Discover the mountainous town of Hatta situated in Dubai - an ultimate must-visit destination for all outdoor thrill-seekers! And what makes this place extra special is the Hatta Wadi Hub by Meraas that brings an unlimited range of fun, activities and experiences catering to all age groups!
Immerse in the rustic beauty of rugged mountains along with an array of outdoor rides, transforming the landscape into a perfect paradise for all adventure junkies! Find out all about the Hatta Wadi Hub activities, must-visit destinations, hotels, restaurants and more that have reopened after being closed for six months.
What is the Hatta Wadi Hub?
For a day out in the sun and a night under the stars, Hatta Wadi Hub is just where you need to head. Leave the glittering city of Dubai behind and head for the picturesque mountains of Hatta - with its rugged horizons and untamed natural beauty making for the perfect ecotourism adventure. The Hatta Wadi Hub is an ideal escape for the adventure and activity seeking visitors, offering a a wide range of experiences to suit every taste. You have both free and paid options from mountain biking to kayaking and zorbing. It's the real deal outdoor adventure that one ought to visit once in their lifetime!
Hatta Wadi Hub - Handy Information
Hatta Wadi Hub - Essential Information
Best time to visit - September to February
Suggested duration - 2 Days
Project started in - 2001
Closest airport - Dubai International Airport (DXB)
Hatta Wadi Hub Timings
Hatta wadi hub is open from 07:00am to 22:00pm daily between October 1st 2020 to April 30th 2021.
Top things to do at Hatta Wadi Hub
Hatta Wadi Hub Address
Sufayri - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Top 5 things to do at Hatta Wadi Hub
Whether you’re looking for family-friendly outdoor fun or challenging adventurous experiences - Hatta Wadi Hub promises to give you just that and more, tailoring to the needs of all thrill-seekers. Here is everything you need to know about the top things to do at Hatta Wadi Hub.
1Mountain Biking at Hatta Wadi Hub
For the adventure enthusiasts
Mountain biking at Hatta Wadi Hub is an adrenaline-pumping activity catering to all thrill-seekers. One of its major highlights is the mountainous area that is home to multiple cross-country cycle routes. The 52-km trail caters to all levels of ability, from beginners to experienced riders, giving a one-of-a-kind experience for all adventure junkies out there!
The trails are divided into various colours, with each determining a different level of challenge. While the green trails are suitable for beginners, the blue trail steps up the difficulty level for advanced riders. Red trails are for those who have extremely good off-road biking skills. Lastly, experts get to test their abilities on the challenging black trails.
- Age: Suitable for children 10 and above
- Height: Minimum 120 cm
2Hiking in the Hajar Mountains
For the trek lovers
Hatta, surrounded by the Hajar mountains' peaks and troughs, makes it the perfect location to experience hiking. Trek near the borders of Oman along the winding wadis. Like biking trails, here you'll find different levels of hiking trails given equal opportunity for everyone to experience this fun activity.
The main highlight of hiking in Hatta is the varied terrain, allowing all hikers to explore beautiful lush wadis and sandy landscapes. Make your way down to the Hatta Wadi Hub to begin your hiking adventure at one of the most popular spots in UAE.
3Kayaking at Hatta Dam
For the water-sport enthusiasts
While Hatta Wadi Hub is known for its outdoor activities, Kayaking at Hatta remains one of the must-do experiences when visiting the region. Kayaking on the lake formed by the Hatta Dam is now easily accessible from Sedr Trailers Resort and also provides a breathtaking view where visitors can enjoy the turquoise waters along with the mountains for a relaxing experience.
You can opt for a single or double kayak, or a pedalo or donut boats that can accommodate up to 3-4 adults.
- Kayak: Double and single kayaks available
- Pedalo: Pedalo boats can fit up to 3 adults and 1 child with a shade
- Donut Boats: Capacity for 4 adults and 2 children
4Horseback Riding in Hatta
For the equestrians
Horseback riding falls among the top Middle East outdoor experiences and is a must-try when visiting Hatta Wadi Hub. Explore beautiful landscapes of the region while spending a day out with your family and friends riding majestic horses near the mountains, lakes and wadis.
You can choose from Hatta Horses or Hatta Fort Horses, both offering horseback riding on stunning Arabian horses while taking in the stunning sights of Hatta.
