Yas Island is one of the most popular tourist spots in Abu Dhabi. It is multi-purpose leisure, shopping, and entertainment center in the lap of luxury. It calls itself home to some of the most fascinating theme parks in the world. They include Ferrari World (harboring the world’s fastest roller coaster), Yas Waterworld, and Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi. Adding to the cool collection is the most anticipated opening of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi.
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi is set to open in 2022. The park will have six unique zones. What will be featured there are one of the world’s largest indoor aquariums, interactive exhibits, and thrilling rides. The theme unifying all the zones is 'One Ocean'. It reflects on the interconnectivity of all life on earth and the oceans. The marine-life theme park also houses animal research, rescue & rehabilitation center. The research center will serve as a hub for scientists to broaden their understanding of indigenous marine species in the Gulf. Once complete, this visually stunning park would offer an experience to broaden your knowledge and appreciation for marine life.
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
What And When To Except?
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi Construction And Design
The construction of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi started on December 13, 2016. Built on 183,000sqm, it leverages SeaWorld's 55 years of marine research, conservation, and animal welfare. The parent company, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has partnered with Miral to bring the park to Yas island. It aims to combine entertainment, thrill, and marine life conservation for visitors. As of today, more than 40% of the park has been constructed and is set to open by the end of 2022.
The magnificent project has a budget of 1.2 billion. It is among many other breathtaking creations of Miral. Miral is Abu Dhabi’s architect of creative, unique, and beautiful destinations. They handle the development and management of Yas Island. The exotic waterpark will add to Yas Island’s immersive attractions. SeaWorld Abu Dhabi is the newest park in over 30 years to be constructed by the parent company. Thus, making it capable of having the most modern technology and research implemented.
Why visit SeaWorld Abu Dhabi?
- This is the first SeaWorld Park to open in 30 years and the first outside North America. Hence, it is expected to fuse the most recent marine research and technology to create a revolutionary experience.
- It is set out to feature one of the world’s largest and the most innovative indoor aquariums.
- The SeaWorld is to be harbored beneath the Arabian Gulf.
- Animal lovers can help marine life rescue simply by visiting SeaWorld Abu Dhabi. Similar to SeaWorlds around the world, a part of the ticket sales will help fund the rescue and rehabilitate wildlife.
- The park will be home to six different realms with an overarching theme of “One Ocean”. It emphasizes the interdependence of the Oceans and humans on each other.
- SeaWorld provides an opportunity to interact with wonderful creatures of the Arabian Gulf. These animals include sea anemones, dolphins, dugongs among many more!
Exhibits at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
- The park will comprise two components, an amusement park, and a water park. While the rides are not revealed yet we can expect to see thrilling rides for adults and kids, nerve-grating roller coasters, and stimulator experiences. All with an overarching “One Ocean” theme.
- You can experience the breathtaking world beneath the Arabian gulf in a world-class aquarium. Furthermore, it is set out to be one of the biggest aquariums in the world featuring Hawksbill and Green Sea Turtles, Humpback Dolphins, Sea Snakes, various Shark species, and others in plain view.
- There is also going to be an interactive center where visitors can get up close and personal with marine life. Going by the website, perhaps visitors will get to pet, feed, and meet turtles, seals, sea lions, and dolphins.
The Research Center at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
One of the most important aspects of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi is its research center.The centre encapsulates their vision of increasing awareness about the different marine species. It will serve as an advanced knowledge hub for researchers, scientists, and marine conservationists. Further it will increase the number of animals that SeaWorld has provids aid to, which is around 37,000. Live studies will be conducted on indigenous Gulf species to expand the existing research on them. Besides being the first of its kind research center in the UAE, the center will focus entirely on the local marine environment.
Explore More at Abu Dhabi
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Your dose of travel fix - from hacks and deals to travel tips and everything in between, delivered monthly to your inbox
Visiting SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi Opening Dates
SeaWorld is set out to open at the end of 2022 in Abu Dhabi. However, the exact dates are not yet confirmed.
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi Location & Directions
It is located in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Here is how you can get there.
