The Empire State Building Observatory: AM/PM Experience
The Empire State is the most iconic building in the Manhattan skyline and now, with the "AM/PM Experience", you can enjoy breathtaking 360-degree views of New York City during the day as well as at night. From the open-air observatory, you will be able to see expansive daytime views, as far as New Jersey and after 9:00 PM, a surreal urban view of New York at night as the city lights sparkle under the dark sky.
Empire State Building AM/PM Experience Highlights
- Skip-the-line priority access to the Empire State Building Observatory twice, once during the day and then a second time after 9:00 PM.
- Take in panoramic views of NYC from the tallest open-air observatory and enjoy the surreal sights from the 86th Floor of the ESB. The day and night views are equally stunning.
- See the famous sights of NY all around you from this 360-degree viewpoint including the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Statue of Liberty and more.
- Peer through the high-powered binoculars for a closer look at the street level.
- Super flexible tickets that allows you to visit the ESB Observatory one-year from the date of purchase of your ticket.
Why Visit the Empire State Building Observatory
The Empire State Building is often referred to as the "world's most famous building". Standing 1,454 feet tall in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, the Empire State Building has defined the essence of New York's architecture, and no true New York experience is complete without visiting this iconic building.
The Empire State Observatory rises 1,050-ft into the sky and offers amazing views of Manhattan, the Hudson Bay, and the New York skyline. You can witness the sunrise over Lady Liberty or witness a stunning sunset over Times Square.
The Empire State Observatory is an iconic spot and has played host to many cinematic moments from movies such as King Kong, Sleepless in Seattle, etc. Relive these and bask in the stunning 360-degree views from the top.
With the AM/PM experience, you can now enjoy stunning views of New York twice in the course of a day. First, during the day when the views of the city are sprawling as the urban jungle pans out in front of you. You can then visit the building a second time after 9:00 PM and enjoy the beauty of New York shining brighter than the night sky.
Upon entering the building, you're greeted by the sight of the impressive chandelier in the lobby of the ground floor. You're then led to the uber-fast elevators that propel you to the glass-enclosed Pavilion on the 86th-floor. The 86th floor has the Empire State Observation Deck.
The Empire State Building ticket not only gives you access to the legendary New York landmark but it also allows you to soar 1,049 Ft (320 m) high and enjoy a magnificent 360-degree open-air view of New York City. It also gives you access to the new second-floor galleries immersing guests in a series of exhibits, taking you on an experiential journey from the building’s construction to its current place in pop culture. Explore their new Site in the 1920s, Construction, Opening Day, Modern Marvel, Otis Elevators, World’s Most Famous Building, King Kong and Celebrity Exhibits!
Your total experience of the Empire State Building is inclusive of an Audio Guide available in 8 languages through the 'Empire State Building Experience' App. Enjoy the recently restored Art Deco lobby and murals, and the 4 educational areas.
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Art Deco Lobby
- Dare to Dream Exhibit
- Sustainability Exhibit
- High-power binoculars on 86th Floor
- Audio guide (app download)
- Free WiFi in the building
Know Before You Go
The Empire State Building Observatory is open from 08:00 am to 02:00 am. Last admission is at 01:15 am. The best times to visit are immediately before or after sunset.
Keep in Mind
- For the AM/PM Experience, the night ticket is redeemable after 9 pm.
- Please note that all guests must pass through security to access the Observatory.
- 102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th floor kiosk
- The Empire State Building is wheelchair-accessible.
- Children under the age of six years do not have to purchase a ticket.
Super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 6 hours in advance for a full refund.
How To Redeem Tickets
You will receive an email with your Empire State Building Observatory voucher shortly. Please print the voucher. You can take those printed tickets to the venue and skip the line directly to the elevators.
Note: The night ticket is redeemable only after 9:00 PM.
Your ticket is valid for one-year from your date of purchase.