Every winter, New York City transforms into a festive wonderland. Elaborate holiday window displays, decked out restaurants and bars, and, of course, a stellar lineup of highly anticipated Christmas Broadway shows.
This year, get into the holiday spirit with shows that have become a part of NYC Christmas traditions like the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and many more! Here’s your guide to this season’s best Christmas shows in Broadway.
Guide to the best Christmas Broadway shows
- Top 3 reasons to watch Christmas Broadway shows
- Best Christmas Broadway shows to catch this season
- How to buy Broadway Christmas show tickets?
- Things to know before watching a Christmas Broadway show
- How to dress for a Christmas show on Broadway?
- Frequently asked questions about Christmas Broadway shows
Top 3 reasons to watch Christmas Broadway shows
There are many reasons to watch a Christmas show at the Broadway theatres -
- Global theatre hub: The productions are always top-notch, and the theaters are beautiful. Broadway is known for attracting amazing theatrical talent, and New York is the perfect place to see them.
- Grand productions: The shows are filled with festive cheer, beautiful costumes, state-of-the-art technological spectacles and stunning sets that will surely get you into the Christmas spirit.
- Tradition: Watching Christmas-themed Broadway shows have become a bit of a tradition in New York. After all, there's nothing quite like experiencing a classic Christmas show on Broadway!
Best Christmas Broadway shows to catch this season
Get into the Christmas spirits with some classic Christmas theatre shows at Broadway. The heartwarming performances are sure to grab your attention. These productions are great for people of all ages, with their larger-than-life props, opulent sets and bright, colourful costumes. Like every year, Broadway has some new productions while others that come back every holiday season, year after year. Choose your favorite and get tickets for the whole family today!
How to buy Broadway Christmas show tickets?
Booking tickets has never been easier with Headout! You can even get tickets at the last-minute, although, we recommend booking early!
Additionally, with Headout, you can even find great discounts on Broadway Christmas show tickets, which can be conveniently booked from the comfort of your home!
Things to know before watching a Christmas Broadway show
Broadway shows are a great way to get into the Christmas spirit! However, there are a few things you should know before you go. Here are some tips to help make your experience the best it can be:
- Broadway shows during the Christmas season are always popular, so be sure to get your Broadway Christmas Show tickets early!
- Be prepared for a big crowd.
- Many Broadway shows will also have a special holiday pricing structure. So, if you're on a budget, this might be the time to splurge on a show!
- Arrive early to get the best seats. Give yourself plenty of time to reach and settle down before the show.
- Ensure that your phones are in silent mode to not disturb the audience.
- Read the synopsis of the show to have a rough idea of what the plot is.
- Finally, don't forget to double-check your ticket vouchers for show day and time because tickets cannot be rescheduled!
How to dress for a Christmas show on Broadway?
Christmas is a spectacular festival in New York so if you are wondering what to wear to a Broadway Christmas show, we've got you covered.
- The first thing to remember is that it is always better to be overdressed than underdressed.
- When in doubt, go with a dressier option. A festive dress or skirt and blouse combination is always a great choice, as is a nice suit or cocktail dress.
- If you're really not sure what to wear, check with the theatre ahead of time - they may have specific suggestions or guidelines for what's appropriate.
- As a general rule, avoid anything too casual or too informal. And most importantly, have fun with your attire!
- Please remember, it is very cold in New York during the winter and theatres are usually air-conditioned, maintaining a comfortable temperature. Make sure you have warm outdoor coats and wraps, as well as something light at hand, that you can carry to your seat.
That’s a wrap for our roundup of the best Christmas Broadway shows!
Some of the most popular Broadway shows include Aladdin, Wicked and Lion King. These shows are highly rated and have been running for years, so be sure to browse through our entire Broadway collection! You might want to catch one of these shows too during the holiday season.
Frequently asked questions about Christmas Broadway shows
Broadway theatre shows are bigger and more expensive than off-Broadway shows. Broadway shows usually tend to have bigger-name actors and more elaborate sets and costumes.
Ticket prices for Broadway Christmas shows depend on the show, show timings as well as the seating section you have chosen. These tickets can get quite expensive, so we recommend that you book your tickets early. It is also best to get online tickets for Broadway Christmas shows, since you may be able to score some nice deals and discounts!
The best way to get Broadway Christmas show tickets is to get them online. You'll have all the information at your fingertips and you can also avail of many attractive deals and discounts.
There is no specific dress code for attending a Broadway Christmas show, but you will likely see people dressed in everything from formal wear to jeans and T-shirts. Smart casual or semi-formal attire is recommended.
Most of these Christmas shows will take place in December or early January. However, there may be a few productions that run later into January or even February. Be sure to check your preferred show's dates and timings.
More Broadway Guides
For more Broadway information, here are some helpful quick links!