Pompeii Skip The Line 2.5 Hours Small Group Guided Tour
Skip the notoriously-long ticket queues at Pompeii with your skip-the-line tickets and take a deep-dive into the history of this city as you walk through the cobbled streets. Listen intently to your tour guide to pick up fascinating anecdotes and secrets about the ancient city.
- Whim past the long queue lines and make your way into the site with your skip-the-line access tickets.
- Indulge in a historic adventure into the Roman town and see common artifacts which resemble those found in the 21st century.
- See an ancient town almost perfectly preserved by volcanic ash; frescos, buildings, artworks, human plaster casts, it’s all there for you to see.
- Your small group allows you to have an intimate experience, while listening intently to your expert tour guide who will bring to life the stories about this historically relevant city.
- With the option to select between English, Spanish, German, and French tour guides, you can now learn about Pompeii in the language you're most comfortable with.
Pompeii is the stuff of legends, and has inspired countless documentaries, movies and books! Being a common tourist destination, there’s no surprise that it draws over 2.5 million people from across the globe to explore through the excavations. This tour is particularly beneficial because you get to stroll past the famously long ticketing queues. Additionally, you’ll have a dedicated tour guide alongside you throughout the entire 2.5 hours, feeding you with informative tips and interesting anecdotes about the places and things you see. Choose between English, Spanish, German, and French guided tours to really get a more intimate tour.
With ancient ruins and age-old artifacts all around, and a skyline dominated by Mount Vesuvius, the visuals through this discovery are breathtaking. Your 2.5-hour guided tour will include all the important sites at the landmark. There are numerous frescos and statues spread over the town along with 25 street fountains, 4 public baths and many business buildings which paints an almost real picture of the town in its hay day. As you stroll through the cobbled streets you’ll find yourself looking at everything with a sense of wonder and amazement. After all, you’re in a place that is frozen in the fabric of time.
Deeply ingrained in myth and history, Pompeii dates back to nearly 2,000 years ago. An ancient site, the town was unearthed in 1748 AD after the infamous eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. Over here you can revel in the ancient glory of the Campania region forever immortalized by the volcanic debris, standing as a true testament of nature’s infinite existence. Your understanding of the ancient world is sure to change after you see how much we have in common with people who lived in the first century. From everyday objects to wine barrels, there’s a lot for you to see and discover on this tour. You’re guaranteed to see breathtaking ruins, rich displays of Vesuvian art and incredible landscapes preserved by the volcano.
You may choose between the four available ticket options, namely:
- Pompeii Skip The Line 2.5 Hours Small Group Guided Tour (English)
- Pompeii Skip The Line 2.5 Hours Small Group Guided Tour (Spanish)
- Pompeii Skip The Line 2.5 Hours Small Group Guided Tour (German)
- Pompeii Skip The Line 2.5 Hours Small Group Guided Tour (French)
- Skip-the-line access into Pompeii excavations
- Dedicated headsets
- Expert tour guide (in English, Spanish, German, or French)
This tour is available every day at 1:45 PM (during peak seasons) and 1:30 PM otherwise.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children’s tickets (aged 3-7) can be bought at discounted rates. Infants aged 2 and below may enter for free.
Know Before You Go
- The excavation fee for all first Sundays of the month is free.
- It’s very important for you to enter the site from the entrance at Porta Marina Superiore or Porta Marina Inferiore. The other entrances do not have a priority access lane and as such, you will be forced to stand in a queue.
- Since this tour involves a fair amount of walking, it is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the ticketing counter.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- The meeting point is in front of Hotel Vittoria at Porta Marina Inferiore.
- It is walking distance from the Pompeii Scavi- Villa Dei Misteri Metro Station.
- On your way to your meeting point, you will see a line of restaurants, one of which is Ristorante Suisse.
- Look out for your tour guide who will be waiting in front of this hotel.
Take Metro #1 and get off at the Pompeii Scavi- Villa Dei Misteri Metro Station. This is a short walk to the meeting point.
Take bus 5000 or 5020 and get off at Pomepi Scavi Bus Stop. This is a 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
This ticket is valid for the same date and time selected at checkout.