- By Bus: You need to take the 190 route bus to Yas Island via the Abu Dhabi Bus Station next to Al Wahda Mall. It spans a distance of 34 km and the travel is for 50 mins. If you are travelling from Dubai, head to the Dubai Al Ghubaiba Bus Station and then take the 190 Bus Route to Yas Island. It would take an additional 2 hours and span an additional distance of 150 km.
- By Taxi: Yas Island is conveniently located for those travelling by taxi. It is situated only 10 minutes and 12 km away from Abu Dhabi International Airport, and 25 minutes and 35 km away from Abu Dhabi. It is 45 minutes and 112 km away from Dubai.
Best Time to Visit SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
Abi Dhabi is notorious for having scorching summers. Therefore, it is best to avoid the summer months and visit Abu Dhabi in the winters, which are from December to March. If you want to avoid crowds, you must choose a weekday to travel. Starting your visit in the morning gives you plenty of time to explore and avoid the midday crowd as well.
Tips For Your SeaWorld Abu Dhabi Visit
- Carry sunscreen, especially in the summer months, if you don’t want to be roasted by the sun!
- Wear comfortable breathable clothes and slippers.
- Bring your favourite swimwear to enjoy the water rides. The swimwear should not have zipper pockets or buttons.
- Make sure you choose winter months to travel to Abu Dhabi as the sun can be quite unforgiving in the hotter months.
- Outside food is not allowed on Yas island. Hence, make sure you have your stomachs full before entering.
- Drink lots of water throughout your trip so that you do not get dehydrated.
- Sunhats and goggles are also a good idea, especially in the summers.
- There are usually no restrictions when it comes to clothes in Abu Dhabi. However, since Yas Island is a family-friendly zone, it is advisable to wear appropriate clothes.
Dining near SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
Yas Island has many options for dining inside the Yas Mall. You can get whatever your heart craves from fast food, ice-creams, chocolates, to full meals from various cuisines. Here are some restaurants you can check out in Yas Mall.
Dive into authentic Indian cuisine, but with a twist! This exotic Indian restaurant combines traditional North Western cuisine, Indian home-style cooking, and a new age fusion selection. Asha's restaurant provides a vibrant and warm atmosphere for you to enjoy Indian delicacies.
Texas de Brazil is a Texan-Brazilian restaurant that combines the flavors of Brazil with the generous, larger-than-life spirit of Texas. It is a paradise for meat lovers and is perfect for family meals.
Taqado is a Tex-Mex restaurant serving customizable dishes inspired by Texas and Mexico. You can go here for quick bites of Nachos, Quesadillas, and Churros, or full meals such as Burritos, Tacos, and Mexican rice.
Hotels near SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
Stay over on the coolest Island with the most attractive attractions and outdoor parks. Below are some of the top recommended hotels in Yas Island.
W Abu Dhabi is an ultra-luxurious hotel located in the heart of Yas Island. It showcases Abu Dhabi’s history, heritage, and culture in a modern, fashionable, and architecturally breathtaking manner.
Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi hotel makes for a perfect family stay on Yas Island. It has beautiful rooms and a fun outdoor BBQ brunch where kids can dine for free. Squash court, swimming pool, gym center, etc are also available here.
Radisson Blu Hotel is a prime location for relaxation and adventure on Yas Island. Play golf, dip into the gorgeous Arabian gulf, enjoy the pool, spa, fitness center, and more at this hotel.
Things To Do Near SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World is the world’s first Ferrari-branded theme park in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. The theme park spreads across 86,000 square meters and was inaugurated in November 2010. It harbors the world’s fastest roller coaster, the Formula Rossa. Other thrilling rides include G-force, Fiorano GT Challenge, Flying Aces, and even a ride in an actual Ferrari. It is one of the best places to visit in the U.A.E suitable for car enthusiasts and adventure lovers alike. So fasten your seatbelts and enjoy your ride in Ferrari World, Yas Island.
Spread over 37 acres, Yas Waterworld is one of the biggest water parks in the world. Yas Waterworld offers the ultimate water adventure where visitors can enjoy more than 40 rip-roaring rides, slithering slides, and amazing experiences at different thrill levels catering to the whole family. The park flaunts an impressive accolades archive including World’s leading water park for the years 2018 and 2019. It is a paradise for water lovers and adventure seekers alike and has many thrilling rides. Some of the most popular ones include Sebag, Bandit Bomber, Bubbles Barrel, and Rush Rider.
