to your travel plans this June.
Peru is an excellent South American tourist destination to visit in June.