The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in Midtown Manhattan was the first museum dedicated to the modern age, opening in 1929. From groundbreaking European sculptures and paintings of the 1880s to today's film, design, and performance art - MoMA's broad and varied collection offers a comprehensive overview of modern and contemporary art. This wonderful venue has two exits, one of which can be used as the entrance as well. Here’s everything you need to know about MoMA entrances and how to best enter this museum with zero hassles.
Entrance & Exit to MoMA in New York | Quick Guide
MoMA Entrance - 53rd Street Entrance
Presently, this is the only entrance to MoMA available to the public. This entrance is easily accessible via public transport and provides you with a secure way to enter MoMA.
- Location: 40 W 53rd St, New York, NY 10019, United States
- Timings: 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Avg wait time: 15 mins
- Closest exhibition: Reuse, Renew, Recycle: Recent Architecture from China at the 1 South gallery
- Parking: ICON Parking on 1330 Sixth Avenue. It has entrances between Fifth and Sixth avenues and costs $35 for up to four hours. You can also opt for The 1345 Garage on 101-41 W. 54 St. It costs $24 for up to four hours.
MoMA Exit - 54th Street Exit
The 54th Street Exit to the MoMA is located on West 54th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. This exit allows a crowd-free way to leave this popular establishment.
- Location: 42-2 W 54th St, New York, NY 10019, USA
- Timings: 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Buy your MoMA entrance ticket online and save time (and money!)
Getting To Museum of Modern Art NYC
Car - You can reach MoMA by entering the address, 11 W 53rd St, New York, NY 10019, United States, into your GPS and following the directions. It is located on West 53rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue.
Bus - You can get down at 6th Ave & W 53rd St or 5th Ave & West 54 St bus stop and take a short walk to the MoMA.
Subway - You can get down at the 5 Avenue-53 St Station, 7 Avenue Station, or the 57 Street station to get to MoMA.
- The 53rd Street entrance of MoMA is located on West 53rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. It is located a short walk away from all public transport stops and has parking garages nearby.
- The 54th Street exit of MoMA is located on West 54th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. This particular facility can only be used to exit NYC MoMA.
- The best way to reach MoMA without dealing with New York traffic is by taking the subway.
- The 53rd street entrance is just east of MoMA’s Museum Store. The Design store is a must-visit whether you choose to purchase anything or not. Factor that into your visit plan.
- Entry is only for those with timed tickets. It’s best to book tickets online and in advance.
- Please arrive during the 30-minute window of your timed ticket.
All Your Questions About MoMA Entrances Answered
How many MoMA entrances are there?
There is one MoMA entrance, located on 53rd street. All other entrances are for staff only. They, however, also have an exit on 54th street.
How much does the MoMA entrance fee start at?
The MoMA entrance fee starts at $25 for adults.
Which is the main NYC MoMA entrance?
The main NYC MoMA entrance is on West 53rd Street.
Until what time is the MoMA entrance open?
The MoMA entrance is open until 5:30 PM.
Which MoMA entrance is wheelchair friendly?
Both 53rd and 54th street entrances have power-assist doors and are wheelchair friendly.