One of the largest theatres on Broadway, the Majestic Theatre opened in 1927 and has primarily been used to host big splashy musical numbers. The Majestic Theatre is located at 245 West 44th Street in Manhattan and was designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp. Created as part of an entertainment complex along with the Royale Theatre, Theatre Mosque and Lincoln Hotel, the Majestic Theatre opened in March 1927 with the musical Rufus LeMaire's Affairs. The theatre boasts a Spanish-style architecture, Adam style detailing within the auditorium, and steep stadium seating in the orchestra.
If you’re looking to catch the show!, our Majestic Theatre seating chart has all the information you could possibly need.
Now Playing at Majestic Theatre
Address: 245 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036
Seating Capacity: 1502
Orchestra : 700
Mezzanine : 410
Balcony : 350
Boxes : 16
Standing Room : 26
Check out the Majestic Theatre Seating Chart here.
Orchestra: There are steps to the Orchestra beginning with row I. There are no steps to the designated wheelchair seating location. There are no steps to rows AA through H.
Mezzanine: LocaLocated on the second level, up three flights (51 steps). On the Mezzanine level, there are approximately two steps up and down per row. Entrance to the Mezzanine is behind row G of the front Mezzanine.
Handrails: Available at every stepped row, except in the Mezzanine and Rear Orchestra, where handrails are only available on the far-side aisles.
Restroom: There is a wheelchair accessible restroom.
Accessible Seating: For ADA seating, call 212.239.6210. Orchestra: No steps to wheelchair designated seating. No steps to rows AA - H.
Water Fountain:Main Lobby. Spouts 36" and 44".
Assistive Listening System: Email Infrared@SoundAssociates.com or call 212.582.7678 to reserve in advance.
- While there are concession stalls available at the theatre, many past visitors have complained about the exorbitant prices of drinks and snacks. Have a quick bite before you enter the theatre to avoid overspending.
- There are additional restrooms available in the theatre but the queue is generally very long. To avoid missing the beginning of the second half of the show, visit the restroom before the show starts and not during the intermission.
- If you're considering seats in the rear mezzanine, steer clear of seats 11 and 13 in row D. There's a big railing in front of these seats, partially obstructing the view.
- New York is a busy city and it's very easy to get stuck in traffic. Plan to reach the theatre at least 45 minutes before the show starts.
Getting To Majestic Theatre
The Majestic Theatre is located at 245 West 44th Street, just a short walk from Times Square. Its central location places it close to hotels and popular attractions, and there are many restaurants and bars within walking distance to enjoy a pre-theater dinner or post-theater drinks. Nestled amongst the many venues in New York City’s famous Theater District, including the Shubert Theatre next door and Hayes Theater across the street, it is easily accessible by a variety of transport links.
The closest subway station is Times Square (42nd Street subway station) on the 1, 2, 3, 9, A, C, E and 7 lines. From here, it’s a short three minutes’ walk by turning right onto 7th Avenue and left onto West 44th Street.
Restaurants Near Majestic Theatre
- City Kitchen : Industrial-style marketplace with diverse food vendors offering global eats in a bustling setup.
- Sardi’s : This iconic, continental diner is lined with caricatures of showbiz celebrities making it a hit with locals and tourists alike.
- Junior’s : Serving fine deli fare with a BBQ, the deserts are the star attraction at Junior’s.
- Carmine's Italian Restaurant : Family-style Italian food is served in massive quantities in this no-frills diner.
- Orso : Orso in 322, West 46th Street, brings authentic Tuscan cuisine to New York.
FAQs: Majestic Theatre
The Majestic Theatre is a Broadway theater at 245 West 44th Street in the Theater District of Midtown Manhattan in New York City. Opened in 1927, the theater was designed by Herbert J.
The address of Majestic Theatre is 245 West 44th Street, Between Broadway and 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10036 United States.