Built on an archipelago of 118 Islands on the Adriatic Sea, Venice or Venezia is a remarkable 1,700 year old city, a charming potpourri of artistic and cultural influences from all around the world. Often called the Floating City and quite rightly so, Venice is a set of garden islands on the Venetian Lagoon with over 150 meandering canals connected by 400 bridges. This exquisite city being a vehicle free zone is explored best by foot or by boats. Your chances of hailing a cab to get from one place to the other is practically nada. That said, the waterways in Venice are very well connected and are literally considered the arteries of the city. If you’re looking to explore and exploit your vacation to Venice to its maximum, the Venice Hop on Hop off Bus Tour is your most economical and convenient bet.
Hop On Hop Off Venice Pass
The Hop on Hop Off Venice comes in 2 variants - 1 day pass and 2 day pass. You can opt for either based on the duration of your stay in Venice and your appetite for exploring the city.
A few things to remember :
- Unlike the Hop On Hop Off services in other countries, the Venice Hop On Hop Off Boat Tour has only 1 route/line.
- The route for both the passes remain the same.
- You can hop on and hop off as many times as you’d like within a day with either pass.
- The 48 hour variant is mostly preferred as it allows a more leisurely approach.
Hop On Hop Off Venice Boat Tour Route
Hopping onto a Rhapsody Red Boat and soaking in the beauty of Venice while gliding on the lagoon is uniquely fascinating. Everyone’s been on a Hop on Hop off Bus at some point in their life, but a Hop on Hop Off Boat ride is a rarity. If you want to ticket this off your bucket list, take a look at the route that the Hop on Hop Off Venice follows and decide for yourself.
- Calatrava Bridge
- Jewish Ghetto
- Madonna dell’ Orto
- St. Mark Square
- Doge’s Palace
- Procuratie and Ala Napoleonica
- Bridge of Sighs
- Rialto Bridge
- Torre dell'Orologio
- St. Mark’s Basilica
- Museo Correr
- San Zaccaria
- The Oasis of Alberoni
- Lido Beach
- Church Of San Nicolò Al Lido
- Viale Santa Maria Elisabetta
- Tempio Votivo Church
- Ancient Jewish Cemetery
- The Village of Malamocco
- Museo del Vetro
- Basilica di Santa Maria e San Donato
- Mazzega Glass Factory
- Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Palazzo da Mula
- Basilica of Santa Maria dell Salute
- Galleria dell’ accademia
- Fondazione Emilio e Annabianca Vedova
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- Societa Veneziana di Concerti
- Musica A Palazzo
- Chiesa del Santissimo Redentore
Download the Hop on Hop Off Venice map here.
Frequency, Timings and Duration
- If you're traveling to Venice in between 2nd November 2017 to 23rd March 2018, check their winter schedule. This is considered off season, hence the HOHO is less frequent and can be availed every 60 to 90 minutes from each stop.
- If you're traveling to Venice in between 24th March 2018 to November 1st 2018, check their summer schedule. This is peak season, hence the HOHO can be availed every 40 minutes from each stop.
The timings for Hop On Hop Off Venice change as per the season.
- From 2nd November 2017 to 23rd March 2018, the first HOHO for the day departs from Santa Lucia Railway station at 9:06 AM and the last HOHO leaves Santa Lucia Railway Station at 5:51 PM
- From 24th March 2018 to November 1st 2018, the first HOHO for the day departs from Santa Lucia Railway station at 8:50 AM and the last HOHO leaves Santa Lucia Railway Station at 7:54 PM
- The Hop On Hop Off Boat Tour will not operate on 25th December and 1st January
- If you are to get on a Hop On Hop Off Boat Tour and explore Venice from the sea without deboarding, you will reach back Santa Lucia Railway Station in approximately 150 minutes
Advantages of Venice Hop On Hop Off Boat Tour
- Create your itinerary and steer clear of planning your transportation - The Hop On Hop Off Venice Bus Tour route has very strategically included almost all the prime spots of attraction. All you have to do is pick and choose the ones you’d like to see, explore them to your heart’s fullest and hop back onboard as and when you finish. During peak season ( March - August) , you may have to queue up outside the boat taxi counter for at least 15 minutes to get a ticket for a 5 minute vaporetto ride.
