Spending Christmas in London is truly a wonderful experience regardless of whether you’re a tourist or a resident. From exploring various Christmas markets and ice skating rinks to admiring the twinkling Christmas lights, there’s plenty to see and do. The festive spirit, however, is incomplete without witnessing some of the top Christmas shows in London.
Not sure which ones to catch? Our list of the best Christmas shows in London 2022 is here to help. Relive classic Christmas tales reimagined as entertaining musicals that are adored by kids and adults alike. This is pretty much all the wintertime inspiration you need!
Guide to the Best Christmas Shows in London
Top 3 Reasons to Watch West End Christmas Shows
There are a few reasons why watching Christmas theatre shows at the West End in London is a great idea. And bringing along your freinds and family for show is an even better idea!
- The city is home to some of the world's best theatres, so you can be sure to see a high-quality production.
- London's Christmas markets are some of the most festive and charming in the world, and provide the perfect backdrop for a festive day out.
- And finally, there's nothing quite like experiencing a classic British Christmas show in the heart of London!
Top Christmas Shows on West End London
Bring in the Christmas cheer with your family by grabbing tickets to these quintessentially Christmas-y shows! Best seats and best prices, only on Headout.
How to Buy London Christmas Show Tickets?
Christmas is the season of jolly, and frolic, and certainly nobody has the time to run behind tickets, or stand in a queue!
Which is why we've got it all covered for you with the best tickets at the best prices, and what's more is that you can always book the London Christmas Show Tickets long before Christmas or even a day before!
6 Things to Know Before Watching a Christmas Show in London
Christmas theatre shows in London can be a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit. Here are a few tips to make the most of your experience:
- Plan ahead. Many of the popular Christmas show tickets in London sell out quickly, so plan ahead to ensure you get tickets.
- Arrive early. If you want good seats, arrive early to get them before they fill up.
- Put your phones in silent mode to not disturb the audience.
- Try to read the synopsis of the show to understand the plot better.
- London's Christmas theatres shows are a fun and festive way to get into the holiday spirit, so enjoy the show!
- Finally, do not forget to bring your tickets/ QR codes for entry!
How to Dress for a Christmas Show in London?
Christmas theatre shows in London can be quite enjoyable. And if you're looking to dress up for these events, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Dress warmly. Even though the theatre may be warm, the streets of London will be cold, so dress warmly to avoid being chilly. Some theatres may also be quite cold, so make sure to bring a coat or wrap.
- It is generally recommended to avoid wearing anything too flashy or formal.
- Christmas theatre shows are typically more casual events, so it is best to stick with subdued colours and styles.
Other Things to do on Christmas in London
When: 16th Nov 2022 - 8th Jan 2023
Christmas transforms the magnificent Kew Gardens into a glittering trail. The venue puts together many sights inclusing the light and water display at the Palm House, and the Christmas Cathedral with dazzling lights, best for a festive group picture. The after-dark events can be a visual treat to watch with your family and friends, along with the greenery in the garden. Be sure to carry a good camera with you to click some festive pictures!
When: 12th Nov 2022 to 15th Jan 2023
Winter turns the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter site into a wonderland, with all the festive and snow-laden makeover. The wizarding world welcomes Christmas with flamming Christmas puddings and trees, decorated with the most marvellous baubles. The Hogwards in the snow event also features the return of the Yule Ball on the stage.
When: Open year round
Take the London by Night Bus Tour on Christmas eve or night, to watch London's popular spots including the Big Ben, the Tower of London, or Buckingham Palace in all its merry in the holiday spirits. If you're visiting London for the first time, this tour is your best bet for sightseeing while seeing the city celebrate Christmas!
When: 18th Nov 2022 to 2nd Jan 2023
Get into the giant wheel to get a glimpse of the twinkling city, or skate at the UK's largest outdoor rink at the Winter Wonderland at the Hyde Park in London. Featuring ice-sculpted alleys, and ice slides at the Magical Ice Kingdom, if you're with kids, this is the best place to go. If not this, the Dr. Archibald VR experience, or circus show at the Park is sure to captivate everyone!
The best Christmas shows in London in 2022 are likely to be those that feature traditional holiday music and performances. Some popular examples include Swan Lake and Elf!. However, there are also a number of contemporary Christmas shows that can be enjoyable for audiences of all ages.
Prices for tickets to these Christmas shows vary depending on the production and venue. However, most shows will offer a variety of ticket prices, so there is likely to be something affordable for everyone.
Most of these Christmas shows will take place in December or early January. However, there may be a few productions that run later into January or even February. Be sure to check the show's website or box office for specific dates and times.
We always update our website with the best show tickets at the best prices, So be sure to check them out!
Yes, Christmas shows in London are a great way to get into the festive spirit and enjoy some quality family time. There are a variety of different types of shows available, each with their own unique benefits, and can be enjoyed by all.
So, there you have it - the best Christmas shows in London 2022 - 2023! Looking for some other information? Browse through our entire West End London collection.