Heritage Falconry & Morning Nature Safari with Bedouin Breakfast
Experience a morning desert safari in the heart of the Dubai Conservation Reserve with the main focus on the ancient tradition of falconry. At the Bedouin camp, enjoy an authentic Emirati breakfast and a nature safari in a vintage Land Rover.
Great For: Travellers keen on spending their safari exploring wildlife and interacting with animals along with a heritage experience.
- Experience a heritage falconry showcase and a nature safari at a traditional Bedouin camp in the Dubai Conservation Reserve – known as the biggest conservation area in the UAE.
- Receive an adventure pack on arrival at the camp, meet the Bedouin community, and explore your authentic surroundings.
- The main focus of this experience is, of course, the wonderful falconry and birds of prey exhibition that lasts for 75-minutes.
- Marvel at the ancient falconry techniques, and the aerial tricks that the birds perform. Learn how to deeply appreciate this ancient Arabian tradition.
- Explore the camp like a true Bedouin by going on a short camel ride – optional.
- Get ready for a true Bedouin breakfast feast, exotic and satiating delicacies made with fresh and local produce.
- You’ll end your falconry desert experience with a nature safari around the area in a vintage Land Rover. Learn about the wildlife and ecosystem of the vast desert region.
- Pick-up and drop-off in a shared/private air-conditioned vehicle
- Traditional headscarf
- Stainless steel water bottle
- A bag
- 75-minute ancient falconry performance
- Birds of prey performance
- Perform aerial tricks with the birds
- Authentic Bedouin camp experience
- A short camel ride
- Traditional Emirati breakfast (menu here)
- 1-hour Nature Safari
- Drive in a private vintage Land Rover
- Conservation guide (with the private transfer option)
- Dune buggy
- Dune bashing
- Quad biking
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
ratings & reviews
ratings & reviews
Comfortable Pick-Up in Dubai
Enjoy a hassle-free and smooth pick-up from your accommodation. Your destination is the well-known Dubai Conservation Reserve – a government-protected wildlife region – and you’ll travel there by a shared or private air-conditioned vehicle, according to the ticket option you choose during the booking.
Settle Down & Take in the Charming Bedouin Camp
On reaching the traditional Bedouin camp, you’ll be given an Adventure Pack containing a headscarf, stainless steel water bottle, and a bag. This is included in your ticket and can be taken home after the desert safari. Settle in the camp, meet the Bedouin community, and get ready for the main event of this heritage safari experience!
Witness a Magnificant Performance of Falconry & Other Birds of Prey
You’ll be treated to an exquisite show of falconry – an integral and ancient part of the Arabian desert life and culture. Considered to be a “cultural heritage of humanity” by UNESCO, falconry is art for Emiratis and this is a huge tribute to that art. For 75-minutes, you’ll be treated to performances and aerial tricks by birds of prey like falcons, eagles, and owls. Fret not, you won’t just be a bystander! Take part in this interactive experience by learning how to handle the birds and letting them perch on your gloved hand.
After this show, if you’d like, take a short camel ride around the camp.
Savor a Delicious Bedouin Breakfast
If this is your first time trying a traditional Emirati breakfast, you’re in store for a great gastronomical experience. The meal is prepared by on-site chefs with the freshest local produce. Your breakfast includes regag Arabic bread, foul medames, chabab, and an array of fresh fruit. Sip on aromatic coffee, tea, or juice and relax in the magical desert atmosphere.
End with a Nature Safari by Vintage Land Rover
It’s time to almost finish your special heritage desert experience. But, before you go back to the city, explore the flora and fauna of the region on a nature safari in a vintage Land Rover. Spot wildlife and enjoy the dunes as you drive through the desert landscape.
Drive Back to the City
Once your nature safari comes to an end, bid your goodbyes to the hospitable Bedouin and the sun-soaked desert and depart back to your hotel, reaching between 10:30am and 12pm.
Note: The timings mentioned depend on various factors and may differ slightly on the day of your experience.
know before you go
know before you go
- Pick-up: 5:30am - 7am.
- Drop-off: 10:30am - 12pm.
- It is advised to wear lightweight clothing during summers. Bring along sunglasses, sunscreen, a hat, and a jacket during winters.
- Arabic jackets (Besht) are available for guests in the camp on request should the temperature drop.
- Vegetarian, vegan, kosher-style, and/or gluten-free dietary requirements can be accommodated if informed during booking.
- The nature drive is not recommended for guests who are more than 3 months pregnant.
- A private transfer booking is required if traveling with children aged 5 and under.
You will receive a confirmation email along with a mobile voucher. Please display that mobile voucher with a valid photo ID during the pickup.
If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel are included in the ticket price.
- You will be required to provide the hotel address and location details at the time of booking.
- This tour is valid for the date and time selected at the time of booking.