- 30 mins – AED 50
- 1 hour - AED 100
- 1:30 mins - AED 130
- 2 hours – AED 200
5Paragliding in Hatta
For the love of flying!
Gear up to paraglide 500-feet up in the air to immerse in a stunning birds-eye view of the landscapes of Hatta. Float in the sky, hanging with the parachute to see everything from rocky mountains, lush green arenas to wadis for a one-of-a-kind experience. Feel the excitement rush through your body as you board this adrenaline-packed sports activity at Hatta Wadi Hub!
Paragliding at Hatta is suitable for everyone 18 years and above. Those under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult. The cost for a 15 min flight is AED 650.
More Outdoor Adventures at Hatta Wadi Hub
The list of things to do will not be complete without covering some of the other adventurous activities offered at Hatta Wadi Hub. Here is a sneak peek into the fun outdoor rides that you shouldn't miss out on!
1 Hatta Drop-in
Get ready to go down multiple slides to launch 15 meters high up in the air at a speed of 40-80kmph before you fall straight into a plunge pool! Hatta Drop-in is one of the most thrilling activities at Hatta Wadi Hub and is a must-try for all adventure junkies!
Gel Ball takes the paintball experience to a whole new level. Unlike the pain and the massive mess made during paintball, here you'll be given safety gears and a high powered gel ball gun. The mission is simple! Hit your opposing team until the smoke pops!
Enjoy a hillside experience where you'll get to board a tube that glides down a grass slide at an exciting speed as you make your way down from the top! Choose between a single ride or attach your tube to a friend's to begin the adventure together!
If you had to choose one ride amongst all the activities - Zorbing, without a doubt, should be your go-to experience. Go crazy as you roll down the hill in a giant plastic ball catered to both first-timers and experts. Ask the team to allow your friend in if you're even feeling extra adventurous!
Want to elevate your Zorbing experience? Then Football Zorbing is the way to go! Get into giant inflatable 'hamster balls' that only cover your upper body and head where you'll get to run free, bumping into your friends for a game of absolute fun!
Archery, UAE's favourite sport can now be enjoyed at Hatta Wadi Hub thanks to its specially built zone that introduces five lanes and a target distance of 10 meters. Whether you're a beginner or a professional - this exciting activity caters to all skill levels!
Run by experts, Axe throwing is a first of its kind experience in the UAE. The activity aims at giving a fun yet safe experience as you get your hands on 680g of whirling wood and metal whilst having a friendly battle with your loved ones!
Get ready for a thrilling experience where you get the chance to roll or race down the mountains with your friends on purpose-built, 3-wheeled downhill carts while enjoying an incredible view of the Hatta backdrop. What's more? You don't require any prior experience.
Let loose and feel free as you jump with joy over the trampoline net catered exclusively for kids! Tag your friends along to bounce up in the air to do all your favourite poses and challenge yourself to stay on your feet!
Bring out the inner child in you by hopping on a large trampoline made exclusively for adults! Move, jump and bounce the way you like for non-stop laughter and fun, guaranteeing an entertaining experience for all!
Take a step back to appreciate Hatta's natural beauty by walking on suspended net footbridges. This fun activity allows visitors to enjoy the natural sites of Hatta as they look down, suspended midair.
Board the Twin 350-meter zip line to enjoy a breathtaking view as you make your way down from the top of the hill straight to the activity centre. The level of difficulty is low, making it suitable for all thrill-seekers out there!
13Wall Climbing (Coming Soon)
Featuring 4-5 lanes with varying difficulty levels, the Wall Climbing activity brings an adventurous experience catering to all age groups! It is specially constructed and includes protective gears and equipment for a safe experience.
14Cannon (Coming Soon)
Board the ultimate human slingshot that involves high up in the air at a speed of 100 km/hr. The activity takes the bungee jumping experience to a whole new level and invites all thrilling seeking enthusiasts for a one-of-kind adventure.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Your dose of travel fix - from hacks and deals to travel tips and everything in between, delivered monthly to your inbox
Other things to do in Hatta
There's a lot more to Hatta than the Hatta Wadi Hub. Mountains, wadis, farms, dams and pure natural bliss is what Hatta truly represents! Check out all about what to do and places to explore when visiting the beautiful landscapes of Hatta.
