While the last two years have not been too kind to our travel bucketlists, 2022 is that light at the end of the tunnel. With most countries vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, travel is slowly regaining some sense of normalcy and people are venturing outside of their homes.
20 Best Places to Visit in May
The month of May marks spring in most countries, so pack your favourite easy dress and jet, set and go! Make sure to pack your itinerary with lots of outdoor activities and garden strolls to catch vibrant flowers in their full bloom.
Tips for your travel in May
- Make sure to have all your travel documents in place and ready at all times, during your vacation in May.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary- flight details, hotel reservations, train bookings, etc. with your friends and family. You can also register yourself with the embassy in your destination so that they can contact you too!
- Make sure to buy travel insurance to cover any medical or emergency situation that you might possibly encounter.
- While traveling solo avoid carrying expensive belongings as this minimizes becoming the target of muggers or thieves. Be vigilant and always keep an eye on your belongings.
- If you choose to explore the interiors of a country using public transportation like a bus, remember to choose the operator that is reliable and safe. Sometimes the cheapest option isn’t always the best.
- Make an attempt to learn a handful of phrases in the local language before you travel. This may come in handy if you find yourself in a soup! It also makes a huge difference in how you experience the country.
- Look for local and historical experiences unique to the destination to get some genuine taste of the culture.
FAQs about traveling in May
European countries like Spain, Austria, Italy, Germany, and France are the warmest places to visit in May.
The best countries to visit in April 2021 include Germany, Norway, Ireland, and Botswana.
May is the onset of summers in the Northern Hemisphere. Depending on your country of choice, pack breathable clothing, a comfortable pair of sports shoes, sunscreen, and a sun hat. Make sure to carry a few warm clothes in case the weather gets chilly.
India, Nepal, Singapore and Dubai are good choices for a family vacation in May.
The UK, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Turkey, and Madagascar have many kid-friendly attractions that make them the best places to visit in May with kids.
Couples looking to travel in May can opt for Maldives, Seychelles, French Polynesia, Russia, Turkey, Cambodia, Croatia, Greece, and Morocco. Each of these cities has a host of exciting adventures for couples, such as hot air balloon rides in Cappadocia (Turkey), snorkeling in the Maldives, diving in Seychelles, and a unique nightlife experience in Siem Reap (Cambodia).
India, Nepal, Cambodia, Laos, Georgia, Mexico, Egypt, Vietnam, Sri Lanka are some of the budget-friendly countries to travel to in May.
Since May is the onset of summers in the European continent, any place you choose in Europe- Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, Greece, France, Spain, or Italy will be good for vacations in May. Here's our complete list of the best places to visit in Europe in May.
The best Asian destinations to visit in May are Uzbekistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Japan.
South Africa, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Botswana, Egypt are the best countries in Africa to visit in May.
Fiji, Australia, and New Zealand are the best places in Oceania to visit in May.
Mexico, the United States of America (USA), St. Vincent & Grenadines, and the Bahamas, are the best places in North America to visit in May.
Peru, Brazil, Galapagos Islands in Ecuador, and Costa Rica are the best locations in South America to visit in May.