- Engage in an audio guided walking tour - Your tickets give you each an audio guide in 5 languages ( Italian, English, French, Spanish, German) With this in hand, you will rest assured have a more informed tour around Venice. This audio guide comes in the form of a mobile app so you easily plug it on and get exploring.
- Hop On and Hop Off whenever you want, wherever you want - Though this is the most basic rule of any HOHO, the one in Venice too gives you all the freedom to move in and out of any halt.
- A single ticket that takes care of your sightseeing + transport - Venice is one of the most crowded cities in Europe especially during peak season. Not to forget, that Venice is certainly an expensive affair and not so easily to travel on a shoestring budget. So, save yourself time, money energy and a lot of frustration by picking up the Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour which sorts your travel at a minimal cost. You could buy a combo of a Venice Museum Pass along with the Hop on Hop Off Bus Tour, or St Mark’s City Pass or individual tickets of attractions you’d like to visit to make this really worth your time. That way, you do not have to worry about your travel and you can skip the lines in most attractions. You can cover maximum ground with least hassle and truly experience the charm of Venice without haggling with gondoliers or standing in 45 minute long queues.
- Expert local guide onboard - What better than a guide with you throughout your journey to ask questions to, to learn from and get local handy tips from? All the while you're onboard, your guide will be giving a running commentary on your surroundings and what you could do once you deboard. Listen to him and learn more about Venice than from any physical guide you can get your hands on.
- Free Wifi onboard - The Venice Hop On Hop Off Boat Tour provides free wifi onboard, so get your Instagram Feed up to date and upload stories galore. That apart, you can also use the Wifi to read up a little about the stop you're approaching and how to get from there to the attraction you have in mind.
- Free Discount Coupons - With your Hop On Hop Off Venice ticket, you get 2 discount coupons.
- Discount of 8% in Restaurant F30
- Discount of 20% at the Yalos Murano Glassware on showing the adult ticket
Hop On Hop Off Venice Boat Tour - Tickets
Hop On Hop Off Boat Tour Venice
• Explore the Queen of Adriatic through its mysterious canals and towering bridges
• Get access to all 5 stops on the Boat Tour and hop on and hop off anytime
• Visit over 25 prime attractions in Venice without having to worry about your travel from one place to the other
• Enjoy the flexibility of hopping on and off as many times during your chosen schedule of 24 hours or 48 hours.
• Use the free visitor guide map to explore the city fully and save time without worrying about organizing your travel
Venice Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour - Visitor Information & Tips
- For safety reasons, luggages, awkward bags, big backpacks or builky baggages are strictly prohibited onboard
- The Hop On Hop Off Boat is wheelchair friendly and those with disabilities can board the boat with a footboard and a dedicated space for wheelchair.
- You are allowed to bring in small and medium domestic animals onboard provided the driver allows entry ( driver holds complete discreation to deny an animal onboard). If you so bring your pet onboard, you are solely responsible for the safety of other passengers from any harm caused by the animal and for any damage caused by the animal.
- Pre-plan the places you'd like to visit at each stop. Also have a vague idea of the time you'd like to board back from one point so that you don't spend too much time waiting for the Hop on Hop Off Boat at the dock.
- Comfortable shoes are highly recommended as there will be quite a bit of walking involved. From the dock, you have to make your way up and down bridges and cobbled streets to get from one place to the other.
- Come in early to catch your seat by the window. Clear views makes your travel all the more better.
- Check the weather forecast before setting off in the morning. Venice's weather can be pretty unpredictable, especially during winters. Better to be prepared with jackets, windcheaters, umbrellas or whatever the weather requires than to soil your day.