Empire State Building Tickets: AM/PM Experience
The Empire State is the most iconic building in the Manhattan skyline and now, with the AM/PM Experience, you can enjoy breathtaking 360-degree views of New York City during the day as well as at night. From the open-air observatory, you will be able to see expansive daytime views, as far as New Jersey and after 8:00 PM, a surreal urban view of New York at night as the city lights sparkle under the dark sky.
- Skip-the-line access to the Empire State Building Observatory twice, once during the day and then a second time after 8:00 PM
- Take in panoramic views of the city that never sleeps from one of the city's tallest open-air observatories
- Experience a romantic Manhattan view and enjoy the surreal sights from the 86th Floor of the ESB
- See famous NY highlights from this 360-degree viewpoint including the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, and more
- On a clear day, you can see up to six states — New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, and Massachusetts
- Super flexible tickets that allow you to visit the ESB Observatory one year from the date of purchase of your ticket
- Skip-the-line entry into the Empire State Building
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck twice in a day - once during the day, and again after 8:00 PM that same night
- Free multimedia app
- Access to the new second floor immersive exhibits
- High-power binoculars on 86th Floor
- State-of-the-art air purification system that regulates the air quality
- Free WiFi in the building
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
The Empire State Building is often referred to as the "world's most famous building". Standing 1,454 feet tall in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, the Empire State Building has defined the essence of New York's architecture, and no true New York experience is complete without visiting this iconic building. With the AM/PM experience, you can now enjoy stunning views of New York twice in the course of a day. First, during the day when the views of the city are sprawling as the urban jungle pans out in front of you. You can then visit the building a second time after 8:00 PM and enjoy the beauty of New York shining brighter than the night sky.
Upon entering the building, you're led to the uber-fast elevators that propel you to the glass-enclosed Pavilion on the 86th-floor. The 86th floor has the Empire State Observation Deck. Enjoy access to the brand-new Observatory Experience complete with 10,000 square feet (929 square meters) of interactive exhibits that will take you on a journey from the building's construction to its current place in pop culture. Relive the cinematic moments of the ESB as seen in movies such as King Kong and Sleepless in Seattle.
Your total experience of the Empire State Building is inclusive of an Audio Guide available in 8 languages through the 'Empire State Building Experience' App. Note: The night ticket is redeemable after 9 PM or 10 PM, depending on the date selected.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Right now, admissions are by appointment only
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask inside the building
- You will be temperature screened. A temperature of lower than 100.4°F is needed for entry
- Observe the marked social distancing markers - maintain a distance of 6 feet or 2 meters. The building has reduced its capacity by over 50%, so it’s easy
- The hosts wear personal protective equipment (face masks, face shields, gloves)
- You will find hand sanitizers throughout the experience
- In addition to normal cleaning, the ESB also does an Overnight Electrostatic Disinfectant spray of the entire Observatory space. Plus, there is frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces
- Exhibit components that require close facial contact have been disabled
- There are new air-quality upgrades including MERV 13 air filters, a state-of-the-art air purification system designed to provide clean air to over 1,600 hourly visitors, and fresh air ventilation
- The first entry (morning visit) must take place anytime after 8 AM, the second entry (night) must take place anytime after 8:00 PM
- Both visits must be completed on the same day
- This ticket is only available on certain days outside of peak holiday times, see the calendar for details
- 102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at the Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th-floor kiosk
- The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant and is wheelchair-accessible, service dogs and motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted
- Children under the age of six years do not have to purchase a ticket
- Until Oct 18, 2020 - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Oct 19 to Nov 25 - 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Nov 26, 27, 28, 29 - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Nov 30 to Dec 18 - 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Dec 19 to Jan 3, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Note: The last elevator goes up 45 minutes before closing time
You will receive an email with your Empire State Building Observatory voucher shortly. Please print the voucher. You can take those printed tickets to the venue and skip the line directly to the elevators.
Note: The night ticket is redeemable only after 8:00 PM.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at The Empire State Building
- Address: 20 W 34th St, New York, NY 10001, United States
- To locate this point on Google Maps, simply search for - Empire State Building
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Your ticket is valid for one year from your date of purchase