Hatta's spectacular landscape is home to not just adventure enthusiasts but also to all explorers as well! Be it marvelling at the beautiful scenery, kayaking at Hatta Reservoir, conquering the Hajar Mountains, cycling through rocky hills or even trekking through traditional farmland - the land of Hatta has a lot to offer!
Travel back in time to unfold the UAE's oldest archaeological areas. Witness Bronze Age burial sites that date more than 3,000 years, where you'll get to see pots, copper-made arrowheads, rock paintings and lots more. Not to forget covering Hatta's present, be it spending a day relaxing by the Swan Lake, exploring Hatta Hill Park or visiting Hatta Falaj - the traditional water system that can be traced back to the 1800s.
Hatta Honey ranks as the biggest Honey producers in the region. With over 25 years of experience, along with state-of-the-art technology - this experience gives a fun and educational insight into the life of bees and how they function through fun activities and workshops.
Hatta Rock Pools also known as Hatta Secret Pool is a hidden emerald pool where you can swim through its slender, rocky corridors surrounding spectacular waterfalls and mountainous scenery. It is around 2.6 Km away from Hatta Fort and has cool waters throughout the year. Note: If you're not an expert swimmer, make sure to carry floats.
Perhaps the last thing you might expect to see in the middle of the Hatta is some street art. But, did you know the world's largest inclined mural - a portrait of the founding fathers of the UAE is located near Hatta Dam? It was painted as a part of Dubai's Street Art Project and the mammoth image portrays the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and the late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum.
12 Things To Do In Hatta Dubai For An Unforgettable Trip
Hotels in Hatta
Hatta Wadi Hub accommodation experience is taken to a whole new level by bringing a wide variety of options for visitors to choose from. Be it staying in a luxurious resort, having a fun sleepover in a super cosy caravan or spending a night in comfortable trailers - there is something for everyone.
Get a unique Hatta Wadi Hub camping experience along the banks of Hatta Dam in a cosy yet luxurious trailer! Don't worry about parking your car - you can simply leave your vehicle at the reception and make your way to the Sedr trailer set in the wilderness.
Enjoy a comfortable stay in purpose-built lodges situated over the incredible Hatta Mountains overlooking the village and the Hatta Wadi Hub activity park. Not only do you have access to all basic hotel amenities, but you can also instantly transport back into nature as you step outside the lodge.
Hatta Camping is perfect for all outdoor enthusiasts who crave to experience nature and vibrant culture amidst beautiful landscapes while being in the comfort of your own caravan or tent. Get surrounded by beautiful lush green gardens to breathe in the fresh air and relax during your one-of-a-kind Hatta Wadi Hub camping trip!
Set at the mountain top overlooking the breathtaking surrounding of Hatta's surroundings, this one's truly close to nature From having a heated pool, sunbeds, cosy living spaces to housing 3 large double bedrooms, equipped kitchen, BBQ area and even a TV entertainment system - Hatta Terrace is a magical experience for a large group.
As the name suggests, Happiness Farm Hatta - brings in a bundle of joy by creating the perfect setting to accommodate large family get-togethers. Be is barbecuing outdoors, chilling by the swimming pool, or playing a game of foosball or billiards - there are lots for you to explore at this self-catered farmhouse!
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to escape into a cute and cosy little farmhouse. While the Sunrise Farm Hatta has beautiful interiors, what stands out is it's jaw-dropping outdoors. From an elevated swimming pool to numerous patios, the farm sets a gorgeous view across the property for visitors to enjoy.
From housing, large pools to the kids play area and stables comprising a variety of horses and cattle - the Palm House Hatta gives a modern twist to your ordinary farmhouse. With contemporary architecture contrasting the rugged rural landscape of Hajar mountains, the farmhouse is a luxury gateway that can accommodate up to 8 people.
Step into Dubai's Only Mountain Resort set amidst the majestic Hajar Mountains. Here you'll get a chance to sink into natural beauty while engaging in a wide range of adventurous experiences. For those who are interested in a "resort" like experience, this one's the best option in town.
Alberi Lodge offers the perfect getaway to take some time out with your family and friends. Enjoy the greenery along with the stunning Hatta landscape, not to forget, the pool, outdoor picnic, BBQ area, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, lake, WiFi - making it the perfect escape route to step away from the buzzing city life of Dubai.