3Warner Bros Studios
Warner Bros Studios is an indoor amusement park on Yas islands featuring characters from the Warner Brothers universe. It is organized into six themed areas Gotham City, Metropolis, Cartoon Junction, Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch, and Warner Bros. Here you can experience 29 state-of-the-art exhilarating rides, interactive family-friendly attractions, and unique live entertainment. Some of the best rides here include, Fast and Furry-ous, Tom and Jerry: Swiss Cheese Spin, Batman: Knight Flight, and Justice League Warworld Attacks among many others. Don’t miss out on a chance to meet iconic characters such as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo, and Tom and Jerry, only at Warner Bros Studios.
4Yas Marina Circuit
Yas Marina Circuit is the iconic location in Yas Island is the where Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is held. It is the first Formula One track in the Middle East and has a whopping twenty-one corner twists. The circuit includes five grandstand areas Main Grandstand, West Grandstand, North Grandstand, South Grandstand, and Marina Grandstand. With a seating capacity of 60 and encompasses an area of 161.9 hectares, making it one of the largest in the world. The track has hosted some impressive shows including a two-day GP2 Asia Series test, an opening event for the Australian V8 Supercars series, and the Yas V8 400, in February 2010.
Yas Beach is a beautiful blue beach with crystal clear waters. Ideal for unwinding as well as adrenaline-rushing sports. It has white sands and natural mangrove surrounds making it breathtakingly beautiful. Engage in Volleyball, Jet Ski, Double Kayak, or simply lounge in the sand, Yas Beach caters itself to all moods. You can catch DJs performing foot-tapping beats on some evenings as well. No matter your preference, Yas beach is a must-visit for anyone going to Abu Dhabi.
6Kidzania Abu Dhabi
Kidzania is a perfect mixture of education and fun for kids aged 4-16. Here they learn about jobs, money, and life skills that can’t be taught inside the classroom. Here your kids can role-play whatever they want to be from bankers, detectives, doctors to actors. It also gives kids a chance to experience grown-up chores such as visiting the supermarket, employment office, and driving a car. Kidzania provides real-life experiences and combines education with fun, and makes for a unique experience.
Clymb is a unique adventure zone that provides all the thrills of outdoor activities such as rock climbing and skydiving but in an indoor space. The Clymb is home to the world’s tallest flight chamber whose dimensions are 32ft by 104ft. clymbing here will give you a flight experience like none other. It also has a kid-friendly flight simulator where they are accompanied by trained professionals. The indoor rock climbing walls are also divided into levels. You can span a simpler wall if you are a beginner or challenge yourself to the jagged summit if you are a professional.
Complete Guide To Yas Island Abu Dhabi
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi FAQs
All Your Questions Answered
Where is SeaWorld Abu Dhabi located?
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi is located on the Yas Islands of Abu Dhabi.
When is the official opening of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi?
The official opening of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi is at the end of 2022.
What kind of marine life will be at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi?
All animals at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will be obtained from carefully vetted and approved sources. It will uphold the highest levels of sustainability and welfare of animals which is.
What is the total cost of the SeaWorld Abu Dhabi project?
The budget for the construction of the SeaWorld Abu Dhabi project is 1.2 billion.
Who is leading the SeaWorld Abu Dhabi project?
Miral in partnership with SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is leading the SeaWorld Abu Dhabi project.
Will there be orcas at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi?
No, there will not be any orcas at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
How much will SeaWorld Abu Dhabi tickets cost?
The cost of the SeaWorld Abu Dhabi Ticket is not disclosed yet.
Are SeaWorld Abu Dhabi tickets available online?
SeaWorld Abu Dhabi Tickets are not available yet.
Can I purchase same-day tickets to SeaWorld Abu Dhabi?
Information regarding the SeaWorld Abu Dhabi tickets is not available yet.
Ready To Explore Abu Dhabi?
Check out our comprehensive guide of things to do in Abu Dhabi packed with itiniraries, tours, culture trips, best hotels, restaurants and a lot more.