Budapest, the beautiful and historical capital city of Hungary is a paradise for visitors. Home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, this city was founded about 2000 years ago. Bustling with varied architecture and culture, an astounding array of baths, spas and hot springs, vibrant nightlife and natural beauty, Budapest is best explored on a Hop On Hop Off tour. These tours give you complete freedom to create your own itinerary and you also have the flexibility to enjoy places of your choice at your own pace. The open-top, double-decker buses transport you around the glorious town of Budapest and you can hop on and hop off the buses as many times as you want. Covering the top attractions of the city like the Hungarian Parliament Building, the Hungarian State Opera House, Andrássy Avenue, Heroes’ Square, Margaret Island, Budapest Citadel etc. these buses have about 26 stops and a decent frequency. Once aboard, you can relax and enjoy the view, get a real feel of the city life and get acquainted with the surroundings through an informative audio commentary/guide.
Budapest Hop on Hop off Bus Tours - What You Need To Know
|Multiple Day Available||Routes||Frequency||Price||Extras|
|Yes - 24 & 48 hour passes||4 routes||30 minutes|| Starting from |
|Complimentary WiFi and audioguide with commentary in 11 languages|
Types of Hop-on-Hop-off Tours in Budapest
Hop On Hop off Tours in Budapest generally involve a Bus + Boat Tour. This is so as to experience the city from the sea and land. Along with this, there are 2 types of variations you can choose from
- Multiple Day Tours There are tickets available in mainly 2 formats of 24 hours and 48 hours. As per your own wish you can choose a format. The buses operate on set routes with 26 predetermined stops. Looking at the attractions covered by each bus line, you can plan your itinerary. You can use your ticket as many times as you like for the said period after the initial validation. There are add ons available which can be clubbed with the the bus tour tickets like the city walking tours, panoramic night tour by bus and a cruise along the Danube river. Cost of some of these is included in the ticket and for some you need to upgrade to a higher price option.
- Night Bus Tours You can enjoy the Panoramic Night Bus Tour which takes roughly two hours to complete the loop. This relaxed evening bus tour starts at dusk and takes you around the illuminated city of Budapest. You cover some of the prominent attractions of the city such as Buda Royal Palace, Dohany Street Synagogue and more. There are about a dozen stops where you can get off, enjoy the place and hop back to the bus. The onboard guide fills you up with interesting facts and stories about the history and culture of this beautiful city.
Budapest Hop-on Hop-off Tickets
Budapest Hop on Hop Off Bus with Boat Tour
Budapest Hop on Hop Off Bus with Boat and Night Tour
|Tour Details|| Experience the Budapest Hop On Hop off Bus + Boat Tour with a 24 hour and 48 hour variant |
| Experience the Budapest Hop On Hop off Bus + Boat Tour along with a special night tour that comes in both with a 24 hour and 48 hour variant |
Hop On Hop Off Budapest - Essential Details
There are mainly four Hop On Hop Off Budapest tour routes that are followed. Two of these, the Red line and Purple line are for the HOHO day tour buses, one is for the night tour and one for the boat cruise along river Danube. The Red line route has 26 stops, the Purple line route has 17 stops, the Night line has 13 stops and the Boat line has 4 stops.
Red Line Route
Purple Line Route
Night Line Route
Boat Line Route
Click here to view the detailed Big Bus Hop-on-hop-off bus route map.
The Red line buses arrive every 30 minutes while the frequency for remaining 3 is about 60 minutes.
The basic 24 hour hop on hop off tour of Budapest costs about €22. If you add another day or the night tour to it the cost goes up. The entry tickets to the attractions are extra.
Timings vary according to the months and type of tour.
- April to October - First tour: 09:00 AM
- November to March - First tour: 09:00 AM
- Boat tour - May & September - every hour from 10.00 AM - 8.00 PM
- Bike Tour - 1 April to 30 September 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Last tour: 06:00 PM
- Night Bus Tour: 08:00 PM
- Last tour: 04:00 PM
- Night Bus Tour: 06:00 PM
- June, July, August - 10:30 AM
- November - April - 01:00 PM, 02:30 PM, 05:00 PM and 06:30 PM
- 24/48h Unlimited Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Free WiFi onboard
- Audio commentary
- 1 river cruise by day
- 1 bus tour by night
- 1h Walking Tour
- 1h Bike Tour in Várkert Bazár
- Coupon Booklet including: free goulash, free beer, free shot, free souvenir, and many discounted entrance tickets to attractions.
- Pickup from or drop to the hotel
- Meals, snacks or drinks other than those mentioned in the coupons
- Entrance tickets to attractions
Advantages of Choosing Hop-on-Hop-off Tours in Budapest
1. 24/48h Unlimited Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour with 360° panoramic views of Budapest's main landmarks.
You can choose from the two formats, 24 hours and 48 hours of Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours depending on the time and priorities you have. The 360 degrees fascinating panoramic views of Budapest’s vibrant city life is best enjoyed from the open deck of these Hop-on Hop-off Buses. Covering the main landmarks of the city the Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours are definitely the most convenient way to explore a city.
2. Free Transport
Once you have chosen to go for Hop-on-hop-off bus tours in Budapest, all your transport expenses are taken care of. The numerous bus stops are very prominent and conveniently located. You can simply walk it to the nearest bus stop and need not spend on any other mode of transportation. You also save on botheration of using multiple means of transport to get from one place to another.
3. Engaging Commentary and learning
Once onboard, you can simply relax and have a safe, hassle free expedition. The engaging commentary in multiple languages not only keeps you abreast of your surrounding but is also very informative. It gives you a good idea of the significance and history of the places you go past and the attractions you visit. The experience gets far more enjoyable and entertaining this way.
4. Free Walking Tour & Bike Tour in Várkert Bazár
Insightful and fun-filled walking and bike tours are available for free in Várkert Bazár. They are delightful and give you the real feel of history, society and locals of Hungary. These tours give you the chance to view the city as insiders, exploring the streets, bridges, statues and historical places adorning Budapest.
5. Create your own itinerary to explore the city
Hop On Hop Off Tours of Budapest give you the flexibility to plan your own itinerary. You can decide how much time you want to spend at a specific location without being constrained by any other factors. With buses arriving every few minutes you can choose to move at your own pace and stay relaxed.
6. Double decker view
The view from the open deck of the double decker is the most appealing facet of the Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tours of Budapest. The 360 degrees panoramic view gives you an unparalleled immersive view of the city. From the comfort of your seat in these buses you can soak the sights, smells and ambience of this historical lively city and feel a part of it. You also get umpteen opportunities to capture the amazing view in your cameras from just the right height.
Hop On Hop Off Tour Tips
- Planning and organising yourself helps you enjoy much more. Decide the attractions you would like to cover and allocate time accordingly.
- Decide the amount of time you plan to spend each time you get off the bus keeping in mind the bus frequency. It'll help you save on waiting time for the buses.
- Walking comes as a package with any Hop-on- hop-off tour. Wear a comfortable pair of shoes to enjoy the experience.
- Check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
- Check the traffic rush hours. Usually mornings and early evenings have heavy traffic on certain routes. Try to plan accordingly.