Shopping at Hatta Wadi Hub
Bring home a part of Hatta by collecting your favourite souvenir available only at Hatta Wadi Hub. Here is a list of shopping experiences that you need to know!
Shop for Local Products : Hatta is widely popular for its local produce. Be it making fresh honey, dairy or coffee - the local farmers work towards bringing out some of the best homemade food products! Don't miss out on a chance of picking up a souvenir or a gift for your loved ones whilst making a visit to the Hatta Wadi Hub.Souvenir Shopping : Make your trip to Hatta Wadi Hub an experience to remember by grabbing some of the best souvenirs from Hatta Wadi Shop and Hatta Mountain Biking & Hiking Shop. Whether you're looking for some high-quality outdoor goods and equipment or wish to purchase T-shirts, caps and bottles - the Merchandise store at Hatta Wadi Hub has lots to offer for all age groups!
Hatta Wadi Hub Restaurants
Explore local cuisines and dishes packed with flavourful ingredients and authentic Arabic species at Hatta Wadi Hub. Check out the top food truck and dining services to make the most out of your experience at Hatta!
- Alberi Cafe: Head down to Hatta's latest pop-up truck to experience a wide variety of mixed brews, served both cold and hot to sip and enjoy amidst the gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
- Sedr Bites: From delicious breakfasts to wraps and snacks, Sedr Bites brings an array of fresh and fast food catered exclusively for in-house guest staying at Sedr trailer park.
- Adrina: Get ready to indulge in some mouthwatering Italian cuisine at Adrina. Be it pizzas, pasta, risottos or classic Italian sandwiches - the delicious menu offers something for everyone.
- Doner Race Sandwich: For all you true meat lovers out there, this food truck is your true calling. Get your hands on some delicious Doner sandwiches before going on a big hike or enjoy fresh salads or Saj if you're a light eater.
- Damani Bites: From breakfast, pastries and hot drinks to burgers, wraps and quick snacks, this food truck is packed with flavourful and delicious dishes that guarantees to blow your mind.
- Al Hajarain: Situated at Hatta Heritage Village, Al Hajarain brings you some of the best Emirati cuisines combining fresh Hatta ingredients, giving a unique experience for all visitors.
- Al Yamm Cafe: Be it enjoy a traditional Arabic breakfast or sipping red tea - Al Yam Cafe brings freshly prepared food and drinks that can be enjoyed whilst relaxing under the trees and shades of the Hatta Wadi park.
- Bab Alsham: Serving both meat and vegan options, the restaurant gives authentic Syrian/Lebanese cuisine catering to all taste buds. From hummus dips to BBQ specialities, you can enjoy a wide variety of options whilst enjoying the beautiful view of the Hajar mountains.
- Hatta Wadi Hub Cafe: Take a quick break from non-stop adventurous activities to quench your thirst by drinking some freshly brewed coffee or a classic lemon iced tea from the Hatta Wadi Hub Cafe.
- Tanoor Restaurant: End your day at Hatta Wadi Hub by enjoying a hearty and traditional Emirati meal at Tanoor Restaurant. Gorge on savoury specialists, be it chicken, lamb, camel or even full sheep meal for an unforgettable experience at the park.
Foodtrucks: Take a break to fuel your hunger between activities.
Local Restaurants : Having partnered with some of the best local restaurants, Hatta Wadi Hub offers a wide variety of options and satisfying food experiences to suit every palate.
Plan Your Visit to Hatta Wadi Hub
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, it is highly encouraged to make your Hatta Wadi Hub reservation well in advance before arriving at the venue. Here is a handy guide that will help you plan your visit to Hatta!
Hatta Wadi Hub Opening Hours
October 1st 2020 to April 30th 2021 : 7 AM - 10 PM
Hatta Wadi Hub Location
Hatta is situated on the east side of the Emirates within Dubai and is about 90 minutes drive from Dubai Airport. Address: Sufayri - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Getting to Hatta Wadi Hub
- Public Transport: You can take buses from Sabkhka, Bus Station 1 to Hatta Wadi Hub. Tickets cost AED 24 - AED 35 and the journey takes 2h 12m.
- Car: From Dubai to Hatta Wadi Hub by car, it takes approximately 90 mins. The best route from Dubai is from E102 via E11. This route is easy to navigate and has beautiful scenic views of the Sharjah desert and the Hatta mountains as you cruise the winding roads.
