Broadhurst Theatre | An Overview
Opened : 1917
Currently Playing : Jagged Little Pill
Longest Running Show: Amadeus
Box Office Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10am - 8pm | Sunday: 12 pm-6 pm
Number of Seats: 1163 seats | Orchestra (733 seats), Mezzanine (429 seats)
Available Facilities: Coat check, Accessible entrance, Wheelchair accessible seats, Accessible bathrooms, Hearing Assistance, Food Stall, Water fountain
A Brief History Of Broadhurst Theatre
Herbert J. Krapp designed the theater, and named it after the playwright George Howells Broadhurst. The theater officially opened with George Bernard Shaw's Misalliance's New York premiere on September 27, 1917. The theater has also been designated a landmark in New York City. Recent tenants include Les Misérables and 2008 revivals of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, with an all-African American cast including Terrence Howard, Anika Noni Rose, James Earl Jones, and Phylicia Rashad. The theatre is also notable for hosting Jerry Seinfeld's final performance of his original stand up material.
Best Seats in Broadhurst Theatre
Value for money
Orchestra Center fifth and sixth rows from the front and Mezzanine Center third and fourth rows from the front.
Best views of the stage
Orchestra Center and Mezzanine Center first three rows
Most expensive seats
Orchestra Center front seats
Interact with the Broadhurst Theatre Seating Chart before buying your tickets.
Currently Playing At Broadhurst Theatre
Jagged Little Pill
Aptly referred to as ‘God’s Favorite Musical’, "The Book of Mormon" was created by iconic duo, Matt Stone and Trey Parker (“South Park”), along with Robert Lopez (“Frozen”, “Avenue Q”). The story follows two young missionaries who are sent to Uganda to convert local citizens to the Mormon religion. A full-fledged adult musical, the show utilizes satire in the best possible way. Know More
Broadway Shows Screened at Broadhurst Theatre in the Past
May 30, 2019 - Jul 18, 2019
Apr 24, 2017 - Mar 21, 2019
Oct 20, 2016 - Jan 29, 2017
Apr 26, 2016 - May 29, 2016
Nov 15, 2015 - Feb 14, 2016
Apr 1, 2013 - Jul 13, 2013
Apr 22, 2012 - Jul 22, 2012
Facilities Available at Eugene O'Neill Theatre
- Accessible Entrance
- Wheelchair Accessible Seats
- Water Fountain
- Coat Check
- Hearing Assistance
- Concession Stands
- Not the entirety of the theater is wheelchair accessible. Just the designated seats have step-free access. Keep this information in mind when booking the tickets.
- The food stall sells products at a higher price. Get your eating and drinking done before you enter the theater.
- Go for the first rows of the orchestra and mezzanine level or the corner seats for some extra legroom.
- This theatre is known to be relatively warm. A casual sweater is however recommended during winters.
Getting To Broadhurst Theatre
Broadhurst Theater is located at the heart of Midtown Manhattan. If you plan to take the subway, there are plenty of train routes that you can choose from depending on your starting point. You can either ride the B, D, F, or M train to 42nd Street and 8th Avenue, 1,9 to 42nd Street and Broadway or take the N, Q, R, or W train to 42nd Street and 7th Avenue. Cabs can take you directly to the theater from any part of New York.
Parking Near Broadhurst Theatre
There are plenty of parking spaces near the theater, too. MPG Parking on West 44th Street or Meyers Parking (MP Times Square Garage) on West 45th Street are good parking choices around Broadhurst Theatre.
Hotels Near Broadhurst Theatre
Restaurants Near Broadhurst Theatre
- Playwright Celtic Pub: A pub straight from the dales of Ireland, the Playwright Celtic Pub is spread over 4-floors and roof.
- John’s of Times Square: Famous circa-1929 Village pizzeria slings trademark thin-crust pies in a soaring Midtown space.
- City Kitchen:Industrial-style marketplace with diverse food vendors offering global eats in a bustling setup.
- Junior’s Restaurant and Bakery: Cheesecakes are the star at this Brooklyn-themed locale with deli fare, BBQ, a full bar & patio.
- Sardi’s: This iconic, continental diner is lined with caricatures of showbiz celebrities making it a hit with locals and tourists alike.