British Museum Self-Guided Audio Tour (No Entrance Ticket)
Plug in your audio guide and get a peek into two million years of human history and culture at the British Museum!
- Tour the British Museum at your own pace.
- Be free of guides, agendas, and tour groups.
- Listen to a multilingual audio guide and get a deeper understanding of human history and culture.
- Unlimited access to all self-guided features
- Unlimited use for the duration of your stay
- Multilingual audio commentary
- Mobile device
- Entry into the British Museum
- Public transportation tickets
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Avoid the big tour groups and explore the world's largest collections of human history, art, and culture at your own pace. Your ticket gives you access to a multilingual audio guide that you can listen to as you browse the British Museum's amazing collection. Boasting over 8 million artifacts and objects, there's plenty to see as you tour the museum's 23 galleries and special exhibits.
Some highlights include the “Rosetta Stone”, which was the key to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphics. There are also well-preserved mummies, such as the Mummy of Katebet. See also Greek antiquities like the Parthenon Sculptures. Check out the Anglo-Saxon “Sutton Hoo” burial relics and even 16th-century samurai armor!
know before you go
know before you go
- If you're planning to visit by car, please be aware that the museum doesn't offer parking facilities, except for visitors with access requirements.
- Entry to the Museum is via the main entrance on Great Russell Street or the entrance on Montague Place.
- Every day, except Fridays, the main entrance closes at 4pm as the museum closes at 5pm. On Fridays, due to the late opening of exhibitions, the main entrance closes at 7:30pm as the museum closes at 8:30pm.
- All visitors must pass through a security check which involves a bag search.
- An easy access route is available for disabled visitors, members and visitors with pushchairs and/or children under five.
- Daily from 10am to 5pm (Fridays: 8:30pm)
- Last entry: 4pm (Fridays: 7:30pm)
- You will receive access to the audio guide on the Vox City app, which can be downloaded on your smartphone.
- Start the audio on your device and explore at your own convenience.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at The British Museum.
- Address: Great Russell St, London WC1B 3DG, United Kingdom.
The following bus routes pass within walking distance of the Museum.
- New Oxford Street: 1, 8, 19, 25, 38, 55, 98, 242
- Tottenham Court Road (northbound)/Gower Street (southbound): 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390
- Southampton Row: 59, 68, X68, 91, 168, 188
The four tube stations closest to the Museum are:
- Tottenham Court Road: 5-minute walk
- Holborn: 7-minute walk
- Russell Square: 7-minute walk
- Goodge Street: 8-minute walk
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.