Morning Desert Safari with Adventure Activities, Camel Ride & Sandboarding - Al Khayma Camp
Escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai on a 4x4 desert safari, and enjoy Dubai desert activities like dune bashing, sandboarding, and camel rides at the Al Khayma camp. Enjoy hassle-free hotel pick-up and drop-off too.
Great For: Dune Bashing Enthusiasts | Thrill-Seekers
- Your adventure morning safari will have you riding a 4x4 Land Cruiser into the Lahbab Red Dunes desert. Experience dune bashing and sandboarding there, ending with a stop at the Al Khayma desert camp.
- Enjoy benefits like pick-up from your hotel and the company of a local guide.
- When you reach the dunes, prepare for an adrenaline rush from Dubai desert activities as you get to dune bashing in your 4x4 Land Cruiser.
- Enjoy approx 45-min of crazy off-roading at different speeds on the rugged desert terrain.
- Sandboarding comes next, a really cool and popular sport you can’t miss out on.
- Quad biking is an option if you're looking to upgrade your ticket.
- It’s then time to relax and sample some Arabic coffee, sweets, and dates at the Al Khayma camp.
- Go on a short camel ride in the area around the camp before being dropped back at your hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off in an air-conditioned 4x4 Land Cruiser
- A professional licensed safari guide
- 30-45 mins dune bashing in a 4x4 vehicle (as per ticket option)
- 30 mins quad biking (as per ticket option)
- Photos stop
- Desert camp visit
- A short camel ride (repeatable)
- Cold mineral water
- Dune buggy
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Morning Pick-Up from Your Hotel
Begin your morning adventure desert safari with a pick-up from your hotel. Your vehicle will be an air-conditioned 4x4 Land Cruiser with a local guide coming along too. You’ll soon reach the Lahbab Red Dunes desert site and have about 25 mins to settle down and use the restroom facilities if needed.
Dubai Desert Activities: It’s Dune Bashing & Sandboarding Time!
Once your 4x4 vehicle is ready, take 30-45 minutes to explore the dunes by going off-road at varying speeds and directions. With your vehicle having all the necessary safety features and your driver being a skilled safari driver, focus on just having a great time as thrilling turns and bounces increase your adrenaline. Really, there’s no better way to have a desert safari adventure than to experience dune bashing. Try out sandboarding afterward – sliding down the dunes on a waxed board. Remember, take lots of photos of your time at the dunes.
You can also try out quad biking, should you wish to opt for that ticket option. Drive the spunky beast of a bike by yourself on the dunes and take it in the mesmerizing views around you.
Relax in the Traditional Atmosphere of the Al Khayma Camp
Now it’s time for the relaxing part of your energetic morning safari. At the Al Khayma camp, enjoy Arabian hospitality as you sit back and relax with some Arabic coffee (gawa), sweets (gehmet), and dates. Go around the neighboring area near the camp on a camel ride and repeat, if you like - a fitting end to your morning desert adventure.
Drive Back to the City
Depart back to your hotel in an included drop-off.
Note: The timings mentioned depend on various factors and may differ slightly on the day of your safari.
know before you go
know before you go
Pick-up: 7am - 7:30am.
- Reduced ticket pricing is available for this experience.
- It is advised to wear lightweight clothing during summer. Bring along sunglasses, sunscreen, a hat, and a jacket during winter.
- It is recommended not to eat 2-3 hours before the safari trip to avoid any sickness during dune bashing.
- The dune bashing experience is not suitable for: children aged 3 and under, pregnant women, wheelchair users, people with back and heart problems, and people with pre-existing medical conditions.
- Only guests aged 16 and above can take part in quad biking. Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult on the quad bike.
You will receive a confirmation email along with a mobile voucher. Please display that mobile voucher with a valid photo ID during the pickup.
If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel are included in the ticket price.
- You will be required to provide the hotel address and location details at the time of booking.
- The local operator will contact you one day before the experience, so kindly provide a mobile number with an active network and internet connection in the UAE, during the time of booking.
- Transfer services are available in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Cruise terminal Dubai (Port Rashid) and for Dubai Airport Holiday Inn hotel only. Private transfers can be arranged from Bab Al Shams, Al Maha resort, and Jebel Ali with an additional fee to be paid directly to the local operator in Dubai.
- This tour is valid for the date and time selected at the time of booking.