The Empire State Building Observatory: AM/PM Experience
The Empire State is the most iconic building in the Manhattan skyline and now, with the "AM/PM Experience", you can enjoy breathtaking 360-degree views of New York City during the day as well as at night. From the open-air observatory, you will be able to see expansive daytime views, as far as New Jersey and after 9:00 PM, a surreal urban view of New York at night as the city lights sparkle under the dark sky.
Empire State Building AM/PM Experience Highlights
- Skip-the-line priority access to the Empire State Building Observatory twice, once during the day and then a second time after 9:00 PM.
- Take in panoramic views of NYC from the tallest open-air observatory and enjoy the surreal sights from the 86th Floor of the ESB. The day and night views are equally stunning.
- See the famous sights of NY all around you from this 360-degree viewpoint including the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Statue of Liberty and more.
- Peer through the high-powered binoculars for a closer look at the street level.
- Super flexible tickets that allows you to visit the ESB Observatory one-year from the date of purchase of your ticket.
Why Visit the Empire State Building Observatory
The Empire State Building is often referred to as the "world's most famous building". Standing 1,454 feet tall in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, the Empire State Building has defined the essence of New York's architecture, and no true New York experience is complete without visiting this iconic building.
The Empire State Observatory rises 1,050-ft into the sky and offers amazing views of Manhattan, the Hudson Bay, and the New York skyline. You can witness the sunrise over Lady Liberty or witness a stunning sunset over Times Square.
The Empire State Observatory is an iconic spot and has played host to many cinematic moments from movies such as King Kong, Sleepless in Seattle, etc. Relive these and bask in the stunning 360-degree views from the top.
With the AM/PM experience, you can now enjoy stunning views of New York twice in the course of a day. First, during the day when the views of the city are sprawling as the urban jungle pans out in front of you. You can then visit the building a second time after 9:00 PM and enjoy the beauty of New York shining brighter than the night sky.
Upon entering the building, you're greeted by the sight of the impressive chandelier in the lobby of the ground floor. You're then led to the uber-fast elevators that propel you to the glass-enclosed Pavilion on the 86th-floor. The 86th floor has the Empire State Observation Deck.
Your total experience of the Empire State Building is inclusive of an Audio Guide available in 8 languages through the 'Empire State Building Experience' App. Enjoy the recently restored Art Deco lobby and murals, 4 educational areas that include the historical Dare to Dream and Sustainability exhibit.
The Building Lobby: This recently restored Art Deco Historic Landmark Lobby features ceiling murals which pay homage to the mechanical age, planets and stars, all rendered as an assembly line of gears in 24-karat gold and aluminum leaf. On the wall in the Fifth Avenue lobby is one of the most famous images in New York City, a depiction of the building itself with beams of light radiating from the mast.
Dare to Dream Exhibit: This exhibit chronicles the Planning and Construction of the World’s Most Famous Building and captures the building’s history, engineering, and construction, paying tribute to the pioneering work of the architects, builders, and laborers of the day. Here you’ll find original documents including period photographs, architectural sketches, construction notes, and daily bookkeeping documents.
Sustainability Exhibit: In 2009, the Empire State Building began an award-winning sustainability retrofit. Upon completion of the program, ESB will reduce total energy usage by more than 38 percent, energy costs by $4.4 million annually, and carbon emissions by 105,000 metric tons over the next 15 years! The exhibit showcases the state-of-the-art technology and processes that went into the overhaul in a fun, comprehensible way, sure to inspire visitors of all ages.
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Art Deco Lobby
- Dare to Dream Exhibit
- Sustainability Exhibit
- High-power binoculars on 86th Floor
- Audio guide (app download)
- Free WiFi in the building
Know Before You Go
The Empire State Building Observatory is open from 08:00 am to 02:00 am. Last admission is at 01:15 am. The best times to visit are immediately before or after sunset.
Keep in Mind
- For the AM/PM Experience, the night ticket is redeemable after 9 pm.
- Please note that all guests must pass through security to access the Observatory.
- 102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th floor kiosk
- The Empire State Building is wheelchair-accessible.
- Children under the age of six years do not have to purchase a ticket.
Super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 6 hours in advance for a full refund.
Really love the concept of the day and night tour. Value for money.
A very elaborate pass. You get to make the most of your NYC tour with it. I simply loved the idea of going twice!
The views are outstanding. Especially the lights during the night tour! Must buy.
How To Redeem Tickets
You will receive an email with your Empire State Building Observatory voucher shortly. Please print the voucher. You can take those printed tickets to the venue and skip the line directly to the elevators.
Note: The night ticket is redeemable only after 9:00 PM.
Your ticket is valid for one-year from your date of purchase.
Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue , Between 33rd and 34th Street, New York