Culture on Wheels
Get nostalgic about Dubai’s distinguished history with a tour of its most magnificent sites on a traditional trolley.
- Jump aboard the trolley and learn the true story of UAE from the Emirati guide.
- Ride through the Al Fahidi neighborhood for a glimpse into the bygone era of Dubai.
- Gain a wealth of knowledge about Dubai’s past from an experienced Emirati guide.
- Have an unforgettable time with the remarkable desert bedouin experience.
- Immerse yourself in the rich heritage, age-old customs, and local culture of Dubai.
- Discover the brilliant confluence of the Old and New Dubai at Al Seef.
- Emirati guide
- Tour in a custom-built bus
- Hotel transfers
- Audio guide
- Food and beverages
You can cancel these tickets up to 72 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Board a custom-built bus destined to take you to all the best culturally historic sites in Dubai. For the next 2 hours and 30 minutes, you can sit comfortably and listen to the compelling narrative about Dubai’s glorious past from one of the Emirati storytellers. The first stop will take you to the Al Fahidi neighborhood that dates back to the late 19th century. Positioned along the Dubai Creek, the historic district hasn’t changed much in the intervening years as most of its original infrastructure stands to this day. You will discover plenty of ochre-colored buildings and replicas of mud huts that will surely transport you back to the Old Dubai of the late-1800s.
Next, spend some time at the Dubai Museum to examine ancient weapons, tombs, pottery items, and important artifacts harkening back to the city’s prosperous pearl diving history. Also, learn about the museum’s past identities as a fort, prison, and armory during your visit. Al Fahidi is one of those rare places that has retained its old-world charm even in the aftermath of the oil boom that transformed the rest of the city’s landscape forever.
Another highlight of the trip is a visit to the Jumeirah Mosque. Its exquisite facade built in white stone, intricate design elements, and two beautiful minarets will surely capture your attention from a distance. The stunning interiors of the mosque are decked up in delightful colors like azure and pale yellow. As the only mosque in Dubai allowing non-Muslims, it is a prized attraction among tourists. Following this, you can take a cruise along the famous Dubai creek on a local abra, a traditional ferry-like boat for a quintessential Dubai experience. Lastly, also visit the desert bedouin camp, Al Shindagha, and Etihad Museum to round off your memorable trip.
know before you go
know before you go
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, and Sun: 10:30am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Centre For Cultural Understanding.
- Address: Al Fahidi, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Landmark: Dubai Museum.
- Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop is Dubai Museum. It is a quick 10-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board bus F70 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.