- Taxis - RTA taxis and Ubers are easily available from Dubai to Hatta Wadi Hub, though there are the most expensive option. One way fare could be anywhere between AED 250 to AED 320.
Best time to visit to Hatta Wadi Hub
Hatta is all about outdoor adventure, so naturally UAE summers are out of question! For the ultimate comfort, aim for a spring or autumn trip, when you can spend all day outside without getting a heatstroke! Irrespective, make sure you bring sufficient water with you if you plan to hike or a mountain bike.
Facilities & Amenities to Hatta Wadi Hub
- To ensure maximum safety, 24-hour security is provided at Hatta Wadi Hub
- During your stay, you’ll have access to a common area with a fire pit and BBQ making the most out of your outdoor experience.
Limitations at Hatta Wadi Hub
Due to rough terrain, there is no Wheelchair access
Considering the mountainous location, Wi-Fi can be slow surrounding the Hatta region
Insider Tips your Hatta Wadi Hub visit
- If you're visiting Hatta during winters, make sure to pack warm clothes as this mountainous region is cooler than Dubai
- To make the best of your time here, it is advisable to stay for a minimum of 2 days so that you can cover most activities they have to offer.
- Mountain biking in Hatta is not for the faint hearted. Professional biking experience is required.
- Avoid swimming in the Hatta rock pools during bad weather, as the water levels tend to fluctuate.
- You can take your dogs with you for Kayaking in Hatta, as long as you have full control of your animal. The dog must also wear a life vest and stay inside the kayak at all times.
- Being a mountainous region, it is not entirely safe to drive around or engage in adventerous activities post sunset. If you're driving back to Dubai or Abu Dhabi on the same day, make sure you leave before it gets dark as the roads are not safe for night driving.
- The best time to engage adventure sports is during the early mornings when there aren’t as many people crowding around and the sun is not too harsh
- Horse riding in Hatta stops during the summer months and restarts every October. Plan your visit accordingly if you're interested in horse riding here.
- Hatta has a thriving vintage CD and cassette business with more than a handful of tiny music stores in the town, all with faded window posters that are packed floor to ceiling with eclectic music collections. Audio Records next to Hatta Hypermarket is a great place to pick up some traditional Khalaji tunes or fancy giving some lesser-known Omani artists a whirl.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hatta Wadi Hub
Hatta Wadi Hub open daily from 9 AM - 7 PM.
Hatta Wadi Hub is situated 3km away from the main Hatta Fort roundabout and can be easily reached using public transportation, cars and taxis.
- Public Transport: You can take buses from Sabkhka, Bus Station 1 to Hatta Wadi Hub.
- Car: The best route from Dubai is from E102 via E11.
- Taxis - Though expensive, RTA taxis and Ubers are easily available from Dubai to Hatta Wadi Hub.
Most activities are accessible for ages 6+ however, some of the more thrilling activities are limited to ages 16+.
Yes, all activities shut down temporarily during bad weather. However, activities such as Hiking, Mountain Biking and Kayaking remain open during the rain at the customers own risk. It is recommended you check the weather forecast before planning your visit.
Yes, you can camp at the Hatta Camping Grounds - an open area that allows campers to pitch their tents. One can use the Hatta Wadi Hub washrooms while camping here.
Hatta has its own police station and ambulance service located 5 mins from the Hatta Wadi Hub.
Biking kits including protection and bikes are available for rent at Hatta Wadi Hub. Hiking equipment is not provided on-site. BBQ equipment can be bought from the local supermarket in the Hatta village. There are BBQ huts that can be rented at the Hatta Wadi Hub.
The Hatta Wadi hub can be accessed by wheel chair, however the resorts require assistance with a buggy or hotel vehicle as they are located on rocky terrain.
While Hatta Wadi Hub is accessible by baby stroller, the resorts are not. Only strollers with large wheels can manage the rocky terrain around the resorts.
Yes, there is free WI-FI at the Hatta Wadi Hub, but due to being surrounded by a mountainous range, Wi-Fi speed can vary considerably.
Hatta shares a border with Oman, but Hatta Wadi Hub is in UAE (Dubai)
For the ultimate comfort, aim for a spring or autumn trip, when you can spend all day outside without getting a heatstroke! Irrespective, make sure you bring sufficient water with you if you plan to hike or a mountain bike.