4x4 Hatta Day trip to Heritage village and Fossil Rock
Experience the serenity and calm of Emirati village life by visiting Hatta, a now restored village situated in the heart of the Hajjar mountains and top it off with a thrilling drive through the desert, highlighted by a Desert Safari!
- Day trip to Hatta Heritage Village and the UAE desert by 4x4
- Travel with a guide from Dubai to Hatta in the mountains of Al-Hajar
- Explore Hatta Heritage Village and learn about its 16th-century mud-brick mosques
- Visit the rock formations of Jebel Maleihah and Camel Rock
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Dubai included
- Hotel pick-up & Drop off
- Transportation by 4WD vehicle (Toyota Land Cruiser or similar)
- English-speaking guide/driver
- Bottled mineral water and soft drinks
- Picnic breakfast
- Falcon show
- Hatta Heritage Village visit
- Hatta Dam visit
- Fossil and Camel rock drive
- Complimentary Local's Pocket Guide to Dubai (money-saving hacks, detailed itineraries, best of Dubai & more)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Embark on a journey to discover two contrasting landscapes, desert and mountains on an adrenaline filled drive through the Hajjar Mountain Range. Hatta, an exclave of the emirate of Dubai, needs to be visited crossing through a part of the neighboring Oman. The scenic beauty of Hatta is complemented by the rich heritage which can be revisited through the heritage village, and fort which date back to the 16th century.
Once you leave Hatta, drive through the desert to admire the scenery as well as rock formations like Fossil Rock and Camel Rock, a true testament of time. You will also get the chance to visit the Heritage village, where the ancient village of Dubai has been preserved. You can visit 200 years old mosque and an ancient fort. You will also stop at a local carpet market where you can buy intricately woven carpets as well as beautifully made potteries. Enjoy a picnic breakfast spread before going dune bashing and enjoying the rest of your Desert Safari.
know before you go
The total duration of the experience is 6 hours. You will be picked up from your residence in Dubai at 7:30 AM.
The experience will begin and end at your place of stay.
What to Wear
Dress code: lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised. Hats are advisable when in direct sunlight. The United Arab Emirates has conservative dress traditions. Men and women should ensure the shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops, and villages.
Please Note:On account of Prophet Mohammed's Birthday, there will be no entertainment shows and alcohol at the Safari between 19th and 20th November.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Ensure you take a print out of your voucher and display it along with valid photo ID at the redemption point.
These tickets are valid only for the date and time of booking.
ratings & reviews
- Desert Safari involve off-road driving across sand dunes as well as off-road tracks. As the drive can be rough in certain given rugged areas we are unable to accept any pregnant women, persons with heart ailments and back or neck problems.
- Child up to 4.99 years old are not allowed to join our sharing tour
- The local tour operator reserves the right to cancel any part of the scheduled programs because of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or other similar circumstances.
- Delays in hotel pick-up may occur due to traffic conditions or due to other clients en route to your hotel for the public tour.