Amsterdam Museum Entry Tickets & Audioguide
Discover the extraordinary story of Amsterdam: its past, present, and future, at the Amsterdam Museum. Step into the world of Rembrandt, Johan Cruijff, Ajax, hash and more as you explore the museum of this world-city with an audio guide.
- Learn more about Amsterdam, its culture and evolution
- Discover your lineage with the Amsterdam DNA tour which highlights the diversity of the area
- The Little Orphanage exhibit allows children and their parents to learn about life in a 17th-century orphanage
- Take in the rich architecture and design that makes the building a special venue.
- Use the free audio guide to get deeper insights on all that you see
Walk into the Amsterdam Museum and be mesmerized by the history of the land. Focussing on the core Dutch values of entrepreneurship, free-thinking, citizenship, and creativity; this museum pays homage to these ideas and promises to be a treat. In this monumental Museum building, you will discover the story of Amsterdam through masterpieces such as an aerial map from the Middle Ages and Breitner's The Dam. The Amsterdam DNA Tour, for instance, uses interactive images, sounds and more to relive the history of the city.
In ‘World City,’ explore the centuries-long connection between the city and the world. Learn how globalization, migration, and growth came together to bring in a new attitude, from the past to the present. Another special favorite among the kids is ‘The Little Orphanage’ where parents and children discover life in the 17th-century orphanage. At the end of your tour, drop by the Mokum Museum Cafe located inside the museum, known for its transformation from a cow-shed to a serene cafe! Tip: Be sure to visit the Amsterdam Gallery on your way to/from the Amsterdam Museum. The street leading from Begijnensteeg to the museum is an open-air museum and showcases portraits of artists such as Van Der Helst and Erwin Olaf.
- Amsterdam Museum Ticket
- Audioguide (Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese)
- Hotel transfers
Ages 0-17yrs and below go free (carry a valid photo ID)
Know Before You Go
- The museum is open daily from 10 AM to 5 PM
- It is not accessible by wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Pets are not allowed. Guide dogs are
- Touching of art objects is not allowed
- Leave your backpacks and umbrellas at the cloakroom or in a locker. Suitcases or other travel bags are not taken in
- You are allowed to take photos and videos; however, tripods may not be used
- Make sure to switch your phone to 'silent' when you’re inside the museum
Strict Cancellation Policy
This ticket cannot be canceled, rescheduled or amended
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is Amsterdam Museum (Kalverstraat 92, 1012 PH Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Amsterdam Museum
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- The museum is a 15-minute walk from Amsterdam's Central Station, via Damrak, Dam Square and Kalverstraat.
- The closest metro station is Rokin
- Catch the M52 to get here
- The nearest tram stations are ‘Spui’ and ‘Rokin’
- Tram #2, 11 and 12 will get you to Spui stop
- Tram #4, 14 and 24 will get you to Rokin stop
This ticket is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase