Las Vegas. Sin City. Disneyland for adults. Gambling Capital of the World.
Called by many such names, this ever popular travel destination, located in the Mojave Desert of Nevada, is famous all across the globe for a variety of reasons. With its world-class casinos, resorts, hotels, and restaurants, Las Vegas manages to attract people from all over, all year round. With its thriving gambling scene, electric nightlife, exhilarating entertainment, delicious fine-dining and high-end shopping, a trip to Vegas makes for the most luxurious and sinful vacation ever!
However, apart from all this, there is one more, lesser-known but highly convincing reason why tourists and local Americans alike flock to this city in large numbers - and that is its whole host of Las Vegas Adventures. Vegas has a number of heart-stopping and adrenaline-pumping things to do and in this article we are going to go through all of the fun, outdoor activities in Las Vegas that will enthrall you!
Outdoor Activities in Las Vegas
Yes! There are a lot of Las Vegas Adventures you may not have known of. Well, they are are not bang in the middle of the infamous Las Vegas strip, but is definitely doable while in Las Vegas. We have divided the outdoor activities in Las Vegas into different categories, so click on the ones you fancy, check our curation of the best in that genre and get out of the casinos for a different kind of adrenaline rush. It's totally worth it!
PS : Most outdoor activities from Las Vegas are inclusive of pick up/drop off at the hotel, so you don't have to worry about getting about in the desert land.
Las Vegas Adventures
Are you a fan of white knuckling activities that bring your heart to your mouth? Well, here's our curation of the top fun adrenaline pumping Las Vegas Adventures. From Skydiving to Baja chases, river rafting and ATV rides, these Las Vegas Adventures require a short travel to Grand Canyon and the nearby areas, but we say, that's a part of the adventure too!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Your dose of travel fix - from hacks and deals to travel tips and everything in between, delivered monthly to your inbox
Quick Tips For Las Vegas Adventures
- For the Skydiving experience, to ensure complete safety and adherence to rules and regulations, the tandem master will carry out a thorough assessment to ensure that you are eligible to do the activity. In case you are injured, pregnant or inebriated, you will not be allowed to skydive.
- For the Mini Baja Chase, in case you are not comfortable driving and operating the vehicle but you still want to enjoy the experience, you can choose to be the passenger alongside an expert driver. Take in the fun of sitting in a buggy without the worry of driving it.
- As you may have noticed, most (if not all) of these tours are full-day tours. To make the most out of these experiences, it is recommended that you do not exert yourself too much the previous day and that you get a good night’s sleep the previous night.
Horse Riding in Las Vegas
Howdy! Saddle up and immerse yourself in the rugged, wide-open beauty of the Nevada desert. Feel like a true cowboy as you ride on a horseback into sunset, trodding the rocky terrain and winding along a mountainous trail through desert shrub and inspiring rock formations. You'll feel Yeehaw by the end of this horse riding expedition and we guarantee that!
Quick Tips For Horse Riding In Las Vegas
- If you are new to riding horses, you don’t have to worry as the helping hands at the ranch will guide you on how to ride them and will also help you pick out a horse that suits your height and weight.
- Ensure that you come for the tour wearing shoes and avoid wearing loose clothing. The shoes help ensure that your feet stay in the stirrups and by wearing tight or fitting clothing, you eliminate the possibility of your clothes getting entangled with the equipment.
- Due to the nature of the tour, pregnant women and guests with certain disabilities may not be allowed to sit on a horse. This can be checked and confirmed at the ranch as well.
- Horseriding in Nevada is one of the most quirky things to do. Be a true cowboy and let go of all your fears!
Canyon Tours From Las Vegas
Why visit just the Grand Canyon when you see other more pristine, less crowded canyons around? From the Death Valley National Park ( it's not as scary as the name), the Bryce Canyon and Eldorado Canyon choose your pick and embark on a premium tour that takes you to the path less troden. Also, all our Canyon Tours on Headout include hotel pick up and a sumptuous All-American meal. A total bang for your buck!
Quick Tips For Canyon Tours From Las Vegas
- All of these tours are half-day experiences or more, meaning that you will be away from Vegas for at least 6 hours. Prepare yourself the previous night with a good night’s sleep in order to make the most out of your day.
- It is recommended that you carry some eatables with you (something small) so that you have something to munch on in case you get hungry. Major meals like breakfast and lunch will be provided when necessary.
- In case you have dietary restrictions, please let the tour operators know at least 24 hours in advance so that the necessary preparations can be made.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing as you will be in the outdoors and you will be walking a considerable amount. A good pair of shoes and socks goes a long way in ensuring you have a great time at the tour.
Hoover Dam Tours From Las Vegas
A short distance of 40 miles away from Las Vegas and about 95 miles away from the Grand Canyon stands the millenia old - Hoover Dam, a concrete mammoth against the brute force of the Colorado River. Get a chance to explore the interiors of the massive Hoover Dam or discover the surrounding beauty with a cruise on Lake Mead. Whichever way you choose to explore Hoover Dam, it's an assured taste of the southern lifestyle.
Quick Tips For Hoover Dam Tours From Las Vegas
- The Hoover Dam tours involve a considerable amount of walking so make sure you come prepared with a good, comfortable pair of shoes and socks.
- You are not allowed to carry any large bags or suitcases into the Hoover Dam for security reasons, so make sure that you leave all heavy belongings in your hotel room.
Airplane & Helicopter Tours From Las Vegas
Six million years in the making, the Grand Canyon is one of the world’s most stunning geological wonders, and seeing this wonder from the sky is nothing short of breathtaking. There are a multitude of Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours that take you to different parts of the Grand Canyon, but to make things easy for you, here are the top 3 Helicopter Tours from Las Vegas that gives you the best views of the Grand Canyon.
Quick Tips For Airplance & Helicopter Tours From Las Vegas
- All of these tours provide complimentary pickup and drop off to your hotels, so you do not have to worry about transport.
- All major meals like lunch and breakfast will be provided (unless specified otherwise). If you have any dietary restrictions, please let the tour operators know at least 24 hours in advance.
- Since these tours are long in duration, it will do you well to wear comfortable clothing. Ensure that you also wear comfortable shoes as there will be some walking involved.
- The helicopter tours do have certain weight restrictions, so please ensure you check on this before making your reservation.
- Carry your camera with you! You will have a ton of photo opportunities on all of these tours.
Ready For Your Las Vegas Adventures?
Here are a few more guides and tours that could come handy to better plan your Las Vegas Adventure.