Offering a 360-degree spectacular view of Sydney's iconic landmarks such as Harbour Bridge, Opera House, and Darling Harbour, the Sydney Tower Eye is an architectural marvel that features on every tourist's itinerary.
Standing tall at 250 meters, the Sydney Tower Eye is the tallest building in Sydney and has an observation deck that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding locales - even up till the Blue Mountains that are situated a staggering 80km away! For the most memorable trip to the Sydney Tower Eye observation deck, one must visit during sunset hours and watch the sky transform into a colorful panorama! There's also a short 4D cinematic experience which promises to be fun while you're at the tower. Here's all you need to know before visiting this must-see destination in the capital city of New South Wales.
Sydney Tower Eye - In a Nutshell
Sydney Tower Eye - Things to know
|📍 Location:||Westfield Sydney|
|⏰ Suggested Duration:||1.5 Hours|
|☀️ Best Time to Visit:||Early morning|
|🎟️ Sydney Tower Eye Tickets:||AU$21.12|
|🚇 Closest Subway:||St James|
Sydney Tower Eye Opening Hours
Daily 10:00 AM to 08:00 PM
Sydney Tower Eye Address
Westfield Sydney, Level 5/108 Market St,
Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Sydney Tower Eye Tickets
Get discounted Sydney Tower Eye tickets on Headout or buy the Sydney Multi-Attraction Pass which bundles the Tower tickets along with other top attractions in the city.
Skip the Line Tickets to Sydney Tower Eye
- The Sydney Tower Eye Entry Ticket gives you skip the line, priority access to the top of the tower.
- One can witness the unique 4D cinematic experience.
- Use the interactive multi-lingual touchscreens to learn about the historical landmarks around Sydney.
- Free WiFi facility is available.
Sydney Multi Attraction Pass
- The Sydney Multi Attraction Pass offers skip the line access to many tourist hotspots.
- Attractions include Wild LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds Sydney, Sydney Sea Life Aquarium, and Sydney Tower Eye.
- You can save as much as 50% with these passes.
- You can choose passes consisting 2,3, or 4 attractions.
- Once used, there’s a 30-day validity of the passes for remaining attractions.
Visiting The Sydney Tower Eye - The Experience
A trip to Sydney would be incomplete without visiting the tallest skyscraper in the city which offers picturesque views of the capital city. With Headout’s Sydney Tower Eye tickets, you can enjoy direct entry to the top of the skyscraper! The skip the line passes issued by Headout will ensure that you won’t have to waste precious minutes waiting in the long queue and instead spend more time at the top floor.
The Sydney Tower Eye Observation Deck
Sydney Tower Eye’s indoor-observation deck is a sought after place that offers stunning views of the city, and its shoreline and this view includes hotspots such as Harbour Bridge, Opera House, and Darling Harbour in addition to the many roadways, houses, and coastline. When the weather is perfect, you can also see the peaks of the Blue Mountains which are actually about 80 km away from the skyscraper.
Remember to go for the 4D cinema screening at the Sydney Tower Eye which is an enthralling experience enough to leave you mesmerized and wanting more. With shows set for every 10 minutes at the latest, the anticipation of a great sensory experience can keep you excited for hours!
Sydney Tower Eye Skywalk
The Sydney Tower Eye skywalk is a high-altitude activity that involves being harnessed to safety gears while walking on the glass-floored viewing platform. Despite having the guidance of expert professionals, it isn’t for the faint-hearted.
Currently, the Sydney Skywalk is closed indefinitely over safety concerns.
Sydney Tower Eye- Directions
Facts About The Sydney Tower Eye
- The Sydney Tower Eye was designed by Donald Crone and construction for this began in 1975.
- Sydney Tower, Centrepoint Tower, Westfield Centrepoint Tower or Sydney Sky Tower, are other popular names for the Sydney Tower Eye.
- The Sydney Tower Eye observation is renowned for being the tallest skyscraper in the southern hemisphere!
- It is built to withstand extremely stressful wind conditions as it features 56 cables to stabilize the structure.
- There are 3 high-speed deck lifts here, and it only takes 40 seconds to reach the top-most floor.
- The tower can also be hired for private gatherings whether you’re planning a romantic proposal, a wedding, or a family gathering!
Tips to Enjoy Your Sydney Tower Eye Experience
- It’s a good idea to reach Sydney Tower Eye 45 minutes before sunset if you’re keen on experiencing the spectacular skies.
- Be careful with the kids - children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by guardians at all times.
- Due to security reasons, the staff at Sydney Tower Eye may not allow extremely large or bulky luggage on the deck. In case you’re carrying suitcases, you could leave them the Westfield’s concierge services.
- Keep a lookout for some special events that happen at the Sydney Tower Eye in different seasons - plenty of pop-up activities keep taking place here.
- In addition to the Sydney Tower observation deck which is the prime tourist hotspot, the tower also features some global upscale brands and makes for a great shopping destination.
- One can enjoy a hearty meal with the skyline as your backdrop at the slowly-revolving Sydney Tower Buffet restaurant.
Sydney Tower Eye- Reviews
Great views of Sydney, full 360 degree view, and a nice 4D video experience before hand, there is a gift shop at the top of the tower too. Would recommend.
The price was great be sure to ask for senior discount if you are a senior. You can get a look at the city from above and take some great pictures. You can spend all the time you want and sit and view the sites. Staff is friendly and helpful. A definite must when in Sydney.
More Sydney Guides
Check out more detailed guides on Sydney attractions and plan your visit better.
Ready to head to Sydney Tower Eye?
Purchase discounted Sydney Tower Eye tickets via Headout today!
Explore The Rest of Sydney
Fancy heading out to some other must-visit Sydney attractions? Take inspiration from our list of the best things to do in Sydney here. Use our comprehensive Sydney Travel Guide to explore the rest of Sydney in a hassle-free fashion with all the need-to-know information in hand.
FAQs: Sydney Tower Eye
Ranked as one of the safest buildings in the world, the striking design has made the tower capable of withstanding earthquakes and extreme wind conditions.
Inside we have a 4D cinema, an observation deck and the Skywalk, along with a kiosk and a gift shop. To guarantee your entry time and make great savings, please visit here to purchase your tickets. For faster entry select Print@Home or mobile tickets to scan when you arrive!
Step out into the open air on the tallest building in Sydney for a breath-taking 60-minute SKYWALK tour. You'll be walking on air at the highest outdoor viewpoint (268m) in this city, with the CBD directly beneath your feet, while our friendly guides point out iconic landmarks and share the best of Sydney stories!
The Sydney Tower Eye allow our guests to have 360° views of Sydney's fantastic skyline. Famous landmarks you will be able to see include The Rocks, Luna Park, Sydney Opera House, St Mary's Cathedral, Sydney Harbour Bridge and many more!
Sydney Tower is 309 metres tall, making it not only the tallest building in Sydney but the second tallest observation tower in the southern hemisphere.