Ski Dubai Penguin Encounter
Have the experience of a lifetime interacting with the colony of incredible King and Gentoo penguins that call Ski Dubai home and get the opportunity to learn about these adorable creatures!
- An up and close personal interaction with the penguins.
- Meet at least 2 Snow Penguins.
- Enjoy free rental for all necessary winter wear.
- Collect your meal vouchers at Ski Dubai.
- Click here for the safety measures that are strictly enforced in compliance with the UAE government policy on health and hygiene
- 40 Minute Penguin Encounter.
- Meet at least 2 penguins in a small group.
- Should you upgrade to Snow Plus, you can get access to Snow Park and the rides and attractions within.
- Free rental of Winter Attire: Thermal jacket, pants, boots, socks, as well as helmets for children under the age of 13.
- 25 AED Key Card Deposit
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Though Ski Dubai is most well known for being a stand alone ski park, they also have a thriving colony of King and Gentoo penguins that live in the most sophisticated habitat in the UAE, with a private pool, a top deck and a private holding area, which gives the penguins the space to play and live. The private pool and top deck are made visible to people during the Penguin Encounter through a glass wall. Ski Dubai's care and attention in safeguarding these animals is well noted during a visit to the park and the Penguin area.
Once you arrive and get your winter gear on to brave the sub zero temperatures of the park, you will meet up with your expert penguin guide who will walk you through a set of instructions regarding the encounter. Post this briefing session, you will enjoy a short video about King and Gentoo penguins specifically and what sets them apart, like habitat, characteristics and distinctive markings. You will then be introduced to at least two penguins that you will have the opportunity to interact with and marvel at before enjoying some free time watching the penguins swim effortlessly and play underwater through the pool windows.
Should you upgrade to Snow Plus, you can take advantage of the exceptional rides and experiences that Ski Dubai has to offer or, you can keep your visit short and sweet and leave the park post your penguin encounter.
Know Before You Go
Guests needs to be there at the attraction an hour prior to their experience
Click here for the safety measures that are strictly enforced in compliance with the UAE government policy on health and hygiene
Timings for the Park
- Sunday - Wednesday: 10 AM - 11 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM -12 AM
- Friday: 9 AM - 12 AM
- Saturday: 9 AM - 11 PM
Timings for the Penguin Encounter
- Every 30 minutes from 12 PM to 9 PM.
Ski Dubai is located in Mall of the Emirates. If you are taking the metro, then get down at Mall of the Emirates Metro Station.
Note: For safety reasons, children under the age of two are not allowed to enter Ski Dubai.
- Get extra value by choosing the Snow Plus Pass, which not only gives you access to the Snow Park and the rides in it along with your Penguin Encounter, but provides it to you at a fraction of the cost should you book the two separately. You can choose the Snow Plus Pass by choosing the 10 AM time slot after selecting the date of your visit.
You will receive instant confirmation of your booking along with your mobile voucher. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID. Please arrive at the attraction an hour prior to their experience.
Ratings & Reviews
- The 40-minute Penguin Encounter is exclusive of Snow Park access. If Snow Park Access is required, you will have the option to upgrade to an Express Pass.
- Children between the ages of 3 and 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Caps are not included in the winter attire provided so please bring your own should you be particularly sensitive to cold weather.
- Children Below the age 3 will not be permitted inside the park.