School’s out for most of the world during the month of August. This means the babel of high season hustle and rubbing shoulders with fellow travelers wherever you're headed. Whether you're looking for summer solace or a frenzy of outdoor activities, hiking and the likes - we've got you covered. 2020 summer was a no go, but this year looks a lot more optimistic with most countries reopening their borders. Here we come, summer!
18 Best Places to Visit in August
August marks summer in most countries so, expect lots of sunshine, blue beautiful beaches, and plan plenty of outdoor fun. From a hot air balloon ride in Turkey to scaling the Great Wall of China, or exploring the countryside in France - August is summer at it's best. If you are wondering where to travel in August, here are our top picks for the best places to visit in August.
Tips for your travel in August
- August marks peak tourist season for several countries. Make sure to book your trip in advance to avoid last-minute surge pricing.
- Check the Covid-19 restrictions for the country that you are traveling to as this will keep getting updated until the pandemic is in control.
- Carry comfortable and loose clothes, hats, raincoats, and light jackets. A few countries might experience harsh summers such as China and Israel while others Asian countries experience wet climate.
- Choose activities that help you experience the local culture and promote local businesses in the destination.
- Buy your attraction tickets online to avoid standing in lines and reduce the risk of getting infected with Covid-19.
- Buy flexible tickets that can be refunded or changed in case of travel emergencies.
FAQs about traveling in August
Portugal, Croatia, and the Netherlands are the best countries to visit in August due to their cool and pleasant climate.
Most countries are partially open in August but you will need to check whether they allow tourists from your country for non-essential traveling.
Ecuador, Turkey, Israel, and Portugal are the best places to visit in August as they offer a wide range of activities to tourists at affordable prices. Here are other cheap places you to vacation in 2021.
Croatia, Turkey, and Austria are the best places to vacation in August as they are filled with natural scenery and beautiful attractions.
With many museums and options for outdoor activities, Austria is one of the best places to travel in August for a family vacation.
If you are traveling with kids, then France is one of the best places to visit in August as the kids can enjoy the museums and Disneyland here.
France, Turkey, and Botswana are the best places to travel in August for a couple’s vacation.
You will find France to be the cheapest place to fly in August.
Montana’s Glacier National Park with its numerous hiking trails, beautiful lakes, and majestic peaks is the best place to visit in the US in August.
In Asia, China and Turkey are the best countries to visit in August.
The best places to visit in August in Africa are Botswana and Zimbabwe.
Fiji and French Polynesia are the best places to visit in Oceania in August.
The United States of America is one of the best places to visit in August in North America.
In South America, Ecuador is one of the best places to travel in August.